Week 4 49ers @ Jets

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by CalebMackie, Sep 29, 2012.

1. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

[​IMG][​IMG]
    49ers 23 - 17 Jets

We had a defensive showdown here in week 4 with the 49ers facing off with the Jets and the theme of this game was all defense. The first two drives of the game would be a prime example with the 49ers throwing an interception in the red zone and then Mark Sanchez throwing an interception on the second play of the Jets drive. The first quarter would go extremely slow resulting in only 3 points from both teams combined to give the 49ers an early lead that was not comfortable by any means.​

Second quarter would be where all the action would go down with both teams combining for 24 points in total in just this quarter alone. It started off with the Jets moving a drive down the field for a Nick Folk field goal tying the game up but the 49ers would come back with a decent drive of their own and it would result in a 46 yard Frank Gore rushing touchdown (his longest run of the season I believe). The Jets would fire back with a 72 yard passing touchdown to Santonio Holmes found on a big opening off of a good judgement from a no huddle play. The game would be tied up within 2 minutes left and the Jets were looking good on a 2 minute drill but alas Sanchez would throw his 2nd pick of the game to Chris Culliver which would prove to be important since it would result in the 49ers scoring a touchdown with 13 seconds left in the 2nd quarter on a 31 yard pass to Randy Moss who made an astounding one hand catch (maybe he was trying to remind Revis of a couple years ago when he made that one handed td with the Pats passed him).​

The third quarter would be absolutely silent resulting in 0 points scored by both opponents combined the 4th quarter would not be much of a difference either. In the second half, the name of the game for the 49ers was controlling the pace and clock management which ultimately payed off for us in the end. The Jets would fire back with another HUGE play with Santonio Holmes on a one play burst for 57 yard; the game would come down to the Jets 4 and 1 with around 1:30 remaining. The Jets called up a Tim Tebow sneak down the middle in hopes to secure a first down, it looked like an absolute first down but the refs were decided that it was not close enough (perhaps it was the replacement refs) and the game was ran out by the 49ers.​

GG Randiesel75 I feel like I had a really straight up, sim game against you. It was a shame the way it ended but aside from the quirky ending the game definitely was a fun one.​

Game Stats:
    49ers
    C.Kaepernick 194 yards 1td 1int
    F.Gore 19 att 99 yds td
    R.Moss 4 rec 81 yds 1td
    D.Whitner 6 tckles 4 tfl 1 sck 1 ff

Jets
    M.Sanchez 228 yards 2td 3int
    T.Jones 20 att 97 yds 1 fum
    S.Holmes 4 rec 160 yds 2 td

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

What a game, great matchup these 2 teams.

In looking at the overall statistics after the match it was very even. As an example, look how close each starting back was to the century mark. Unlucky for Tim Tebow, finally called up, gets what appeared to be a bad spot on the QB sneak. And, within the 2 minute mark, unable to be reviewed.

Solid game, well played. San Fransciso played the better game, well deserved of the win.

Good luck, hopefully we meet up again in the future.

3. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Defensive battles are always my favorite, when you forced that fumble on Vernon Davis I wasn't even mad. Rather I was hype for you haha I saw the hit and was like "DAAAAAAAAAAYM!" that ball must have got knocked loose 4-5 yards he was hit so hard. One of my favorite things about the new physics is the big hits but I think it's time I go to hit stick rehab... I keep doing it out of muscle memory and it's clear I like big hits a little too much lol

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Same here, defensive battles are my favorite. I don't understand when I see these high scoring games how it can be enjoyable. For me, I get the high on stopping someone and forcing the punt. To each their own, I guess.