Week 4 - Season 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcyork, Oct 24, 2009.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Week 4 - Season 3

Hard Advance for Monday @ 8:00 pm Central.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    USER TEAM RECORD OPPONENT RESULT SCORE
    MurkYa21 Central Michigan 2-0 #2 Notre Dame W 35-33
    Riptides #25 Ball State 1-0 Miami U W 49-10
    The Parrothead Northern Illinois 3-0 @ BGSU W 24-13
    Colonel Thrillz Kent State 1-1 @ Ohio L 30-22
    dub #18 Buffalo 2-0 Temple W 52-33
    b milley Bowling Green 2-1 NIU L 24-13
    Maxattax34 #24 Rice 2-1 #20 USM L 47-19
    castortroy4206 ECU 1-1 #19 Georgia Tech L 31-28
    NatiSaint UCF 2-0 Marshall W 38-10
    Kid Robotz #20 Southern Miss 2-1 @ Rice W 47-19
    MM Jman #17 Tulsa 2-0 UAB W 39-37
    MYCANE Houston 1-0 @ UTEP W 35-28

User vs User Games
    Parrothead vs Bmilley
    Ike vs Max GO IKE sorry max gotta look at the division
    Hey Murk tough game against #2 in the nation shock the world!!!!

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

thanks for setting up the week york

yeah, we'll see about that. I just scheduled them because that's where the QB I was trying to get went to. F'n BS he'd start for me, but he'll be 3rd or 4th string there. They are A+ everything.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I won't have time to play today probably, but should have time in the morning or tomorrow late afternoon. Please don't advance without me.

4. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Wow, I thought my team had improved from last year but Ohio beat me down again. D got no turnovers and their RBs had 10 broken tackles. So much for my bowl game aspirations.

5. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Tulsa wins 39-37 over fucking UAB.

Had to navigate a 1:06 second drive to get in FG range and pull it out afte UAB scores off of their THIRD pass deflection OFF of my guys FACES through their HANDS for TOUCHDOWNS, seriously, what the fuck gives with that kind of shit?

6. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Max ill be good after the UT game as well if youre still available

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

ok I don't want to gripe too much but I am not in love with these sliders. I too had db's drop passes that hit them square in the hands. I also had my RB ran down from behind by a DE. My RB has 92 Speed. When they get into the open field it seems that they are running in mud and the Defensive player just sucks them in so to speak. I still had 159 yards but it was so hit or miss I broke a lot of tackles to get 2 yards on most of my running plays. My DEs had 3 sacks on a lot of 3 man rushes that I was controlling the MLB in zone coverage. I have only played one game but was not really impressed I just thought I would post my findings.

8. Jman

QFT! I could not agree more on everything word for word.

9. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I felt it worked both ways too My DE's and DT tracked down the UTEP rb's all game. They are not nearly as fast as the RB

10. Jman

Oh yeah, my 3rd string DT made a play 10 yards down-field across field on a sweep lol. It was definitely a WTF moment followed by, eh, I'll take it since the CPU's passes are bouncing off my DB's hands and faces for TD's lol.

I'm not trying to be a pouter, this just had me really frustrated.:HoosierHoo:

11. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I was just so surprised how slow my guys were. My oline was swiss cheese all night long. they run a 3-3-5 and his front 3 was causing havoc in the backfield I had to run over someone just to get 2 yards.

12. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

anybody watching the USC game?

13. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

i am....trouble brewing

14. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

If I here Quizz one more time out of this announcer I am gonna puke. Also if he could take Barkleys Di@k out of his mouth he might have something good to say. God I can't stand him. Not Barkley the announcer. Yeah I think the refs missed that Mays facemask and that was a shame cause he pulled it right off.

15. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Good game though....OSU did everything they could. Just didt have the HFA again this year.

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We'll definately have to make adjustments to the sliders then..

I'm about to play my game, so I'll have more to say afterwards

17. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

At the half, Central Michigan leads Notre Dame 21-20.

The running game is noticeably slower, but I find I can run the ball more. I haven't been caught from behind yet except on some really big plays that the guy took an angle on me. I've fumbled 3 times in the first half all on their side of the field, and once when I was about to score. My beast LB coming back from injury made THE biggest hit I have ever seen on this game on the kickoff, and forced a fumble (only to be fumbled back the next play.) and I DID have an interception.

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Final: 35-33 CMU!!

I see what you guys are griping about, but in all honesty I don't think they are terrible. They could use some tweaks for sure. What do you guys want to do with them? Turn up interceptions, tackle, and turn down break tackle a little??

19. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I think you are on to something I think RB ability needs to be tweaked also. for both cpu and user.

20. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

yeah..

rb ability +
    break tackle -
    tackle +
    interception +

21. Jman

Sounds good to me!

22. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yeah, the sliders need fixed. They worked ok for me, but because I could throw into traffic if no one was open or I was hurried with almost no risk of a pick and my starting RB is a power back so speed isn't really much of a factor. If I ran an option, or relied on speed from my RB's I would hate these sliders.

23. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

I dont like these sliders. I had the hardest time getting out of the backfield period... it was nuts, also my linebackers, dbs, everyone was dropping picks like crazy..

24. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

looks like we will have to wait till Monday night to advance. Parrot and B are not gonna get the game in till tomorrow.

25. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Sorry about that. One night I got back too late for b milley to stay up and play (not putting blame on him, as it was midnight EST and I had mentioned I should be back earlier). Sunday night he couldn't play when I could. We've got it scheduled for around 10 pm EST tonight, so hopefully the league can hold off advancing until after that...