Week 4 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Week 4 Game Summaries

Its about that time

2. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

Week 4 is up? Not around my ps3..

3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

No it wont be up till a little bit later when San Diego State plays.
    I just posted this in advance.

4. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Advancing to Week 4 now
    Good Luck Everyone

5. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

Time for me to take my first loss! Woohoo!!!!

6. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

On Saturday there was what was hyped to be a Sun Belt Conference showdown as rivals Arkansas State and Troy squared off. Troy came into the game with a very highly touted air raid style offense that has put up impressive numbers thus far. Arkansas State came into the game on a 2 game winning streak and a improving defense.

This game was all about the defense of Arkansas State as the Red Wolves completely shut down the air raid offense of the Trojans. The Red Wolves defensive line chased and sacked the qb all day. With the defense on the heels of the Troy qb from the opening quarter, the Troy offense was never able to mount a gameplan. Arkansas State put up impressive numbers on the ground too in what was their first dry game of the year.

Coach Sabo said that he couldnt have asked for a better overall performance by his team. "We played great on both sides of the ball today and this is only the begining of things to come" Coach Sabo said.

The Red Wolves host the Cardinals of Louisville next week in Jonesboro.

The final score Arkansas State 55 Troy 7

Troy Arkansas State
    1st Downs 17 35
    3rd down efficiency 30 45.45
    4th down efficiency 0 100
    Total Yards 335 550
    Passing 118 177
    Completion Attempts 13 - 27 9 - 13
    Yards Per Pass 4.37 13.62
    Rushing
    Rushing Attempts 15 52
    Yards Per Rush 1.07 5.52
    Turnovers 3 1
    Fumbles Lost 1 0
    Interceptions Thrown 2 1
    Possession 09:59 23:11

Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int
    Ryan Aplin 9 6 111 0 0
    Andre Smith 4 3 66 0 1

Rushing ATT Yards TD Long
    Derek Lawson 22 137 1 29
    Frankie Jackson 17 116 1 23
    James Walker 8 20 1 12
    Jermaine Robinson 3 12 2 10
    Andre Smith 1 2 0 2
    Ryan Aplin 1 0 1 0

Receiving Catches Yards TD Long

Dwayne Frampton 3 66 0 25
    Anthony Robinson 2 43 0 23
    Allen Muse 2 36 0 22
    Kedric Murray 1 19 0 19
    Taylor Stockemer 1 13 0 13

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. dubb40

dubb40 Sideline Football, We Rock!

LA Tech vs. USM

Ruston-

For all of the preseason talk of Louisiana Tech's offense, the defense has been the talk of Ruston.

The Bulldogs moved to 4-0 on the early season and this game was won by the defense.

The Bulldogs drew first blood with a 11 yard TD rush by Colby Cameron. The Eagles answered back on a 8 yd pass from Austin Davis to Quintin Pierce to tie the game going into halftime.

The Bulldogs D held and Matt Nelson scored two FG's and that was all LA Tech needed to seal the win.

8. Tiger171

Tiger171 ONE FULL SEASON WITH NO TF's!! VICTORYYYY!!

Week 4: Ohio Bobcats @ Marshall Thundering Herd

Final Score:

Ohio Bobcats 29Marshall Thundering Herd 7 F

The Bobcats traveled to Huntington, West Virginia Saturday to take on the Thundering Herd of Marshall. The Bobcats running attack paced the game and the Bobcats controlled the ball for much of the 1st half. The Bobcats took a 19-0 lead into the locker room to a stunned Joan C. Edwards Stadium. The Bobcat defense shut down the Herd's offense in what some think was their best outing yet to date. The Herd's offense were held off of the score board with Marshall's only score coming on a late scoop and score from their defense on a fumble by Ohio FB Jerry Kelly. The Bobcats will travel to Ypsilanti, MI next Saturday to face the Eagles of Eastern Michigan in a MAC Conference battle.

Offensive Standouts:

Ohio Bobcats:

QB Boo Jackson
    15/29 199yds 2TD 3INT

HB Joey Inks
    21 carries 161yds 1TD

HB Donte Harden
    6 carries 43yds

WR Lavon Brazill
    10rec 125yds 1TD

TE Jordan Thompson
    1rec 8yds 1TD

Marshall Thundering Herd:

QB 10/29 Brian Anderson 130yds 2INT

HB Martin Ward
    19 carries 40yds; 2rec 22yds

WR Lee Smith
    4rec 53yds

Defensive Standouts:

Ohio Bobcats:

ROLB Eric Benjamin
    7Tkls

FS Kenny Jackson
    1Tkls 1INT

Marshall Thundering Herd:

SS Kevin Perry
    8Tkls 1INT 1FF

FS Omar Brown
    6Tkls 1INT​

We caught up with Ohio Head Coach Robbie Garrison after the game and this is what he had to say:

"We're getting better each week on both sides of the ball and I don't expect that to change one bit. I expect this team to continue to work hard week in and week out. We're gonna take a couple of days of to lick our wounds from this one and get right back to work. See you guys later!"

Again, the final score here in Huntington is the Bobcats 29 Marshall 7. See you next Saturday when we come to you live from Rynearson Stadium in Ypsilanti, MI.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Way to rebound after the close loss to tOSU!

10. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

FIU Golden Panthers(49) @ Maryland Terps (27)

The FIU Golden Panthers have improved to 2 and 1 on the season, with an impressive win against a tough ACC opponent. After last weeks game Coach Stewart promised a different FIU team would show up, and that they did. We caught up with Coach Stewart after the game.

"Well the first thing I want to say is our team battled this week and practice and I think we all saw that pay off on the field today. Any time you can come into an ACC opponent's stadium and walk away with a "W" you'll take it. I think there's clearly one stat that jumps out when you go through the box score and that's turnovers. We forced six turnovers, while not having one ourselves, I think that right there was the key to the game. Not only that, but if you look at what we did with those turnovers, we returned 3 of them for touchdowns, plus we added another touchdown on a drive after a turnover. We'll head back to Miami tonight and enjoy this win, and then tomorrow we'll turn our attention to getting ready for the Pitt Panthers, who we know are a tough opponent".

FIU/Maryland
    First Downs 6/22
    Total Offense 279/530
    Rushes (attempts-yards-td) 17-81-2/25-115-1
    Passes (comp-attempts-td) 6-15-2/ 31-39-2
    Passing yards 198/415
    3rd down conversion 42%/70%
    Turnovers 0/6
    Fumbles 0/3
    INT 0/3
    TOP 13:36/21:55

11. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

UNLV 63 @ New Mexico 3

This game started off close but quickly evolved into blow out. After one quarter UNLV was up 7-0 but then proceeded to rattle off 14 second quarter points and 21 in both the 3rd and 4th. UNLV's option attack was fluid (400+ yards on the ground) and explosive (2 50+ yard runs) today and their defense adopted the "bend but don't break" mantra to perfection this week, allowing over 300 yards but just the lone FG. Interesting fact, UNLV had 9 different people carry the football this week, which is something you don't see much.

QB Omar Clayton: 5-11, 104 yards & 1 TD (passing) + 9 carries for 25 yards & 1 TD (rushing)
    HB CJ Cox: 12 carries for 202 yards & 3 TD
    HB Channing Trotter: 9 carries for 86 yards & 1 TD + 1 catch for 56 yards & 1 TD
    WR Tate Knutson: 1 carry for 61 yards & 1 TD

12. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Damn, you took New Mexico out to the woodshed in this one! Nice win!

13. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

San Diego State Aztecs (4-0) 28 vs. Utah State Aggies (1-3) 0

The Aztecs continued to impress in Week 4 as they pitched a shut out against the Aggies of Utah State. The win didn't come easy as the Aggies moved into the Aztec red zone multiple times, but the San Diego State defense came up with 2 big 4th down stops inside the 20 to lead them to victory. The Aztec D forced 3 turnovers and has only given up 14 points to their 4 opponents combined this season. "This was a really good test for our guys" said Coach E "I always enjoy playing Utah State, and meeting their new coach was just icing on the cake. He has a bright future ahead of him."

After Brandon Sullivan went down last week with an injury that will keep him out 5-6 weeks, Sophomore Walter Kazee stepped up in a big way rushing for 131 yards on 18 carries and 2 scores. Ryan Lindley added 154 yards in the air with 2 touchdowns for the Aggie offense.

San Diego State has a week off next week for some much needed rest but will return in 2 weeks and travel to Provo Utah and take on BYU in a MWC conference RIVALRY matchup!

14. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Nevada Defeats BYU 54-14

After blowing a million chances the previous week against Cal, Nevada sent a statement across the country in what has to be their most complete game of the season against a very strong BYU squad. "The difference is night and day. Just simply amazing. We were relying on RB Via Taua too much, and once he was injured, we looked like a deer in headlights," Coach Nguyen said. "We got back to basics and attacked through the air early and often. This is going to be a new team from here on out. We are ready."

Things went south for BYU from the beginning. CB Wooten jumped on a pass from Nelson and took it the other way for a quick 6 points. In the second quarter, Nevada put up another 3 td's, 2 of which were long passes through the air. "I apologize to the fans for my effort against Cal. Coach took me aside and told me that I have to be the leader of the team. I was just aggressive out there today man. I feel good. I have the green light to throw on a more consistent basis," said Kaepernick.

The second half was more of the same, as Kaepernick threw one clutch pass after another while Taua continues his dominance on the ground. The MVP of the game was Kaepernick, who threw four TD's after only having 1 TD in the first 3 games of the season. "This game is done. It's over. I am looking forward to our next game against UNLV. I'm sure both squads are dying to get on the field and knock each other around. I know I am," said an excited Taua. "Nevada is back baby!"

Taua Carries Half of the BYU Defensive Line Into the Endzone
    [YOUTUBE]xptYZEJdbJI[/YOUTUBE]

Hungry? Nelson Gets a Sandwich
    [YOUTUBE]0TXQQwS1KEI[/YOUTUBE]

Wellington Splits Two Defenders for the Score
    [YOUTUBE]MdZpeBDdfrs[/YOUTUBE]

Wooten Goes the Other Way
    [YOUTUBE]-F0ZmojcVSM[/YOUTUBE]