Week 4 POTW, and a surprise outcome for the winner!

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by rushers24, Dec 6, 2010.

1. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Alright fellas, Week 4 is in the books and there were some great games. There was 205 points scored between the Bills/Eagles and Cowboys/Falcons game. That's a unnecessary amount of points lol, but makes for good stats and interesting Player of the Weeks awards. There was alot of good performances to choose from, so this week was a difficult decision. This really was too close for me to decide, so for the first time this season, we have a tie!

Player/s of the Week

Roscoe Parrish - Roscoe Magic! In week 4 it was the Eagles 49 and Roscoe Parrish 56! Lol not really, but he did account for half of the Bills scoring. He recorded 4 catches for a staggering 216 yards and 3 TD's, including a 81 yard bomb. The Eagles defense played aggressive all day, and got burnt all day by Roscoe. To top it off, Roscoe returned a kickoff 98 yards to win the game with 12 seconds left, making it his 4th TD of the game. Quite the performance indeed. Final Stats: 314 total yards, 4 TD's.

Felix Jones - We have our first repeat POTW winner. This makes Felix's second time winning this award in 4 weeks, and deservingly so. Felix ran like Barry Sanders in the week 4 against the Atlanta Falcons. He averaged a incredible 13.5 yards off 17 carries! He was a one man wrecking crew and like Roscoe for Buffalo, Felix accounted for half of the Cowboys scoring. All of Felix's TD runs were from over 28 yards or more! No cheap ones from 2 yards out. One included a 71 yard run on the Cowboys very first offensive play of the game. Late in 4th Quarter, Felix put the game away with a amazing 37 yard TD run where he used his speed and vision to cut across the field. Final Stats: 231 yards rushing, 4 TD's - 1 rec 6 yards.

Runner up -- Matt Ryan: 505 yards 6 TD's. This guys numbers in week 4 were off the charts and for the record books. Unfortunately though for him he threw 1 pick that turned into 6 points for the other team and he lost the game. As good as his day was, he didn't play perfect. Still, another great day for Ryan. He's already been POTW in week 1. Look out for those Falcons!

Bust of the Week

Lee Evans and Stevie Johnson -- In a week 4 shootout against the Eagles, the top 2 recievers for the Bills got a combined total of 24 yards recieving, no TD's. In fact, Johnson didn't even have a catch. In such a high scoring game, one would think that these two guys would have been a big part of it. Roscoe Magic took the show though. Although their team did win, in the fantasy and stats world, this accounts for a BUST.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Roscoe got hosed. Roscoe magic shoulda won outright.

3. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

Just a reminder to the rest of the league: do not throw to your slot receiver to often. it is simply too easy. keller showed great self control by only having Parrish have 4 catches, despite the extreme effectiveness.

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The game was just all big busted plays. Check the highlight reel, he even caught one off a tip. It was just one of those games. I think I ended up with like 5 first downs.