Week 4 Season 4

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Jan 30, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    Advance Max: Tuesday @10PM EST
    =============== #9 UCLA Bruins (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Bruins were idle.
    This week, the Bruins will host Nebraska (1-1).

=============== #17 Cal Golden Bears (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Golden Bears were idle.
    This week, the Golden Bears travel to Columbus to face the #21 Ohio State Buckeyes (1-1).

=============== #14 Oregon State Beavers (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Beavers were idle.
    This week, the Beavers travel to Los Angeles to face the #15 USC Trojans (1-0).

=============== #23 Utah Utes (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Utes were idle.
    This week, the Utes travel to Tempe to face the Arizona State Sun Devils (0-2).

=============== Arizona Wildcats (1-1) ===============
    Last week the Wildcats were idle.
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Pittsburgh to face the Pittsburgh Panthers (1-1).

=============== Washington State Cougars (1-1) ===============
    Last week the Cougars were idle.
    This week, the Cougars travel to Moscow to face the Idaho Vandals (1-1).

=============== #19 Colorado Buffaloes (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Colorado won 30-13 against Oregon (1-1).
    This week, the Buffaloes are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Colorado targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Trent Miller has committed to Colorado

=============== #5 Washington Huskies (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Huskies were idle.
    This week, the Huskies will host Stanford (1-2).

2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Tough ASU slips up in 60-24 loss to Utah

In easily the hardest game of the young Utah season to date, Arizona State came to play today. Unfortunatly for them, they got off on the wrong foot as Lucky Radley took the opening kick back 100 yards for the early Utah lead. After marching down and getting 3rd and GL from the 1, Utah made a big stand and forced a FG for the Sun Devils. Still with no offense, Utah punted down to the 2 and it didnt take long for a big sack in the endzone to give them 2 points. Using the short field of the safety punt, Utah finally got a drive together and reached the endzone to go up 16-3
    Into the 2nd quarter, Cox threw into coverage and made an interception but TE/C Westlee Tonga forced a fumble where TE Blake Setzer scooped it up and rumbled 50 yards for a score. ASU used the triple option and the FB took it right up the middle for a 21 yard score untouched. to make it 23-10 with only the 1 true offensive TD for Utah. After finally making moved, Cox hit Oliver on a quick out and he got a block and was gone for a 30 yard score. After a turnover, Utah stalled and punted it inside the 5 yet again and on a 3rd down carry with 6 seconds left in the half, the HB was stuffed at the goal line for a second safety. And after a 5 second punt return, Utah took one shot deep and connected! a 66 yard score to go up 39-10 at half
    Things slowed down greatly in the 2nd half. All day ASU was dominating my rushing game and as a team designed for the spread pass O, i could not get going. Luckily I did manage to get into borderline FG range and on 3rd down i found a wide open Johnson and he ran by the safety for his 2nd TD of the game
    4th quarter ASU managed to dip into the scoreboard. backup QB Eubanks scrambled on a 5 yard score. while eating the clock, Newton finally broke a tackle and spun into the open field for a 48 yard score. Late in the quarter i called a punt block and wasnt paying attention, not expecting to return it and then I fielded it and was hit immediately but somehow Radley broke a tackle and found wide open field! scampered 60 yards for a 2nd return score on the game. after forcing punt I put the backups in and that failed. my ballcarrier was striped and ASU returned the fumble for a TD and the game ended 60-24

Another strong effort for all sides of the ball. Cox went for 277 and 3 scores. Setzer had a nice day with 4 grabs for 80 and the 50 yard fumble score. Johnson was the big play guy with 2 grabs, 110 yards and 2 scores. Newton only ran for 66 but did score twice.
    Defense did their thing. Banks and Dangerfield each recorded 2 sacks as the rest of the rest added 3. Hollins and Payne each pulled in interceptions and throw in 2 FRs for the team. ASU only managed 281 yards of offense and 102 passing yards.

>> Scoring Plays Gallery <<
    >> Turnovers Gallery <<

3. IrishBearcat

Utah wins 69-10
    Utah wins 52-13
    and now Utah wins 60-24

DAMN! Utes look like the real deal this season. You have 3 tough CPU games ahead all in a row (Oregon, USC, Stanford). The good news is You have great potential for a 6-0 start. Oshiomogho looks poised for a big season, but can this Utah squad avoid dissapointing fan's expectations and get the monkey off their back!?

4. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

you forgot to mention that 21 of the 37 pts I have allowed this year are when the other team scores on a fumble recovery. I was just looking at my schedule tonight, assumign I can get through the CPU games, I may have a good ranking headed in to a huge matchup vs UCLA. Ball So Hard Utes

5. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]
    CAL BLANKS OHIO STATE 28-0!

[​IMG]
    Cal Senior Captain CB Adrian Lee intercepted SR QB Braxton Miller twice to aid the defense in the shutout
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Cal entered the game rolling to a 2-0 start with an OT victory over Clemson and a massacre of Arkansas on their home turf. The Golden Bears traveled to Columbus for their first road trip of the season. The Buckeyes suffered an opening day loss to a Colorado team that is on the rise, but OSU was able to rebound nicely with a 34-0 shutout against the Bearcats. Cal was ranked #17 and Ohio State ranked #21 setting up for an exciting early season OOC contest.​
    The Golden Bears were the first team with the football. Cal leaned on their run game early and often and got across midfield after hitting a play-action pass to the TE Adam Rivers. RB Justin Goode would do most of the dirty work getting the offense down inside the 5 yard line, but backup RB Brendon Bigelow scored the first points of the game with a 6 yard rush. The next drive OSU QB Braxton Miller threw a pass right to CB Adrian Lee. QB Kyle Boehm hit WR Kaelin Clay on a crossing route and he was able to dive over the endzone before getting knocked out of bounds for a touchdown.
    Cal entered the 2nd quarter up 14-0 and the Ohio State crowd was silenced. Braxton Miller was really having a tough time moving the offense down the field. He was able to find Cal's Captain CB Adrian Lee AGAIN for his 2nd pick. FB Travis Capps surged up the middle on 4th and 1 from the four yard line and walked into the end-zone untouched. Cal's defense was really taking over the game and feeding off the momentum. Ohio State never got going during the first half, and trailed 0-21 at the break.​
    The third quarter Ohio State started to get a little bit going offensively. Their opening drive they got close to midfield but were forced to punt. The defenses were really playing great football and both offenses looked extremely lethargic throughout the entire quarter. Cal still led 21-0 at the end of the third.
    Third string RB Shaun Young entered the game and seemed to be getting more touches after his two touchdown performance in mop-up duty against Arkansas. He responded with his opportunities with solid production. Young was dishing out some impressive stiff-arms and it sparked the Golden Bear offense. Goode took a power-O play for a 50+ yard gain down the sideline but was knocked out of bounds inside the 5 yard line. Young was rewarded for his tough running with a surge up the gut for an 8 yard touchdown. Cal shutout #21 Ohio State 28-0 in the Shoe!​
    UP NEXT: BYE WEEK #2

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  6. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

OSU 42 - USC 35

USC came out on fire. Their offense was rolling all game. It seemed that every time I would audible USC would change their play. After leading 14-7 in the 2nd quarter, USC scored 21 unanswered points. They led at half 28-14. OSU cameback in the 3rd to score 14 pts to tie the ball game up. In the forth quarter OSU did just enough to sneak past USC and improve to 3-0. I had a great day passing the ball. RB Jackson benefited from the pass game and did what he usually does on the ground.