Week 4: Charger @ Chiefs

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Ace847, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    It was good to match up against the new head coach of the Chiefs. I can assure you, he will not be putting up 75 points against the CPU anytime soon because he is a solid sim player unlike Chiefs owners of the past.

Our first match-up froze in the first quarter and it was a good game with both of us over 50 yards rushing and some nice plays. The Chiefs had just scored making it 10 to 3 and I paused the game to make a substitution and it just froze up on us. It was a real bummer and it would have been interesting to see how that game would have ended up because I think our teams are pretty evenly matched and could have gone either way in either game.

After the restart the Chargers began possession and began with a few passes instead of the heavy rush attack in our first game and were knocking on fg range when the Chiefs forced a punt. This game was solid defensively on both sides of the ball forcing 9 total punts during the game. It was back and forth but the Chargers got on the board first with a FG at the end of the first quarter. Followed by another FG in the second. After an untimely interception at the end of the first half by Rivers the Chiefs took over to mount a late half drive but threw an interception and gave the Chargers great field possision with about 20 seconds left in the half. Rivers and Gates hook up for a TD at the end of the first half making it 13-0 Chargers after an unfortunate mistake by the Chiefs.

The second half began with an 85 yard kick return by Dexter McCluster which was stopped just short of a td but Peyton Hillis shortly finished the job with a 1 yard td making it 13-7.

The Chargers would add one more fg in the third quarter and that would be the last scoring of the game. There was a 55 yard field goal attempt that Kaeding attempted that I hit full power that came up just short. There was also a promising play action pass to Gates in the corner of the end zone that was picked off by the Chiefs in the end-zone! The Chiefs also misfired on a 45 yard FG themselves that would have brought the game to within one possession.

That being said, the players of the game was the SD charger defense only allowing 179 total yards on defense! Eric Weddle gets the official nod with 2 interceptions (including one in the end-zone) but the whole defense was really clicking today. 7 total sacks with Jarret Johnson and Aubrayo Franklin getting 2 each. The Chargers also forced Cassel into throwing 4 interceptions and no TD's on the day. Redzone defense was stout only allowing points on the opening second half td run after a huge kick return by McCluster.

GG JFace907 glad to have in TLY.

San Diego: 16 Chiefs: 7

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Great game in KC to open up my TLY campaign. CHargers played some quality D, especially after the restart. In the first game the Chiefs were clicking, had everything going and then in the restart it was like the Chargers figured me out. Its a bummer not having Charles, but real teams don't make excuses so neither am I. Peyton Hillis is a quality back that actually had a decent game the Chargers did a great job forcing me to get out of my running game early.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Woah didn't even know that JFace joined TLY, welcome man! Maybe you can make a TLY podcast for the playoffs or something :rolleyes:. Just messin, but great write up Danny, this sounded like a really fun game to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Good point. JFace serves a great podcast, would love to hear this when things come down to the wire.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

The man was born with a voice for radio!

• Like Like x 1
  6. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

You can Thank me for hurting Charles. Had to collect on a bounty.;)