Week 4 | Season 2 Results

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Bulldog, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

41[​IMG]@[​IMG]51
    USC goes down in Michigan
    [​IMG]
    jokes_priceless.jpg
    usc at mich scoreboard.PNG
    usc at mich scoring.PNG
    usc at mich team stats.PNG

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Bulldog Great Summary, That pic alone is great lol

3. Bulldog

hah thanks man

4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Special Teams and Defense Lead UNC over Maryland
    UNC 47 Maryland 10
    [​IMG]
    DE Tim Jackson had a breakout game with 5 sacks
    The offense really didn't have to do all that much in this one. Sacks, interceptions, and great special team play gave me incredible field position every time I took the field. It got way out of hand, and early. I put up 37 points in the first half, almost accidentally, as I just kept getting the ball in enemy territory. Tim Jackson blew up out of nowhere, as he's never put up big numbers for me. I usered one of his sacks, while the other 4 just came from great coverage and dumb cpu AI.
    TJ Thorpe had a stand out performance as well, collecting 11 receptions for 136 yards and 3 touchdowns. He added a punt return for a score, and several other big returns. Renner went 16-22 for 244 yards 4 TDs and 0 INT before making way for transfer sensation Bernard Berg to take over in the second half.
    WATCH VID HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 1st HALF IN HD

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Bulldog

6. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Thanks man, more luck than anything haha

7. Bulldog

Ya i had one just like that. Went up the middle and then cut left and the field was wide open.

8. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Cal Outperforms Oregon State
    In last year's bout Cal cheesed their way to a victory but this year they legitimately beat Oregon State. Their powerful offense was too much for the young Beavers and their defense made enough stops to pull the close victory. The first half was an explosion of points as both teams combined for 49 points, with most of them coming in the second quarter. Cal and OSU had great first drives with both teams scoring a TD. RB Brendan Bigelow would punch it for the Golden Bears and WR Obum Gwachum would catch an impressive 42 yard TD pass from Sean Mannion.​
    The second quarter would start off horrendously for the Beaver's offense and defense as the Golden Bears would rattle off 21 straight points. Cal lived on converting on 3rd down and would wind up converting 12 of 13 attempts by the end of the game. The Beavers could not get off the field and just got worn out. WR Darius Powe and Keenan Allen absolutely demolished the secondary and scored on a 14 and 49 yard pass by Allen Bridgford. The play of the game would come around the 3:35 mark as Brendan Bigelow showed off his speed and agility.​
    With allowing 21 straight points OSU had to come away with some sort of points before halftime or they were going to be in some real trouble. Mannion and Agnew were able to push the pace down field and get the yards they needed to get into the endzone. The score would come from a 10 yard pass from Mannion to Mullaney. Instead of running out the clock and being up by two possessions Cal decided to get greedy. The would pay for it via interception.​
    This timely pick put OSU on their own 35 with less than 30 seconds left to play in the half. Mannion provided the surge they needed to cut down the lead by seven with a great throw to Mullaney, his 2nd TD of the game. At halftime the score would be 28-21, Cal.​
    The second half would show one team dominating the third quarter and the other dominating the fourth. OSU would start if off a time consuming drive and score off a 7 yard pass to their big TE Caleb Smith. The defense would make a stop a few minutes later and score on the first play of the drive.​
    This TD would give OSU their first lead of the game but it would be short lived as Cal just ripped the heart out of the OSU defense. RB Brendan Bigelow scored his 3rd and 4th rushing TD in the fourth quarter to seal the victory. He was making some phenomenal cutbacks and his OL was holding the DL at bay perfectly. The Beavers would try to comeback but failed to stop Cal's offense in the waning seconds. The key to this game was converting on 3rd down. Cal did an excellent job converting time and time again.​
    FINAL SCORE
    [​IMG] 38
    [​IMG] 42
    PLAYER OF THE GAME: RB Brendan Bigelow- 23 Att, 160 yards, 4 TDs