Week 4: Cincinnati Bengals @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Boom29, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Jaguars Are Top Cat
    Remain Undefeated with 28-14 Victory over Bengals

In a battle of undefeated teams, the Jacksonville Jaguars used a 21 point third quarter surge to distance themselves from the Cincinnati Bengals, and win their fourth straight game 28-14.

The key sequence of the third quarter began with an interception of Bengal QB Andy Dalton who would under throw his intended receiver, allowing CB Derek Cox to intercept the pass and return it to the Bengal red zone. From there QB Blaine Gabbert would connect on a slant pass with WR Laurent Robinson to break the 7-7 tie. On the ensuing Bengals possession Dalton would again be intercepted, this time by CB Rashean Mathis who returned the pick for a touchdown and a 21-7 Jaguar lead. After a Bengal punt, the Jaguars would methodically drive down the field as running lanes began to open for HB Maurice Jones-Drew. Eventually, Jones-Drew would find the end zone to give Jacksonville a commanding 28-7 lead.

The fourth quarter saw the Bengals attempt to come back as they increased the pressure and forced two fumbles which they recovered. Though Cincinnati would score a touchdown to make it 28-14 on Bernard Scott's shot TD run, the 21 point deficit was too much to overcome. With the score 28-14, the Bengals attempt at a comeback ended with Jaguar MLB Paul Posluszny intercepting his second pass of the game.

Both teams struggled to move the ball in the early going, leading to a scoreless first quarter. The action picked up midway through the second as Gabbert used the short passing game to move down the field, eventually finding TE Mercedes Lewis for a TD. Cincinnati immediate responded, scoring on a beautiful comeback route by WR AJ Green.

Jacksonville K Josh Scobee missed two fields goal after getting paid on a 5 YR deal.

DU55, Good game. I'm not sure if my mic wasn't working or if there was something else going on. I couldn't hear you at all. You had MJD bottled up in the first half, but with the turnovers in the second half, I was able to wear down your D-Line which gave MJD room to run.

Notable Stats
    Jacksonville Jaguars Cincinnati Bengals[/B]
    QB Blaine Gabbert - 19/27, 222 yards, 2 TD, INT QB Andy Dalton - 13/28, 183 yards, TD, 5 INT
    HB Maurice Jones-Drew - 20 car, 128 yards, TD, long 27 HB Bernard Scott - 9 car, 18 yards, TD, long 5
    WR Laurent Robinson - 5 rec, 59 yards, TD, long 17 WR AJ Green - 4 rec, 62 yards, TD, long 25
    TE Mercedes Lewis - 4 rec, 79 yards, TD, long 34 TE Jermaine Gresham - 5 rec, 86 yards, long 27
    MLB Paul Posluszny - 5 tack (5 solo), 2 INT MLB Ray Maualuga - 6 tack (6 solo), 2 TFL, sack, INT
    CB Rashean Mathis - 4 tack (4 solo), 2 INT, defl, TD OLB Thomas Howard - 6 tack (6 solo), 3 TFL
    3rd Down Conversions - 8 3rd Down conversions - 2

2. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Never suspected the Jags to be 4-0! Good work Boom29.

3. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Trust me, neither did I. This is the first year I've played Madden since 2003.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DU55

DU55 Walk On

GG Boom29

My downfall this game plain and simple was interceptions. Boom played good offense that was real hard to stop, and continually turning the ball over and giving him those extra opportunities was my downfall. This game felt like a chess match and a very fun game.

GL with the rest of the season Boom , I hope to see you again down the road.

Btw don't know what the mic problem was, I could hear you just fine, I suspect the volume on your mic was turned all the way down as I am pretty sure my mic was working right.

5. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I didn't think to check the volume of the mic...lol

But yes, a chess match, I was very cautious throwing the ball because I didn't know what to expect.