Week 4 Season 6

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Mar 4, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    "Fuck famous, let's get LEGENDARY!"
    [​IMG]
    Advance Max: Tuesday @2 PM EST
    WHAT HAS TO BE COMPLETED TO ADVANCE TO WEEK 4:​
    1. All games must be completed (24 hr cpu/48 user max)​
    2. All game summaries must be posted​
    3. Heisman Watch, Power Rankings, Injury Updates , Pick'EM (setup), etc.​
    4. Please use GAME SCHEDULING forum as directed. Team threads go in game summaries. Thanks.​
    THANK YOU for you cooperation, you guys have been awesome as usual! Let's keep it up.​
    =============== #12 UCLA Bruins (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Bruins were idle.
    This week, the Bruins will host Stanford (2-0).
    =============== #6 Cal Golden Bears (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Golden Bears were idle.
    This week, the Golden Bears will host Duke (1-1).
    =============== #4 Oregon State Beavers (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Beavers were idle.
    This week, the Beavers travel to Seattle to face the #2 Washington Huskies (2-0).
    =============== #22 Utah Utes (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Utes were idle.
    This week, the Utes will host #20 USC (1-1).
    =============== Arizona Wildcats (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Wildcats were idle.
    This week, the Wildcats will host Army (0-1).
    =============== Washington State Cougars (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Washington State lost 41-28 against Michigan (1-0).
    This week, the Cougars are idle.
    =============== #17 Colorado Buffaloes (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Buffaloes were idle.
    This week, the Buffaloes will host Colorado State (0-2).
    =============== #2 Washington Huskies (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Huskies were idle.
    This week, the Huskies will host #4 Oregon State (2-0).

2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Double Dueces!
    6 of us 8 in the top 22 now
    a combine record of 16-1

huge matchup of #2 and #4
    dont sleep on Stanford to challenge UCLA or USC to beat me

• Like Like x 1
  3. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

OSU 17 - Washington 10

This game is probably the losest scoring game between fuzzy and I ever. It was a hard fought game that came right now to the end.

It a battle of #4 OSU vs. #2 Wash this game would give the winning team a solid foothold on the pac-12 north even though its week 4 of the season. Washington came into the game as favorites to win. OSU came out the gate throwing the ball out of the spread formation. Washington was not buying it and picked off QB Smith. Washington put together a solid first drive but failed to get into the endzone once they reached the 2 yard line. Washington was forced to settle for a field goal.

OSU came out on their next drive and scored on a 44 yard crossing route to take the lead late in the first. this lead would be short lived though. Washington would kick a field goal to go up 10-7 midway through the 2nd. The teams would then battle out punting the ball several times.

This game was all about field position and defensive matchups. OSU did forced several INTs in the second half. The drive of the came with about 3:14 seconds left in the game and Washington was forced to punt on 4th and 2. OSU knew if they could get into field goal range they would have a chance to knock off the #2 team in the nation. OSU found daylight on a FB dive and took it to the house for the score with 40 seconds left.

Nothing but respect for coach fuzzy and the Washington Huskies. They played tough and kept it close all ball game. Their defense is solid and completely shutdown my run game. Washington could make a similar run like last year and win out to find them selves in the driver's seat to the national championship.

4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

MNoffke That was a great game man, my offense just needed to put up a little more production. Davis threw 3 INTs on the day; your secondary is just too quick against my WRs. My first two WRs have 84 and 83 speed, but have great route running and catching abilities. Your DB ran the route better than my second WR and picked it off. I believe the other two came off of deep balls I just lobbed up there hoping to connect with McNamara. That first drive where you held me to a FG was huge. You tipped the ball perfectly on the fade route to Moore, I thought for sure he had that. Hopefully we can rematch in the NC, but that is a long shot.

5. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

playing now...

6. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Utah pulls out the defensive battle against #20 USC 31-21

In possibly Nixon's busiest game throwing this year, he threw 21 passes on the day but connected on just 10 of them including 150 yards on 3 balls and 2 TDs to the Junior Maurice Wynn. Blake Setzer also pulled down a score. Pettit and Buckley each got 13 carrie and had similar days 47 and 50 yards with Pettit finding the endzone.

The defense was strong. a sack for each of the DEs in this one and INTs from Low and Whitaker. Mark Wilson and Derron Kiniry each forced fumbles that Kiniry and Garcia fell on.

USC was strong. moving the ball for 574 total yards of offense but was just 2/7 on 3rd downs and 0/1 on 4th. add in the 4 TOs and the game was decided.

A someone surprising win that felt a lot easier then it was. It was a 7-0 Utah lead at half. USC scored twice from 78+ to keep themselves in things.

7. IrishBearcat

Summary is coming tomorrow.. laid it on Duke 38-13!

Just Philstyle3005 left in terms of games. Everyone get their content knocked out por favor.

8. IrishBearcat

Summaries due at 2 PM EST tomorrow. We have a few that need done.

9. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Arizona 24
    Army 7

The Wildcats are continuing their winning ways, out lasting the Black Knights at West Point. The story of the game for the Wildcats was defense and special teams, as the Wildcat offense was non existant. The Cats were out gained by Army's triple option attack 325 to 133 and also didn't get a single first down. " The effort we put up on offense was utterly disgusting!" said Coach Baker, " If we play like this during conference play we can plan on being at home come bowl season." Coach Baker however had to be impressed with his defense. Although they stayed on the field for most of the game, they made plays when needed. Freshman SS Fred Williams made his first impact play of the year picking off his first collegiate pass of the year and taking to the house from 60 yds out. Later in the 4th, Senior WR Nathan Marshall took a kick-off back 93 yds to seal the deal for Arizona.
    The Cats will look to continue their climb out of the cellar as they open up conference play against the Utah Utes next week

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  10. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Just finished up my game. I'll have my recap done tomorrow morning. I'm exhausted, and just don't have the energy to put one up right now.

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

ADVANCE!!

12. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

ADVANCE!

13. IrishBearcat

14. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Colorado 31
    Colorado St. 6

Colorado finally puts on a dominating performance and doesn't have to come behind to win a game. Colorado dominated the rivalry game from the first snap. The Buffaloes first got on the score board with a field goal, followed by 2 touchdown rushes from Malloy. In the 2nd half, Colorado continued to poor it out with 2 touchdown passes to Freshman sensation Mike Gutierrez. Colorado St. would get on the board late in the 4th quarter with a 16 yard pass, but it was too late to mount a comeback. The Buffaloes would pick up a few first downs then kneel it out. Gutierrez ended up with his 3rd straight 100 yard receiving day with 108 yards on 8 receptions, and 2 touchdowns. Malloy had over 70 yards on 11 carries and 2 touchdowns. The Defense didn't force a turnover, but did force Colorado St. to use 3 different Quarterbacks. The Buffaloes can't celebrate too long as they travel to Eugene to take on the fast paced Oregon Ducks next week.

15. IrishBearcat

#6 California: 38
    Duke: 13
    [​IMG]

Cal seized control of this game on their first drive and never looked back. The Blue Devils missed a field goal to open the game and Cal put together a drive that lasted the remainder of the quarter. RB Brenton Smith scored on third and goal which gave Cal their fifth 3rd down conversion of the drive. The Golden Bears added a field goal to go up 10-0, but the biggest play of the half came on a last second bomb to the end-zone that WR Chip Curry hauled in for a 35 yard touchdown! Cal lead 17-0 at half.

The first score of the second half came on a turnover forced by the Golden Bear's defense. SS Julian Robinson intercepted a pass forced into double coverage and showed off his impressive athleticism by making a few tacklers miss and breaking some ankles. The 68 yard interception return gave Cal a 24-0 lead. Duke finally got on the scoreboard on a TD pass on 3rd and goal to cut the lead to 24-7. RB Shaun Young punched in another TD on a 10 yard burst up the middle to give Cal a 31-7 lead entering the 4th. Each teams exchanged TDs in the 4th quarter to give Cal a 38-13 victory.