Week 4: Colts Air Attack Pins Seahawks In Comeback Win

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by CHUNKNESS, Jun 10, 2013.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Indianapolis, IN - The Colts (2-1) welcomed the defending champion Seahawks (1-2) to Indianapolis in week 4. It was an offensive struggle for both teams in the first half as the Colts would reach the end zone first with only 14 seconds remaining before the intermission. The second half was where things would get crazy as both teams exchanged successful drives. Perhaps the most gutsy call came from the Seahawks coach whose team was down 20-17 with just under four minutes to play. The Seahawks elected to go for it on 4th and goal from the 1 yard line and Robert Turbin punched it in to put the Seahawks up 24-20 following the successful extra point. After exchanging possessions, Andrew Luck and the Colts would get the ball back with just over two minutes left to play and two timeouts remaining. Luck took advantage capping the game off with a successful 4th and goal attempt of his own hitting Stephen Jernigan from four yards out to give the Colts a 27-24 lead with one minute remaining. The Seahawks had one timeout left and were poised to make an attempt at tying the game at the very least. However, for the second time in as many weeks, turnovers would prove to be the secret to the Colts success as linebacker Joshua Boudreaux would come away with the game ending INT.

hoodiii
    Great game as always, Marvis. I got lucky with some amazing plays in this one. Good luck on your season!

Once again, the production isn't anything to write home about, but some highlights for your viewing pleasure...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Wow, what a catch at the 2 minute warning! Nice comeback!

3. CHUNKNESS

Yeah, that guy is so underrated. He's proved me right time and again why I drafted him as early as I did. Marvis thought that was a bunk play being that he came down with the ball in double coverage and I initially agreed with him. However, the more I see the play, the more it appears to me that Egnatuk just went up after it and Luck put the ball where only his receiver could get it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. hoodiii

hoodiii Walk On

I am not talking about the diving catch it was the other one where the ball bounces around in double coverage and dude catches it

5. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Is that the same guy that burned my CBs deep on 3rd and Forever?

• Like Like x 1
  6. CHUNKNESS

That's the catch Jim and I were referring to.

Yup.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LtJustice

Yeah, I still remember when Doug stole that guy from me in the draft ;)

Also, what's a bunk play?

• Like Like x 1
  8. CHUNKNESS

:ninja:

bunk = wack

9. LtJustice

<~~ :geek:

Apparently I missed that one, lol

• Like Like x 1