Week 4, Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mmullen8, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

We Advanced

We move again Monday Night at 9 pm ct

Miami vs Memphis pits a team at the top against a young and upset minded crew. Founding Fathers meet up
    LSU vs South Carolina in a huge match up
    EMU vs Utah State in a big user game...EMU is riding high
    Cuse vs BC....3 straight User games for Funnel...not my fault, he wasnt Syracuse when I made the schedule
    Tenn vs Florida...bonner is playing his games..not talking, just like old times
    Kent St vs Illini...huge game for the Flashes

3 User games...#5 Miami vs Memphis is the Game of the Week...

• Like Like x 1
  2. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

I'm sorry did you say something? I though I heard some murmuring from the floor?

3. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Let's go Vol's beat them gator's this week!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  4. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

LSU forces 5 turnovers, hangs 62 on Spurrier.

It looked like LSU was in for a shootout in the first quarter as the game was knotted at 14 just a few minutes into the game. But then, USCe ran out of bullets and LSU rolled. The LSU defense gave the offense a short field all game by picking off 4 passes and recovering a fumble. In only 2 games this year, LSU have forced 12 turnovers. LSU's offense shared the wealth putting 2 backs over 100.

It appears as if LSU may be a contender in the LOADED SEC West. They still have to play Auburn (4), Alabama (8), UGa (6), and Miss St (20). Can LSU survive this brutal conference schedule? Saturday's tilt vs. UGa will tell alot about this squad.

5. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

In the matchup of Memphis vs Miami, it goes to show you...team rating has a lot to do with it. The Miami D played did their best 85 bears impression all game long. The overmatched Memphis O-line was beaten like red headed step child all day long. The Memphis D played suprisingly well all game, creating turnovers and limiting Miami to 24 points considering they had a short field all game long. It was a fun challenge to try and move the ball for about a minute, then it was frustrating.

Memphis will be a contender....not this year. But give me two years. Memphis will be a winner....or until the next game comes out

6. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Eastern Michigan Continues it Fast Start

First let me give Bdub his props. Not only did he play a Sim game. But he was a gentleman til the end. I'm glad to have him here in The Cathedral.

In the game, EMU scored first and never looked back beating the Aggies of Utah St 24-7. Mark Ianotti completed 6 of 9 for 216 and 2 tds. But it was his Senior receiver Brian Johnson who stole the show. 5 catches for 175 yards and 2 tds on the day Johnson was open all day. "I had a good week of practice and it showed today on the field." said Johnson. "I kept telling Mark to throw it to me. They can't cover me! Get your popcorn ready!" With touchdown receptions of 30 and 78 yards Johnson WAS unstoppable.

On defense Ramon Taylor continues his int streak with his 3rd pick in as many games. And talk about streaks, Freshman DT Lamont Bentley continues his hot collegiate start with his 6th sack of the season.

For the Aggies it was Andrew Washington leading the way with a season high of 83 yards on 13 attempts. "I kept getting the call to run the rock. And every time I got the ball I was dragging defenders all over the field." boasted Washington. Outside linebacker Rodney Hardrick was all over the field on defense for the Aggies. With 5 tackles, 2 sacks, and a force fumble Hardrick was the player of the game for Utah St.

Great game Bdub!

7. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

The Vol's got there running game going in the third game of the year on route to a 33-14 victory over the Gator's. Smith ran 24 times for 128 yards and two scores and Willis added 44 on 3 carries for a score. The only downside to this game was that my shit kicker missed an extra point, a 36 and 21 yard field goals. It looks like I will be going for it on fourth down a lot this year as my kicker has no clue on how to kick the ball.

8. bdub

bdub Walk On

Thanks man, great game. Once I get some talent on this team maybe I can give you some competition.

9. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Just a reminder, we advance tonight at 9 pm ct....here is a thought, lets move before that...Play your games, soon. Just because you have 48 hours, doesnt mean you need to wait till the last minute

10. Goose

Goose Walk On

Someone tag CAPSLOCK for me. I can't play tonight and I haven't heard from you at all about the game. Straight up sim cool with you?

11. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

blah blah blah

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  12. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

He will have to learn the hard way. I'd say sim it.

13. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Dude, you have to change your little picture. You are no longer worthy of the title "The Ravishing One". The real Rick Rude would be disgusted! Get that Vaginitis cleared up and come back and act like a big boy!

• Like Like x 2
  14. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

blah blah blah blah

15. Goose

Goose Walk On

blah blah party

• Like Like x 1
  16. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Understand that completely. And it felt like shit!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Goose

Goose Walk On

Real funny shit, you should have been on sooner. ;)

18. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

umm... It's a video game you idiots.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Here is my two cents...if you are going to get frustrated by this game to the point that editing needs to be done....a wise and insightful post from Goose is only a temporary fix. The founding fathers are not going anywhere, we will keep playing, every once in awhile adding some dudes to the core who are here to stick. So far, Pro and Plague have seemed to see the big picture and are here to ride it out until NCAA 13 comes out. We all know that the CPU sucks, its probably going to suck again next year. The thing that keeps us going is moving quickly (having games to play), and talk all kinds of crazy shit.

Your spot is safe here when 13 drops and give it another go, but the same goes for everyone, if you arent committed to moving and playing legit, than take a step back, a breather and....man up, its fake football

• Like Like x 3
  20. vatechhokie01

mullen's nicer than I am. I'll say that.

21. Goose

Goose Walk On

He's cool now. We've exchanged a few texts and his frustration is over. Probably just needs to get laid. lol TRudethaDude

amIright? (y)

22. Goose

Goose Walk On

We've all had that game that we've definitely felt cheated against the CPU. I know Pro's had a few, we've exchanged texts and all's well. Rude's cool now, just needed to let some steam off. That's all. I'm sure he's here for the long hall, if not he's in deep shit for bringing the guy THAT ONLY TYPES LIKE THIS.

23. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Okay so now everybody hug and then get Goose's game simmed so I can play tonight when I get home.

• Like Like x 1
  24. vatechhokie01

great, then I'll leave it at this: the backhanded/cryptic talk about other users will stop. if you have an issue with someone, tell them like a man. we have all played together forever now and choose to trust and care about one another enough to not accuse each other of unfair play.

everyone does quirky crap, and I've played everyone of you morons. the pretentious "i'm more sim than you or anyone else" is possibly the stupidest angle one could take. it's a freaking video game and we all try to play legit and have fun. not to mention we've all (minus weave who is a loser and cheat obviously) lost more freaking games than could possibly ever support some dumbs accusation of stat-whoring, only caring about winning, or being cheesy as a style in a game that, yes, we all know you could basically never lose if you were "up" for it.

my advice? when you lose or have a bad game either a) quit playing if it bends you out of shape so bad cuz thats just ridiculous, b) wait 24hrs before you post something or c) laugh and play your next game.

but the bullshit backhanded user comments will not be tolerated. we are tight around here and are not going to become a drama league. just won't happen.

25. vatechhokie01

now...

this thread is locked. please move to the next thread which i just created... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.