Week 4: Broncos(14) vs Titans(45)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Sep 11, 2010.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    Week 4: Broncos(14) vs Titans(45)

Titans Take The Broncos For A Walk 45-14

The Denver Broncos made the cross country trip to play the Tennessee Titans in week 4 of the OMFL regular season. Denver(2-1) came to Nashville with all the momentum after a big win over the colts looked to get their season going into the right direction. The Titans(1-2) looked to shore up a league worst defense and was eager to have Chris Johnson reunite with the team after injury. A cold front that blew through nashville hours before kickoff brought in torrental downpours that lastest throughout most of the game.

The broncos won the toss and defered so the titans got the ball first and showed there gameplan right off the bat. The titans only threw the ball a couple times in the quarter as they looked to get reps to 3 deep in their running back group. The only score of the quarter happened with 4 mins left as the Titans caught the Broncos in a blitz and VY dropped it off the CJ for a 44yd pass TD.

The Broncos had possession as the 2nd quarter started but mere plays into the drive, Neakbeard Orton got hit on a deep throw and Titans CB Finnegan stepped in and intercepted it for a score. Titans up 14-0. It seemed Finnegan had a hit out on him becuase on the next Broncos drive, the first play to Finnegans side ended in a huge hit on the CB that put him out for the rest of the game. The titans defense rallied and stripped Broncos RB Moreno for the turnover 2 plays after the Titan injury. A couple of plays later, speedy Titan backup TE Cook Jr. found a soft spot in the zone and scored from 19 yards out to put the titans up by 21. Denver looked a bit better offensively on their next possession to finally get on the board 21-7 but on the ensuring kickoff, Titan kick returner Tye Hill, for the second time on the season, took they kickoff 100 yards to the house to put the titans up by 21 again. It seemed to break the Broncos detirmination and motivation as they couldnt really get any drives moving for the rest of the game. The Broncos scored late in the quarter to end the half with a score of 28-14 Titans.

It seemed both team's defense tighten up coming out of halftime, as neither team scored in the 3rd quarter. The titans most promising drive of the quarter happened late. As time expired, Vince Young and the titans found themselves in the Broncos redzone. At the end of the 3rd, the score was still 28-14 titans.

On the first play of the fourth quarter, Vince Young again caught the Broncos defense in a soft zone and WR Kenny Britt found the ball in the endzone for the 16 yard reception and scored to make the score 35-14 Titans. Coach Ox, not wanting to suffer another key injury late in a game, sat VY and CJ for the rest of the game to get Kerry Collins and rookie RB Blounte some reps. The Titans added 10 more to end the game with score of 45-14 Titans victory.

Player of the Game
    Chris Johnson
    14rush 60yds, 1rec 41yds 1TD​

GG Winny, seemed like it would have been closer late if hurricane bullshit didnt blow through tennessee at gametime. GL the rest of the season...Your my boy blue!!!!
  2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Oct 8, 2009
    Sadly, I never really felt "out" of this game even down by two touchdowns in the second half. Just fumbles KILLED me....

I think on a dryer field, the game would have been closer, but you were the superior player no matter what. Like I said, I just wanted to make it respectable.

And I STILL have the Texans to give a W to. Man, there is NO give in my schedule.

Anyone want to start negotiations for the #1 overall pick? I may be in the running for it.