Week 4: Houston(31) vs Oakland(6)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Moogle06, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Moogle06

Moogle06 Walk On

Oct 13, 2009
    Week 4: Houston(31) vs Oakland(6)

Texans Run Through Raiders

The Texans Ben Tate had a busy day today as him and Steve Slaton combined for 232 yards rushing and 3 touchdowns. The Raiders just couldn't stop the Texans rushing attack today as Tate and Slaton were able to find holes for most of the day. Schaub had a pretty relaxing day as he only attempted 6 passes, completing 5 of them.

The Raiders offense had a solid first drive as they drove it down the field to take the lead 3-0 after a 5+ minute drive. Westbrook was having a successful day, but the Raiders fell behind early after a series of mishaps. A fumble after a Jacoby Jones punt return allowed the Texans to amass 21 points in the span of 2 minutes. Jason Campbell had some erratic throws on third downs forcing the Raiders to punt multiple times. The blame can't all go to Campbell though as his wide receivers weren't holding up their end as they dropped some key passes. The game could of been very different if it weren't for a couple miscues.

Ben Tate 20 rushes 146 yards 3 TDs

Houston Texans:
    Matt Schaub 5-6 86 yards
    Owen Daniels 2 rec 48 yards
    Steve Slaton 17 rushes 86 yards

Oakland Raiders:
    Jason Campbell 14-31 119 yards
    Brian Westbrook 9 rushes 37 yards
    Darrius Heyward-Bey 5 Rec 55 yards
  2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    AFC South Represent!
  3. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

Aug 29, 2009
    GG Moogle..I couldnt stop the run when you ran to your right..I had better luck when you tried to run left..lol

Hopefully with Seymour back next week my run D with improve