WEEK 4 Game summary (add here)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by trutest, Sep 17, 2009.

1. trutest

trutest Walk On

WEEK 4 Game summary (add here)

Going forward we will use one thread for game summaries each week.

Start it off like this

"Buffalo 14 @ New England 10"

2. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Saints 42 Jets 21

The Saints benefited from 6 Jets turnovers and overcame a lackluster offensive performance to get the win.

The Saints struck first on a short drive following an interception as Reggie Bush took it in from 15 yards out. The Jets struck back with the next two scores as Sanchez found Keller in the corner of the end zone. Then the Jets added a 1 yard Thomas Jones run midway through the 2nd quarter.

With under a minute left in the half and the Jets threatening, Sanchez made a rookie mistake as he was intercepted by Saints' rookie Malcolm Jenkins in the end zone. Jenkins took the pick 103 yards to tie the game at 14 going into the half.

Teams traded scores on short runs in the 3rd quarter as P. Thomas and T. Jones found paydirt.

The 4th quarter belonged to the Saints as they punched in 3 rushing TDs (2 by Thomas and one by Bush) and Sanchez continued to throw to the wrong color jersey.

Brees 14/21 210 0 TD 1 Int
    Sanchez 14/24 224 1 TD 5 Int

Bush 8 rushes 69 yards 2 TD
    Thomas 17 rushes 39 yards 3 TD
    Jones 7 rushes 17 yards 2 TD
    Washington 8 rushes 25 yards

Shockey 5 rec 51 yards
    Moore 3 rec 78 yards
    Keller 6 rec 121 yards 1 TD

Sed Ellis 4 sacks
    Vilma 4 tack 2 Int
    Ellis 5 tack
    Scott 5 tack

3. trutest

trutest Walk On

gg, Jets threw this one away. NY is lucky to have 3 wins the way they've been playing in the passing game. Look for a big trade from the Jets if things don't improve by the deadline.

4. Romoisajedi

Romoisajedi Walk On

Rams @ 49ers 35-31

Well,

tough fought division game in the rain. bitter battle down to the end as the 49ers ran out of time after completing a pass down to the 3 yard line and Arnez Battle didn't have it in him to break a tackle and slither in.

Crabtree broke 100 yard recieving mark for the first time on the season, and Nate Davis lead the 49ers on many solid drives, unfortunately a few ill timed turnovers like a tipped pass and a couple bad fumbles hurt them.

looking forward to next week to get this bad taste out of my mouth...

ick...

5. trutest

trutest Walk On

You played the CPU? We have an owner for the Rams but he hasn't joined the franchise again. I had to boot him for one game because he failed to schedule his game.

6. ScottBGKY

ScottBGKY Guest

Week 4: Giants at Chiefs

Very long year ahead for the Chiefs. Could not stop the run game of the Giants and Bradshaw caught a couple of passes for huge yardage. I don't think I have a single starter with speed above 88 and most below 85. Cassell continued to turn the ball over. Must hit practice field. Also must figure out what the previous owner has done to depth chart. It is seriously fried with formation subs of some sort.

GG man.

Giants win 41-17

7. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Seattle @ 0-4, back to back games where we lost on the last play of Regulation or in OT.

Colts jumped out to a 7-0 lead to begin the 2nd quarter. Addai's outside speed was too much for Seattle early as he scored on the ground, followed by a Viniateri Figgy to go up 10-Love in the 1st. Freeney and company went to work on FA RT John Runyon beating him like a drum, and generating nearly instant pressure on Hasslebeck.

A blown PR coverage to open the 2nd quarter put Colts up 17-0 before Hasslebeck drove to the endzone after Seattles D made a stand and Hasslebeck went to shotgun heavy protection to slow down the run. changing strategy to run right at Freeney and run screens behind him to try and temper the vicious pressure.

Tito really knows how to use Freeney, I gotta say.

Seattle scored just before Halftime, a pass to Arrington on a wheel route down field.

Then for some reason after I got the ball back the Down and distance bar disappeared, I couldnt see how much time was left or anything, ended up running out of clock to end the half. 17-7 Indy.

Second Half was all Seattle, moved the ball at will, kept Freeney mostly quiet except for a pick on a pressure. Indy stalled when they were unable to move the ball on the ground. But Safety Gordiano picked 2 balls in the endzone, one was probably a bad throw. the 2nd was unreal, open man, single coverage, gordiano goes over the top and takes the ball at its highest point away from the WR, I was "Controller throwing mad". Good throw, good read, unlucky result. 'nother Seattle drive short PA to FB Griffith, so glad Madden finally got some real goalline passes. 17-14, Manning finds Reggie Wayne in blanket coverage and does what Manning do. 23-14 (Missed the XP).

Seattle throws Gordiano the miracle int, FU Gordiano.
    Seattle D holds, and we get the ball with 1:45 to go, 2 time outs, Field Goal wins it, I know Tito was sweating because I had him, I was handling the pressure and finding receivers. move the ball to the 15. 3rd and 10, keeping it on the ground, forcing him to use TOs and setting up for the FG, 3rd down, HB Jones, (Already demoted to backup for fumbling and being sucky and slow) getts the call, as soon as I saw him in the huddle I KNEW HE WAS GONNA FUMBLE. he did, Booth chooses not to review, I dont really remember if it was close or not. Final 23-21 Indy.

GG.

8. trutest

trutest Walk On

Very nice summary from the Hawks. Tito has been destroying offensive lineman since 08

9. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Tennessee 55 - Jacksonville 14

Tennessee 55 - Jacksonville 14

Nashville, TN - This game was a one sided affair from the get-go. The Titans were coming off of their loss to the Jets, and were looking to open their Divisional play in a big way against divisional opponent Jacksonville. The Titans put up 17 points in both the 1st and 2nd quarters, 14 in the third, and with the potential to put up an additional 3 touchdowns, but the Titans team decided that kneeling into a turnover was the best route as to not run up the score against The Jags. While they only had 72 yards in the air, their ground game kept control of the game as they culminated in a 375 yard rushing game behind the legs of LenDale White and Returning Chris Johnson.

Johnson had spent the last two weeks on the IR with a Torn Meniscus. He underwent corrective tissue repair and returned in only two weeks. The Titans were afraid he was going to lose a step, but he proved everyone wrong and in a BIG way. He carried the ball a mere 26 times but brought in 356 - You read that right Three Hundred and Fifty Six yards on the ground and five touchdowns. He was DOMINATING the field from the very first explosion which was a 95 yard touchdown after forcing the jags into a turnover on the goalline.

Kerry Collins also threw for two touchdowns, and 66 of the 79 yards they had throwing.

Kyle VandenBosch led the team with two sacks, while both Boss Bailey and Michael Griffin had interceptions and David Thornton and DeMarcus Faggins had forced fumbles.

Kenny McKinley made his debut in the returning game as he nabbed up up a 28yd per return average on kickoffs.

The Jaguars stats had a few noteworthy performances, First David Garrard had 264 yards passing on 13 completions and one touchdown. Jones-Drew was held to a mere 50 yards, while Garrard had 20 yards carrying the ball.

Mike Thomas led the Jaguars receiving crew with 4 catches for 104 yards and their first touchdown.

The score tells most of the story, but the Titans had atleast 4 possessions end in kneel-down turnovers as to keep from running the score up, if not more. This game was out of hand from the beginning and only got worst.

Better Luck next time Jags and I respect you for not quitting, pulling the plug, or getting frustrated to the point of cheese. Good Game Brother.

10. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

Giants 41 @ KC 17

Came into this game 3-0 while KC was win less this season. Main thing i was worried about was LJ. I shut him down from the start which made him rely on his passing game. He tried about a dozen screen through out the game but they didnt work very well. Tuck had all 3 of my sacks in the game. On offense manning was a perfect 10-10 with 3 TDs passes if i remember correctly. Bradshaw has over 100 yards receiving and 30 on the ground. He broke off 1 big run on a screen pass for a TD. Jacobs started out slow because of the 9 men in the box but finished around 90 yards or so