Week 4 - Season 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jul 29, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 4 - Season 1

I advanced to week 4 early because everyone had been done for well over 24 hours besides MG, and he failed to respond to any of my messages. I'm looking to advance again Friday, but maybe Saturday.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    USER TEAM OPPONENT RESULT SCORE
    MurkYa21 Central Michigan Akron W 38-30
    MYCANE Houston Texas Tech W 45-38
    Newb Slice Buffalo @ Temple W 38-19
    castortroy4206 ECU UCF L 45-21
    NatiSaint UCF @ ECU W 45-21
    Kid Robotz Southern Miss @ #22 Kansas W 30-10
    RageRoolz Bowling Green @ #7 Boise State L 31-28
    MM Jman Tulsa FCS Midwest W 52-6
    Riptides Ball State @ Auburn W 31-28
    The Parrothead Northern Illinois Idaho W 59-27
    morsdraconis Akron Central Michigan L 38-30
    Maxattax34 Rice Vanderbilt L 50-43 2OT

MAC Players Of The Week:
    Defense - CB Rashaan Melvin (Fr) from Northern Illinois - 8 tackles (3 TFL), 3 sacks, INT
    Offense - HB Justin Anderson (Sr) from Northern Illinois - 36 carries for 259 yards, 4 TDs

C-USA Players Of The Week:
    Defense - MLB Chase Kennemer (Sr) from SMU - 9 tackles, INT, FR
    Offense - HB Bryce Beall (So) from Houston - 26 carries for 189 yards, 2 TDs - 4 receptions for 64 yards, TD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Mors and I had a pretty entertaining game. Luckily, I was able to hold him off on his last drive. LeFevour got injured two different times during the game, I could be in some trouble.game summary
    • -
    • Troy, riding high off the big upset over NC last week has to take on NatiSaint who will for sure be trying to redeem himself after last weeks loss to Buffalo
    • -
    • Mcyork and 1ke win, but RageRoolz falls to 1-3 after a dissapointing, near upset loss to ranked Boise State. Tough luck!
    • -
    • Mors and I were finally able to play our game! It took 9 attempts HA!! Sounds like NatiSaint and Troy are having the same problem.
    • -
    • Still can't save videos, that is extremely annoying.

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

There looks like a few teams that should be on upset alert this week. Southern Miss v. Kansas smells like an upset, so does Houston v. Tech maybe...

3. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

So does Northern Illinois vs. Idaho...errr...

We'll probably still lose that one. I can't get my D to get that crucial stop when I need them to. I have a feeling a few folks on that side of the ball have some cash tied down in Vegas...

4. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Friggin Vandy. They lay down the whole game then decide they want to play and comeback to tie with 8 seconds left. We go to double overtime and an amazing Rice TD gets called back. Then I sealed the deal with another INT. My starting QB and RB were injured in the 1st quarter and out for the game. Damn damn damn. Rice is on a downward spiral... We need to bounce back in a big way against Tulsa next week. Ill write up a report for this one soon. At least it was exciting haha.

5. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

FYI, I've been trying to get my recruiting in, but my power keeps getting zapped. I had made all my calls to guys who were visiting before my game, so I just have 6 hours to tie down. I'm going to finish it tomorrow. Just didn't want you thinking my stuff was ready to go and that I was leaving hours out there.

6. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

HAs anyone gotten vids and pics to save yet?

7. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I tried to save a couple from my game against Idaho and got the same error I've gotten the whole time.

8. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Don't worry, methinks you'll beat Tulsa's arse seeing as we have QB issues since the freshman that should've just been redshirted wasn't!!!!!:confused:

9. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I think we should be good to advance?

10. Jman

Nah, Castor and Nati haven't played yet, at least thats what it said when I was on a minute ago.

11. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

i thought they played tonight?

12. Jman

I thought so too but no score is shown between them and they're set not ready still.

Hell I dunno.

13. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Jman...you an Ex-MMer?

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Great game against mors...just barely pulled it out..

The two big returns in the 1st quarter and the INT-TD won me that game hands down.

15. BDSDIGITAL

I posted in the game summary and sent Murk a message regarding our game. We tried to play it twice and both got disconnected from the servers twice. The last time with like 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. The lag was retarded bad. We couldn't run, kick, run routes, etc. Either way, we tried to play it out and couldn't. By the time it disconnected the 2nd time is was too late for me to start a 3rd game. I can't play today, Nati more than likely can't play Saturday (he's supposed to get back to me on that), so we're shooting for Sunday. Can everyone wait till then? Nati and I both don't feel like we deserve to take a sim. We tried twice to play and couldn't get it to finish.

16. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I got no problem with waiting till sunday. My wife wants to see me tonight!!!!!!!

17. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I replied to your message on live.

You aren't going to take a sim. Don't worry about that.

The only solution, if this problem persists, would be to play the game in an unranked game IF you can even do that. Winner gets to play the OD game.

I'm thinking you guys will be able to get it in though. This shit really, really is annoying. Go screw yourself EA!!

18. BDSDIGITAL

I really believe it was a server issue. My connection is about as solid as it gets. Nati said he never gets lag either so I believe him. I have my box hooked right into the modem and have high speed and very rarely have problems playing online and never have internet issues...ever. I would assume it would work next time we tried. It's a matter of us both being online with 1 1/2 hr to kill. Hopefully tomorrow morning but more than likely sunday.

19. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

That's fine, just try your hardest.

I will move the deadline to Monday when I get back from work (2 pm central)

20. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

It was a great game man. Fuckin' lag gave you that first return...

Sorry if I was curt last night or anything man. I was SO pissed that I ran out of time... I tried to call a spike ball, but it lagged or something and wouldn't let me...

Oh well. I didn't deserve to win that game anyway. All the balls bounced your way and two dumb ass INTs pretty much sealed the win...

21. Jman

Yessir, indeed I am. Was mostly just in the dynasty thread though lol.

22. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Yeah, I remember your stuff on MM. Was always a great read. Again, glad to have you aboard man.

23. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Just dont understand the video thing.

In the Trifecta, I can save videos fine. I dont get it?

24. BDSDIGITAL

Ok guys it's looking like Sunday night for the ECU v. UCF game. Nati's xbox just poo poo'd him. Will that be ok with everyone? At this point I'm just looking forward to getting the game in so we can advance. Sorry about all this. We tried to get it in Thursday.

25. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Shit happens man. I don't mind stuff slowing down a bit.