Week 4 Game Summaries, S8

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Kapono, May 29, 2011.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

New Mexico 48
    NM State 7

New Mexico once again dominated, this time against their rival New Mexico St. The Aggies were known to be a program in the dumps and came in a big underdog. The New Mexico offense has improved after the Nebraska game and the defense just stepped up yet again. They racked up 6 sacks, forced 5 turnovers, and get this: scored 3 TD’s. They held NM State to 201 passing yards and just 1 rushing yard all game. QB Scott Johnson performed well completing 11 of 14 passes. New Mexico is now 2-1 and will face 1-2 San Diego St. next week at home.

UNM Stats
    Scott Johnson (QB)- 11-14 for 182 yards, rush TD
    Will Burton (HB)- 12 carries for 119 yards, TD
    Tyler McNair (HB)- 12 carries for 35 yards
    Kevin Gooden (WR)- 6 receptions for 96 yards
    Dane Carr (WR)- 1 reception for 43 yard, 7 yard TD run
    Jeremy Miller (DT)- 6 tackles, 4 TFL, 2.5 sacks, 1 PD, FR, TD
    Jason Russ (OLB)- 2 tackles, INT, 1 PD, 1 FR, TD
    Monte Holmes (CB)- 2 tackles, TFL, INT, 1 PD, TD
    Blake Lambert (MLB)- 6 tackles, INT

2. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Puttin me to shame man lol

3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Haha yeah. The Nebraska win was big, but NM State was terrible. Their best player was like a 67.

4. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

TCU 10
    UT 20

TCU dominated 3 quarters of this game and looked be poised for an upset, but Texas showed why they are ranked #8 in the nation. The Horned Frogs went into the 4th quarter up 10-3, but one key play set in a motion a chain reaction that would lead to the Horned Frogs demise. On 2nd down inside the 5 yard line, JR RB Brent Haynes fumbled the ball and the Longhorns recovered. They would then drive down the field and cap off a long drive with a 5 yard rushing TD by Geoffry Richards. After another redzone turnover by TCU, Texas shocked the Horned Frogs with an 80 yard TD pass to speedy TE Paul Neal to seal the game. The 3 late game turnovers proved to be TCU's nail in the coffin. Utterly disappointed, Coach Wildcat could only say "We have GOT to finish better". TCU will take on conference foe Coach Fuzzy and the Wyoming Cowboys next week.

5. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

#23 COLORADO STATE 23
    #9 AIR FORCE 20

One of the most intense rivalries in the entire MWC conference consist of the annual Colorado State v Air Force matchup. Colorado State's offense struggled early but the red zone defense played well enough to prevent falling behind. After punting a few times and only allowing the Falcons amass a 6-0 lead on 2 field goals, CSU finally got a drive going. Air Force made the Rams settled for a field goal, and the lead was now only Air Force 6-3.

Colorado State SS Patrick Dobzinksi had two picks in the contest that helped Colorado State go on a 14-0 run to amass a 17-6 lead at halftime. Both picks gave the Rams a short field and the offense capitalized both times.

The Falcons would be far from finished, as they'd force a Rams punt to start the second half. RB Justin Barrett broke a tackle that led to a receiving touchdown to lessen the Rams lead from 11 to 4. Air Force would add another touchdown to go up 20-17.

Colorado State's offense would heat up again. They once again made it inside the red zone, but had to settle for a field goal that tied the ball game.

The Falcons attempted to milk the clock and get into scoring range to win the ball game. Once Air Force hit midfield CSU's vaunted defense stepped up and forced a punt. With under a minute left the Rams had a chance to drive down and add some points to take the lead and win the ball game. After two big passes down the middle to two different tight ends, the Rams switched to hurry up running attack. Air Force wasted their timeouts in an attempt to save some time in order to have a chance to answer before the game ended. CSU nailed the field goal down the middle to go up 23-20.

Air Force almost had a miracle comeback win but a WR dropped a pass in the endzone on the last play of the game. Colorado State won for the first time on the road against rival Air Force.

6. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Nice win man!

7. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Thanks, was a pretty intense game. The momentum kept swinging back and forth and my team was lucky to get a stop when it counted.

8. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Wyoming 52 TCU 49

TCU's running back can BLOW ME! This monster had 238 yards and 4 TD's against my lowly rated defense. Cade Juno threw for 500+ yards against their secondary though. The Cowboys were once down 28-14 but stormed back from the upset. Tied at 49 Wyoming drove down the field in great fashion as they did in their USC game to take a field goal to win the game. It was a good game it felt like I was actually playing a human opponent.

9. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

So hostile lol

10. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Lol, I wanted to cry man that running back was making me upset!

11. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

I just wish he would take over when I was actually playing lol....

12. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

The computer is bs lol they break everything and just combine locomotion moves like it's nothing!

13. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Man hopefully with suction blocking and tackling gone running the ball will finally play how it's supposed to!

14. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Lol, hopefully man I can't run the ball for anything because of that