Week 4: Ravens vs. Browns

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by TheRealHalupka, Sep 28, 2012.

1. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

Jun 7, 2012
    A Win at Long Last

[​IMG]Baltimore 41
    [​IMG]Cleveland 6

Coming off a short work week, the Baltimore Ravens bounced back in a big way against division rival Cleveland. The Raven defense came to play, in particular FS Ed Reed and rookie OLB Courtney Upshaw. Reed had 2 INTs in the game and returned both for touchdowns sealing away the game in the process. As for Upshaw, the rookie led the defense with 3 sacks of fellow rookie, Browns QB Brandon Weeden and QB Colt McCoy, who entered the game late in the second half. The defense also slowed down Browns' rookie RB Trent Richardson holding him under 100 yards.

The Ravens passing game got going this week as well, as QB Joe Flacco threw for over 300 yards and 3 TDs in the victory. WR Anquan Boldin played very well in and looks to be in sync with his QB. RB Ray Rice did not have his best game, but pounded his way to a near 100 yard day. The Browns defense did pick off Joe Flacco 2 times and played solid run defense, not allowing RB Ray Rice any breathing room inside or outside.
  2. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Jun 5, 2012
    I couldn't find any running room against the Ravens. Once again, miscues cost me. I had a wide open TD early, and Weeden over threw the receiver. It seemed like I'd have one nice competion and then a flurry of over throws, drops, and a pick. Rinse and repeat:( Defense played better than the score indicates, I just couldn't make plays. On a cover 4, I undercut Boldin with the corner covering the sideline. I thought I timed it perfectly, but my CB did nothing and Boldin caught it anyway. I did answer a question I had all season. McCoy played the second half and proved he is definitely not the answer. At this rate, I need to figure which QB I'm taking with the 1st pick in the draft.