Week 4 Game Summaries(2011)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bulldog, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Post them here.

2. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Highlights are on the wire!
    #13[​IMG][​IMG]

Another impressive SEC win!
    rmg wk4 yr1 pic.PNG

Above HB #1 Isaiah Crowell dives into the endzone for the first score of the game.

The Bulldogs traveled to Mississippi this week to take on the Ole Miss Rebels and pretty much dominated the entire game. Isaiah Crowell was named player of the game with 159 yrads rushing and 2 TDs and he only ran the ball 12 times. Aaron Murray had a pretty good game throwing for 247 yards and 3 TDs, Murray completed 10 out of 19 passes and he also threw 1 interception. Orson Charles lead the game with receptions. He had 119 yards, 4 catches and 1 TD that went for 53 yards. On defense CB #1 Branden Smith dominated recording 8 total tackles, 1 forced fumble and 1 sack.
    We feel good about this game. It could have been better but we played alright. We held them to only 272 total yards 200 of which were passing.
    In the first quarter we decided to let Crowell do all the work. He had 2 big touchdowns in the 1st quarter. His first one went for 50 yards on a counter play where he outran 2 defensive backs for the score. His 2nd one was a 77 yard run up the gut, UNTOUCHED! He is really looking good for us and we can't wait to see what he will become.
    In the 2nd quarter Ole Miss got on the board with a 38 yard FG. We responded with a 73 yard pass from Aaron Murray to Marlon Brown 3 plays later. Then somehow Ole Miss managed to find a wide open WR in the endzone before halftime to make the score 21-10 UGA at halftime.
    To start the 3rd quarter we had to kick but our defense held strong and we got the ball back resulting in another score. The score was on a beautiful PA pass to a wide open Orson Charles for 53 yards. Ole Miss responded with a score of there own, a nice 52 yard FG to make the score 28-13 to end the 3rd quarter.
    In the 4th there wasn't much action. We managed to put the game away with a 1 yard pass to WR Tavarres King and after that we put in our backups to run the clock down and get the younger players some playing time.
    Overall it was a good, clean and fun game. Next week we play Mississippi State at home and hope to keep the SEC winning streak alive.
    rmg wk4 yr1 sb.PNG rmg wk4 yr1 sb 2.PNG rmg wk4 yr1 ts.PNG

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]
    The One That Got Away!
    [​IMG]

Literally and figurativly Arthur Brown got away from the Hurricanes. His INT in the 2nd qtr that he returned 81 yards for a TD put the game away. The Hurricanes mounted a couple of more drives but put up only 7 more points. Brown a SR LB for KSU was once a Cane but he was benched and in Randy Shannons dog house for most of his career. He played sparingly on special teams and after sitting out a year he took his talents away from South Beach and too the Little Apple. His brother Bryce was another Cane lock and looked to be coming to join Arthur but after hearing about his brothers discontent decided on signing day to go to Knoxville to play for Lane Kiffen but upon him leaving the Vols he headed home to KSU. Well Bryce tore up the Hurricanes D on the day to 245 yards and 3 TD's a big one on the 1st series for 64 yards. The Hurricanes were lead on offense by Jacory Harris 14-21 217 yards 2 td's 2 int's and Mike James 16 att 93 yards. Coach York had this to say after the game. "We missed Lamar today but Mike did a real good job we need to tackle better and stop with the dropped passes they killed us all day in critical situations. We will game plan better as coaches and look forward to TCU next week."

4. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

What Can Brown do for you?????????

Brothers Arther and Bryce Brown lead Kansas State to an impressive win today over Miami. All the Brown Brothers did was combine for 13 carries 201 yards 3 TD, 2 catches for 44 yards, 7 tackles, 1 Int returned for TD, Multiple touchdown saving tackles. Yes that was the Game the Brown bothers played. Bryce opened the game wide open with a Long TD run of 64 yards and his brother would respond at the end of the 2nd with an 81 yard INT for TD.

Miami made a few key mistakes and KSU made them pay. Overall it was a great competitive game and either team could of won but on this day it was the Wildcats. 34-17

BTW im retarded and just exited the game so no highlights :( dumb me

5. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Sonn and I got DC'd twice...he was up 21-10 in the 3rd and had 3rd and 5 at about the 15. It was a really good game and while I still feel I had a chance, neither of us wants to battle again and I'd feel bad if we restarted and I won anyway, so he'll supersim himself the win. Good game sonn...well played. He threw deep on me 3 times and got wide open each time for killer plays. Not sure where my D was but apparently they hit the pregame buffet too hard.

6. sonn

sonn Walk On

Florida State end losing streak with win over Clemson​

After 2 horrible games FSU finally had a good game with an easy victory over the Tigers. After having a pathetic 7 interceptions to 1 touchdown this season EJ Manuel threw for 194 yards and 2 touchdowns before subbing out in the 4th quarter. RB Chris Thompson and backup Ty Jones combined for 135 yards on 29 carries which gave the Seminole's offense an dimension it hadn't seen so far this year. On the defensive side of the ball the Seminole were not spectacular but managed to hold down the excellent Tiger rushing attack and forced QB Tajh Boyd into 2 turnovers, the biggest of which was a 56 yard fumble return touchdown by RE Brandon Jenkins which finally put the game of reach.​

7. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

GG sonn...unfortunately you were correct...it was way too easy a win for you. I think you ruined my chances of making the ACC championship game.

8. jandy

jandy Walk On

Oklahoma falls to Missouri

In a game that most figured would be a victory for the Sooners, Oklahoma came out and were beaten by the Tigers. Oklahoma forced Missouri to punt and got the ball back with a little over 3 minutes remaining, trailing by 3 points. They drove down the field and were able to put in the tying field goal with 00:14 remaining on the game clock. On the next play, Missouri completed a hail mary pass for 60 yards and kicked a field goal to take the win.

Although they almost tripled the Tigers in T.O.P., Oklahoma turnovers and the inability to run the ball doomed the Sooners.

Sorry about the restart, accidentally ended the game before it was officially over. I supersimmed and got almost the same score.

9. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Welcome to the Onterio McCalebb show. #23 started the game off with
    a 94 yard kickoff return for a td his second of the season. McCalebb added
    a 60 and 8 yd td rush. However the Tiger defense played lights out in holding the
    FAU offense to only 129 yards of total offense.

Auburn travels to South Carolina and Arkansas in the next two weeks. Teams
    many would consider are two of the best offenses in the SEC.

[​IMG]

10. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

What?......

11. jandy

jandy Walk On

Didn't play well and couldn't stop anything on defense. I really struggle against teams that go 4-wide a lot