Week 4 - Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Sep 8, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 4 - Season 2

I'd like to advance past this week by Friday..

We don't have practice Friday, so I'll be leaving for my high school game around 12 central..
    think we can get all of this done by then?

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    USER TEAM RECORD OPPONENT RESULT SCORE
    MurkYa21 Central Michigan 2-1 BYE - -
    Riptides Ball State 0-2 @ Temple L 35-20
    The Parrothead Northern Illinois 2-0 Akron W 24-21
    morsdraconis Akron 1-1 @ Northern Illinois L 24-21
    Newb Slice Buffalo 1-1 BYE - -
    Colonel Thrillz Kent State 0-2 Ohio L 40-38
    Maxattax34 Rice 1-1 Baylor W 46-10
    castortroy4206 ECU 0-2 @ #17 Virginia Tech L 54-17
    NatiSaint UCF 1-0 @ Marshall W 64-0
    Kid Robotz Southern Miss 2-0 Syracuse W 49-32
    MM Jman Tulsa 2-0 @ Memphis W 58-24
    MYCANE Houston 1-1 @ Texas Tech W 27-24

2. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

If you can wait until Friday night, that would be great, as my schedule is tough to work around now with the new job (pretty much going to bed around 10 or 11pm cause I gotta be up at 5:30 in the morning). Yes, I know I'm a bitch for needing 6 1/2 - 7 1/2 hours of sleep, but this fuckin' training class is going to be the death of me otherwise...

3. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I'll get mine in tonight but then will be out of commission to do anything until Saturday due to a 9th grade game tomorrow and HS on Friday.

4. Jman

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!

I got put in FOR A LOSS against OK State??????

I won that damn game!!!! It showed up as a win when I logged off!!!!

I'm so PISSED I can't see straight right now, if this is going to go this way....

WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

5. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Hopefully we can do Friday night, then, as it looks like week 5 wouldn't be able to get started until Saturday.

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

??? How is it a loss if you won?

7. Jman

I dont know!

Murk can vouch for the damn win and I commented on it in the week 3 thread. I don't want to be a complete ass about this but I don't want a friggin' loss that DID NOT HAPPEN!

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

someone talk to others about this while im away...im going to class right now..

yes, we will wait then for advance...plus I have to figure out what to do abou this

9. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I would love to advance but if Murk saved the dynasty I can wait for Jman to play his game again. I would hope he would do it for me if our places were reversed. Last year I played a game and after it played I did all the stats and the write up in the screen and instead of getting back to the dynasty headquarters I turned my xbox off. I was lucky we didn't advance and I played it again.

10. Jman

I appreciate it. If it was come podunk no biggie loss then I'd take one for the team...but a win against #11, sorry but I'm not taking that one for everyone.

I didnt do anything any different than I ever did and this shit happens.

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Well shit. Now im going to have to replay my game against Baylor. I played so well too. 45-7 win.

Someone might be saving the dynasty file. Saving the dynasty file every time you log in is what messes it up. Each user has their own file too. sometimes you have to exit all the way from the dynasty HQ then go back to dynasty HQ to update the user file. So... to whoever is saving the dynasty file at all... STOP DOING IT!!! Just download it every time you log in. Now everyone is going to have to replay games.

Murk do you have an offline save from last week? We are probably going to have to restart the dynasty because I think it will continue to mess up now. Someone most likely has a corrupt file. Everyone is going to have to go onto their Hard Drive and delete all OD files, then we'll have to retire / re-send the invites.

So stop saving the effing file!!! lol. I made a post about this before the off season too because I had a bad feeling this would happen.

It shouldnt take too long though, especially if the saved file already has a lot of games finished.

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

No one is going to take a loss they don't disserve..

What I am going to do is play out the week offline and sim all the games so everyone gets their wins/losses with minimal injuries if any at all.

Then, I will save that, delete this current dynasty, and bring the new one online..

We are going to try having someone else be the commish of the dynasty. On first thought, mcyork comes to mind for this, and Im pretty sure me and him talked about this early on if there would be any issues. blygilmore suggested that this would help with all the issues, we'll find out.

I will still be in charge of all the extra stuff and when we advance etc., but mcyork will advance the week for us....IF he is willing to do that.

If not, or if he doesn't have the time, is there anyone else up for that?

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

1. I do have last week saved, so I will play sim everyone's games and give them the win/loss like I did last season at one point.

2. I will save that, then let the new commish save it from me.

3. This current dynasty will be deleted, the new commish sends invites to new dynasty hosted from this existing dynasty

4. We all live in peace and happiness :)

14. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I dont think id be good for that as my time on the weekends/evenings is very limited. I have no problem with mcyork being the commish if he wants to though.

He just better not boot me from the dyn when Rice beats Houston this year!!

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

ha...its a possibility max

16. Jman

And 5....we all delete any OD filed from our HDD's so Max doesn't hunt us down:p

17. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

HAHAHA. Im not that pissed... yet.

and Jman you dont have anything to worry about. I wouldnt be caught dead in Oklahoma ;)

18. Jman

I can't say that I blame you.

19. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]
    Hey Max no where to go but up buddy!!!

Yeah Murk I will take over the dynasty advances. Do you guys want to go to a hard advance?

20. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

just post here when new invites are sent out

21. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

If you play my games make sure McGuffie gets his touches. He went for 200 and 180 the last two games(on 18 and 20 carries)

22. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Oh - Why dont you just turn injuries off while you sim it so that nobody gets hurt. I'd be pissed of star players got hurt because of this.

Just a thought :)

23. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

ok so we're not playing our week 4 games then right? We're going to get new invites? For the record I don't have a file saved.

24. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

THANKS NatiSaint!! I never thought of that...holy shit that saves a lot of time.

NO ONE PLAY YOUR GAMES THIS WEEK....I will let everyone know where we are at tomorrow.

I still have a lot of shit I need to get done tonight, hopefully I will be able to work on all this at some point tonight, if not tomorrow. So, give me some time and blame EA.

york..can you host the dynasty?

25. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

well...Ill be waiting for the invite then, I hope it all works out.