Week 4 - Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jan 12, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 4 - Season 5

Hard Advance for Friday @ 8:00 PM Central

Week 3's Players of the Week
    Offense:
    N/A

Defense:
    N/A

Big User vs User Game:

#13 Texas Tech 2-0 (0-0) @ #7 Southern Miss 3-0 (1-0)
    National Broadcast: Saturday, September 14th, 1:00 PM

This is for sure one of the biggest games of the year. A loss could make or break each's goal of a National Championship, and bragging rights are on the line. Max was able to pull off a 5 OT thriller the last time these two coaches met in the C USA Championship.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Southern Miss 31-17

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Rankigs TTU USM
    Overall Rating B+ A
    Offense Rating B- A-
    Defense Rating A- A
    Points per Game 41.5 (#5) 33.3 (#20)
    Total Offense 918 (#31) 1057 (#11)
    Total Defense 560 (#60) 687 (#89)
    Turnover Diff -5 (#116) 0 (#58)

Regional Broadcasts:

Bowling Green 1-0 (0-0) @ Arizona 1-1 (0-0)

RaveDown is currently on a two game losing streak. Will he get stuck in it, or will he be able to pull out a victory over Arizona?!

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Bowling Green 42-14

Notre Dame 1-1 (0-0) @ Purdue 1-1 (0-0)

Purdue won this rivalry last year in a game that Sophomore HB Brian Robinson threw for a TD, ran for a TD, and caught a TD. This time, they are going to need a lot of help from him, and redshirt Freshman T.J. Smith will see his first action with Denard Robinson injured.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Notre Dame 59-36

Memphis 2-0 (0-0) @ #16 Tulsa 3-0 (0-0)

No problem here, Jman should get the win..

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Tulsa 45-31

Kent State 2-0 (0-0) @ Ohio 2-1 (0-0)

The teams are pretty evenly matched as far as talent goes, I believe Shrike gets the 'W' no prob.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Kent State 49-7

Marshall 2-0 (0-0) @ UCF 0-1 (0-0)

This is rivalry game, so it could weigh heavily on Nati's recruiting. UCF gets first win of the new season.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score

Colorado 1-1 (0-0) @ Utah 3-0 (0-0)

This will be absolutely NO cake walk. Utah leads in every rankings category except Points per Game and Turnover Difference. GL.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Colorado 31-7

Other Games:

Washington State 1-1 (0-0) @ #14 UCLA 1-1 (0-0)

UCLA will have to run the table if they want even the slightest chance at getting into the NC.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    UCLA 58-14

2. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Sweet. I'll be able to at least get my week 4 game with Memphis in tonight then!

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Purdue puts up 59 on ND!

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    ND 14 0 8 14 36
    Pur 14 17 14 14 59

backup QB redshirt Freshman, TJ Smith was able to put up some rediculous numbers in his first career start. He made some huge throws, and flat out managed the game. For instance, after being just inches short of the goal line, with no timeouts he was able to get everyone back to the LOS and spike the ball with 1 second left. Shortly after, he'd plunge in for a TD stealing all the momentum!

The defense played solid except for very early on, and towards the end of the game. Freshman OLB Jake Hawkins got the first INT of his career.

Offensive POTG - QB TJ Smith Fr(RS) - 21 of 28, 355 yards, TD, 2 INTs - 16 carries for 115 yards, 3 TDs

Defensive POTG - CB Antavian Edison Sr(RS) - 4 tackles, INT, deflection

4. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]@[​IMG]

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    CU 14 7 7 3 31
    Utah 0 7 0 0 7

CU Dominates on the Ground Again!

The Colorado Buffaloes have a team slogan for this year. The Coaching staff passed around t-shirts at the start of fall camp that read "Move or get RUN OVER". Well the Utah Utes got run over here today as the Buffaloes O-line and RB tandem of Willie Babcock and heralded freshman John Harris combined for over 200 yards in a very convincing 31-7 win saturday night. It was Utah's 1st loss on the season and there high flying offense couldn't convert on several 4th down plays that had drives stall in Buffalo territory. "We put out those T-shirts as motivation for a team that last season couldn't avg more than 110 yards per game on the ground. We have several talented backs and a new O-line that needed some confidence before we started Big Twelve play. Running the ball is what this team does best." said Coach York after the game. The Buffs took a big blow to that tandem as they found out after the game that Willie Babcock will be lost for 5 weeks with a broken wrist. After he went down Harris took over and rushed for 145 yards on 21 carries and 1 TD. Terdema Ussery had 6 catches for 90 yards to lead the Buffs. On D the secondary was amazing. CB's Jack Johnson(4 pass deflections) and Derrick Richards(1 INT and 8 tackles) shut down the Utah WR's. FS Matt Mcrae led the team with 12 tackles and 1 sack. Next up for the Buffs is a trip to OSU to take on the #22 Cowboys.

5. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

So I'm left wondering who won this thing, since it seemed like it was going to get played last night. Don't keep us in suspense!

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I know USM won. Final score was 34-17, I belive.

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Yep. I couldnt get the pass game going. I know on multiple occasions I pressed 'A' when I was looking at a wide open 'Y' receiver lol (FIFA maybe?). Despite the score.. my defense was pretty dang good. I put USM's QB on the ground a lot I just couldnt score.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Saw you played a few more games...

how'd you like the online pro mode?

9. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

How is that game overall? Thought about getting it for something else to play, but wasn't sure I'd enjoy it for the price.

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

very good. I don't have very many games, but as far as little glitches and such I think it is probably top notch. If you are a futbol fan what so ever you'd love the game. I like playing it just as much as NCAA, but OD and the fact that I just love football is what makes NCAA a little better.

But I like it because its a pretty relaxed game, and you don't have to be good to have fun. Online clubs is sweet. Everyone creates their own guys, and we play side by side of each other vs other teams.

11. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Kent State 49, Ohio 7

Freshman Taylor leads Kent to Big Win over Ohio

This game was really only a contest for the first quarter. Ohio held the ball for a good chunk at the beginning but couldn't manage a score. Ohio QB Patrick Scott was able to beat Kent's blitzes by finding his TEs, forcing the Golden Flash to play a more conservative, sit-and-wait style of defense. Their patience paid off to the tune of 3 interceptions.
    Kent once again did most of their damage through the air (384 yards) but still managed to get to the century mark on the ground. Backup QB Pat McNair played well in reserve duty, going 11-15 with 187 yards, 3 TD, and 1 INT.
    Said coach Thrillz," This game was a heated rivalry during my first two years here, now we are dominating every aspect of the matchup. This says a lot about how far we have come as a program in recent years."

Offensive POTG: Freshman TE Jeff Taylor - 8 rec, 141 yds, 2 TD, 3 pancake blocks
    Defensive POTG: FS Richard McCoy - 5 tackles, 1 INT

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Left for this week:
    Arizona vs BG - to be played tonight I think.
    UCLA - probably tonight
    Ball State - out of town now? just recruiting.
    UCF - still has their game..

13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Ball State=Now Auburn. He's out of town until next week, so he won't be able to do his recruiting. I'll be getting mine in tonight unless something comes up.

14. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

so we are advancing when?

15. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Hopefully not before I play and get my recruiting in! lol. I'll be logging on around 10:30 EST or so. Not sure what is up with the user game and if Nati has his stuff in/done.

16. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

We're supposed to be playing at 8:15 eastern and ravedown seemed pretty confident that it would go down.

17. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

That's bad timing for Riptides, he has a big game next week.

18. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Its so awesome man. We played a few games after that. I had a couple of close shots... One really long shot that just missed. Then I had a karate-kick type volley that almost went in too haha.

That is a really cool way to play the game though. Its a blast. I only rented it, but I may have to buy it now.

19. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

TTU -- 3 l 7 l 0 l 7

USM -- 7 l 17 l 0 l 7

1st Quarter
    3:56 TD USM: M Cox 12yd TD run
    1:46 FG TTU: 21 yds

2nd Quarter
    5:11 TD USM: L. Rogers 14 yd pass
    00:52 TD TTU: C. Charles 14 yd pass
    00:27 TD USM: M Assad 48 yd pass
    00:01 FG USM: 39 yds

3rd Quarter
    -------

4th Quarter
    5:31 TD USM: M Hubbard 28 yd pass
    3:34 TD TTU: J Pittman 4 yd pass

Southern Miss POTG: M. Cox 26 - 35 354 yds 3 TDs 1 Int Long 48 Sacks 9
    Texas Texh POTG: 8 Tackles 4 TFL 4 Sacks 1 FF

In what was another great game by these two head coaches, Southern Miss will walk away with this win from this weeks matchup. Both teams sarted the game with success moving right down the field. USM was able to score a TD, whil TTU had to settle or a FG. The big swing however came right before halftime. Texas Tech put together a solid drive for a TD. Once USM got the ball back, it took them 3 plays to score a TD. The real play came when TTU while trying to get into FG threw a Int. One pass play later and a clock stoppage, USM kicked a FG and went into the locker room with a 24-10 lead.

The third quarter was one filled with lots of defense and a couple turnovers. One more big play in the 4th, and USM was able to play with a bit of relaxation just trying to hold their lead. It was a fun struggle.

20. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

Bowling Green takes down Arizona 42 - 14

Close game in the first half with the score being 21 - 14 BG at half. Forced a three and out on the first possesion of the second half and on the punt my guy muffed it and then somehow was able to take it to the house....pure fuckin retard luck. Forced Zona to punt on their next possesion and was able to score again which made it a 21 point lead and that was the nail in the coffin.

21. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Near halftime, and I can honestly say this WSU team is the toughest CPU team ever. Freaking ridiculous.

22. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

After playing a half of uninspired ball and being knotted up with WSU 28-28 at the break, UCLA comes out of the locker room and puts on a clinic. When the smoke settled, it was UCLA 56, Washington State 28. QB Richard Brehaut throws for 465 yards and 5 TDs, and runs for 22 more yards.

When asked what happened in the locker room at halftime, Coach Parrothead explained it this way: "Well, I picked up a bucket, puked in it, then showed it to the players. I told them this is what they looked like that first half. I think that did the trick."

Next up for UCLA is a tough conference game at Arizona State.

23. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

*Edited post #19*