Week 4 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shino45, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Week 4 Scores

Post week 4 game scores/summaries here.

2. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Upset Bid Falls Short 28-20

Wisconsin is tough! Two more turnovers cost me 14 points. Crazy last drive falls 6 yards short with my third string QB at the helm. I did have two issues during the game that really helped contribute to the loss. On one possession in the fourth quarter, I got the ball inside the 5 with a third down rushing attempt and faced a 4th and inches, so I call the hurry up offense trying to get Wisconsin's lineman out of position so I can run the ball to pick up the first. When I got to the line, I look and see one of the Wisconsin players standing in between my center and guard almost like he is stuck and can't get back into position. I snap the ball thinking I will get an offsides call, but instead, I get a turnover on downs. From where he was stuck in my line, as soon as I snapped the ball, the defender fell on top of my QB before he could ever make the handoff. Very strange play, that I just figure was a glitch in the system or something that I couldn't control.

Another problem that I had was on my last drive, two or three plays before the end, I'm trying to call the hurry up offense and am pressing the button like crazy knowing that I don't have any timeouts. For some reason I was sent into the huddle to pick a play and when my team lined up, a couple seconds ran off the clock before I could snap the ball. At first I thought it was maybe due to an injury on my team, but at this point I was already down to my 3rd string QB and all of the rest of my regular players were in. I might have been able to squeeze in one more play at the end of the game if I hadn't lost these few precious seconds after being forced back into the huddle when I was trying to call the hurry up offense. Has this kind of thing happened to anyone else?

3. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Ole Miss 28
    Florida 0

Florida was without their star QB Brantley and it showed, they could not move the ball through the air at all. Demps was mildly effective, but without any threat of a passing game Ole Miss was able to pin their ears back and bull rush the O-line all day.

5. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_us...291741&dynid=62411&sku=662A0001&sid=0&wknum=3

Tigers 34 S. Carolina 17

After a emotional OT win vs. #3 Virginia Tech, Auburn experienced what a lot of college kids go through a hangover. The story of the day was the struggles of Cam Newton and the offense. The first series ended in a pick inside the thirty and an eventual S. Carolina score after a roll right, throw right by Garcia.

Auburn found themselves looking for answers after being stunned like that in the first 2 minutes. The next series would leave them more confused, and a pit in the stomachs of the war eagle faithful. Newton was overthrowing nearly every pass, and becoming frustrated with his recievers for getting bumped off their routes. Auburn got it going for a bit and Bynum connected on a fg giving the tigers some confidence, On the other side the ole ball coach went to work with Freshman sensaiton Lattimore who gashed the tigers throughout the game. S. Carolina eventually scored on their second drive, and the tigers found themsleves down 14-3, yet again.

As Cam Newton had struggles thourgh the air, the S. carolina defense had a spy on him the whole game, Newton killed a drive heading towards the endzone on a QB blast call after gaining 20 yards he was stripped and s. carolina was back in business. Auburn added another field goal, but towards the end of the half after a spectacular catch by Jeffry the gamecocks added one as well making it 17-6 @ the break.

The 2nd half was a whole different story, not much drama because Auburns defense stiffeled the run, and sacked Garcia over and over again. Auburn who's drives sputtered eventually got into the endzone on a broken play where Newton took it up the middle and in for the score.

Auburn still found themselves down by three going into the fourth. Auburns offense had consecutive three and outs, and they needed to get into atleast field goal range. Coach kingspring changed the offense a bit, Mkaing Dyer the primary and only carrier, and putting Newton under center. It paid off when Dyer hit a toss for 25 yards. Dyer eventually bouned into the endzone after showing his speed on a stretch play beating a Gamecocks defenders the the edge.

The ensuing KO and gave auburn its first break of the game and blew the screen door off the place. A fumble that popped into the hands of a tiger, and was eventually drug down inside the twenty Jordan Hare erupted and they pounded it down the field. After Newton was sacked the tigers faced 3rd and goal, and Newton came through again with a spectucalr escape after this progessions broke down, and a score to the pilon.

The defense stood firm and the offense again struggled after Mccalleb and Fannin could not move the ball. After a spectacular punt inside the 5 yrd line. Marcus Lattimore took a draw for twenty yards and south carolina was trying to mount a come back. After a spectular two plays by Thorpe aubung got the ball back and put the nail in the coffin when Newton threw a strike to slot Quaderius Carr for 45 yards. Aubunr explosion of offense in the 4th gave the Tigers a 34-17 victory, they remian undefeated, and will rise in the polls again.

The Tigers take a week off from SEC play next week when they travel to Wyoming next week to take on Austyn Carta Samuels and the cowboys. Aubrun should be heavy favorites but Wyoming made a bowl last yr and the tigers may be experiencing some g]jet lag, and feel out of place.

Gameballs:

Offense: Dyer, 81 yrds on 18 carries and a score
    Defense: MIke Blanc with 2 sacks

Notes:
    Newton threw for over 200 again, but struggled completing 50% of his passes
    Auburn o line was rather weak, Newton was hurried almost every play.
    Mario Fanin has had some issues fitting into the system as of late.
    Lattimore is a stud although he only had 7 carries for 32 yards he showed glimpse of greatness, also good hands out of the back field.

6. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Georgia 28- Mississippi St 7

Dynasty Wire Story

7. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

The weirdest thing I had happen was the CPU miss a field goal off the uprights, my player caught the ball in the endzone, and the play ended. For some crazy reason my defense was on the field and the CPU team was on the field at the 20 as if they had just had a touchback. Luckily for me I corrected the games mistake because on the next play I intercepted the ball and ran it in 20 yards for the score. It was just a very bizarre sequence.

I've also been in a situation where I wanted to call no huddle but couldn't.

8. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Great great write-up!!!

9. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Virginia Tech 36 BC 7.. We had I think 5 fumbles. Ill work on recap in the morning.

10. hoosierjoe

hoosierjoe Walk On

Hokies Win 36-7 over BC

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system#module=moduleStoryView&story=22508988411281325265534&dynid=62411&sku=662A0001&sid=0&wknum=3

11. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Embarassed

The Boston College Eagles nightmare of a season continues. This time in a wet sloppy game against conference rival Virginia Tech.

In a game that Boston College was hoping to show they had turned the corner from their miserable start, the Eagles were embarassed. Yes the conditions were wet and sloppy, yes they hosted a top 10 team, but none of that is enough to defend the poor play of the now 1-3 Boston College squad.

The game started well enough with a 3 and out for Virginia Tech after they received the opening kickoff. That was the highlight of the game. On their ensuing drive the Eagles marched down the field only to have HB Montel Harris fumble the ball inside the 20. Virginia Tech answered with a bomb to a wide open Dyrell Roberts.

The Hokies did not look back. Although the game was close at the half 13-7, Boston College could not score another point against a very good Hokies defense. Although total yardage was close: 387-438, turnovers would seal the fate of the Eagles.

4 fumbles and 1 interception later, there will be a lot of soul searching. The goal now is 7 wins. That's all we need to ensure a bowl game. We will take things one game at a time. Since the switch at QB, we are able to move the ball better. Now we just need to hold onto it. With an obvious lack of talent at the skill positions, the Eagles need to play flawless football to compete with the big boys.

Next week, we host Notre Dame. Should be a roller coaster of a game.

12. charter04

charter04 Walk On

No contest.

The Arkansas Razorbacks are quietly becoming a contender this year. The latest victim, The Alabama Crimson Tide. Arkansas dominated the tide this past weekend, winning 48 to 14. The defending National champs got dismantled by the Hogs. The running of Mark Ingram was the only bright spot for Alabama the entire game.

The game was pretty much over by halftime and we got to see many of the second and third team of the Razorbacks.

Ryan Mallett was the player of the game for Arkansas with 223 yards and 3 TD's

Next up for the Razorbacks is Arkansas State.