Week 4 Season 5

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Feb 16, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

It's here, it's late. I'll post info tmr.

2. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

OSU kept Stanford in check all game. OSU played solid on offense and moved the ball at will. RB Woods was knocked out of the game in the 2nd quarter but RB Murphy stepped in very well. Even the FB had a solid day running the ball. My FB reminds me of the ones I used at Air Force. QB Smith had an ok day throwing for a score and throwing a pick. He continues to grow each game.

On defense OSU made things difficult for Stanford. Stanford's RB went into beast mode on several places breaking multiple tackles. However he wasnt able to carry the team.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'm back. I'll get my game in tonight or tomorrow, try and get that first 'W'

4. IrishBearcat

Kicking off conference play against #25 USC, excited! :D

Murk is playing tmr. We'll advance sometime tmr afternoon, no later than 5PM.

5. IrishBearcat

The steak ends.. :(

#25 USC: 34
    #5 CAL: 27
    FINAL

My pass defense got DESTROYED, especially in the first half. Went into halftime down 10-24 with their QB 12/12 with 3 TDs in the first half. We fought back in the 2nd half and got it to 27-27 tie ball game in the 4th. After stopping them and getting the ball at midfield I threw a boneheaded pick. I sent the blitz as they were in borderline field goal range and was hoping for the sack. We paid the price, TD over the top (Passing TD #4).

Down 27-34 we refused to quit though. We got down to USC's 6 yard line! My QB dropped back, no pressure, I rolled out and the backers played their zones.. I went to cut hard for the corner of the endzone and a linebacker met my QB at the 1 yard line right by the pylon. He stripped my QB and USC recovered the ball in the end-zone. CHECKMATE.

I was afraid the defensive youth would catch up to us and it did. Still, proud my team was 1 yard away from beating a team on Heisman who's A's across the board in terms of talent. No time to pout or lick our wounds, #1 Auburn awaits us next week. If you're going to get upset by the CPU you always hope it's OOC, unfortunately that wasn't the case today.

We'll bounce back. Count on it!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Is it me or does the CPU seem tougher this season? Last year I just steam rolled through them with a ton of freshman on my team. This season, is a different story.

7. IrishBearcat

My theory is everyone's current senior class is our S1 recruiting class, which was everyone's WEAKEST class. Most of the talent on our teams are still young.

I still need to find my way on offense. It always takes me till about mid-season to figure out how to get the MOST out of my players. Defensively, I have a ton of young athletic talent but I'm used to solid seniors who play really good football. Sporting an entire new linebacking core, 2 new starters at safety, replacing my best corner, and replacing 3 starters from the defensive line has made it tough.

With all that said USC played a PERFECT 1st half and we were still able to come back and have several chances to win. Although nobody likes losing, I really enjoyed the game. Had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Ready for #1, battle of the Heisman Candidates: Cal's Brendon Bigelow v Auburn's Tre Mason.

8. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

I know the feeling of having young players. I only have one starting senior on defense and I think 4 on offense. USC always seems to play users very tough. Also, I sure many are happy to see other players on the hesiman watch list other than Craig Jackson (boy do I miss him).