Week 4 Season 7

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, May 3, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]

"Fuck famous, let's get LEGENDARY!"
    [​IMG]
    Advance Max: Sunday 12:00 PM EST
    WHAT WE MUST ACCOMPLISH TO ADVANCE TO WEEK 5:​
    Bucs
    1. All games should be completed (24 hr cpu/48 user max)​
    2. All game summaries should be posted​
    THANK YOU for you cooperation, you guys have been awesome as usual! Let's keep it up.​
    =============== #20 UCLA Bruins (2-0) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 38-32 against Washington (1-1).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Stanford to face the #13 Stanford Cardinal (0-1).
    =============== #11 Cal Golden Bears (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Cal lost 38-17 against Alabama (2-0).
    This week, the Golden Bears will host BYU (1-2).
    =============== USC Trojans (1-1) ===============
    Last week, USC won 45-14 against Connecticut (1-1).
    This week, the Trojans will host Utah (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Brian East has committed to USC
    =============== #17 Washington Huskies (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Washington lost 38-32 against UCLA (2-0).
    This week, the Huskies will host #8 Boise State (2-0).
    =============== Utah Utes (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Utah won 14-7 against Colorado (0-2).
    This week, the Utes travel to Los Angeles to face the USC Trojans (1-1).
    =============== Colorado Buffaloes (0-2) ===============
    Last week, Colorado lost 14-7 against Utah (2-0).
    This week, the Buffaloes will host #2 Auburn (2-0).
    =============== #16 Oregon State Beavers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 38-17 against Ohio State (1-1).
    This week, the Beavers travel to Pullman to face the Washington State Cougars (2-0).
    =============== #22 Oregon Ducks (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon lost 45-44 against Penn State (1-1).
    This week, the Ducks will host LSU (0-1).
    =============== #13 Stanford Cardinal (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Stanford lost 27-24 against Wisconsin (2-0).
    This week, the Cardinal will host #20 UCLA (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Stanford targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Brian East has committed to USC
    =============== Arizona State Sun Devils (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Arizona State lost 40-14 against Virginia Tech (2-0).
    This week, the Sun Devils travel to Columbia to face the Missouri Tigers (0-1).
    =============== Washington State Cougars (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Washington State won 59-0 against Army (0-2).
    This week, the Cougars will host #16 Oregon State (1-0).
    =============== Arizona Wildcats (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 49-14 against Arkansas (2-0).
    This week, the Wildcats will host UNLV (1-1).

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  2. IrishBearcat

3. Alwaysfly

Alwaysfly Walk On

not much to say my offense line blows and I cant play defense

USC 17

Utah 10

4. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Didn't get to tell u, but gg bro!

5. Alwaysfly

Alwaysfly Walk On

GG man thought I had you

• Like Like x 1
  6. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Yea me too lol.... My corner came up big for me this time around....

7. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

HUGE UPSET BY THE LOWLY BUFFS
    The game started as bad as it could get for the Buffs, fumbling the opening kickoff at their own 10 yard line. Auburn then proceeded to punch it into the end zone a few plays later for a early 7-0 lead. The defensive coach gathered his guys around him on the sideline,"Men,really nothing we could do in that situation, just take it to them the rest of the game and it will sort itself out in the wash."
    The rest of the first quarter was back and forth 3 and outs until Auburn got a couple of lucky runs to get them into the red zone. Colorado's defense rose to the occasion shutting them down on three consecutive plays, forcing them to kick the field goal, putting the game at 10-0 (with 29 seconds left in the first quarter) in favor of Auburn. This time it was the Colorado offensive coach that lit the fire under the Senior Quarterback, "If this is your team then show me what you got."
    The second quarter had the Buffs defensive making a huge forced fumble and recovery, the offense rode the momentum all the way to the red zone where Smith the JUCO RB ran it in from the 1 yard line with less than 4 minutes to go till half. You could see it in the faces on the Buffs sidelines they knew they could win this thing.
    Auburn forced their way back into the red zone again with little over a minute left, only to be turned away by the Buffs resilient defense yet again. they kicked another FG and put the score at 13-7 with :51 left till half. The offense was going to take this to the half, but busted a big run. with all their timeouts left the coach decided to give it a shot. After a couple of long completions and a close call for a sack they made their way for a 36 yard FG for a 13-10 score at the end of the half.
    The Auburn tigers took the second half opening kickoff drive 10 plays to the red zone yet again, but the bend but don't break defense stopped them again forcing a 33 yard FG putting the game at 16-10. The Buffs struggled on offense for the third quarter giving up an interception and a fumble. The Buffs defense took the Tigers off the field on 3 and outs after every turnover.
    The fourth quarter started out with a quick 3 and out by the Tigers. The buffs decided it was time to pull out the stops and forced their way to the 1 yard line, where RB Smith ran it it again for his second TD of the day, this put the game at 16-17 with 3:20 left to play. The buffs first lead of the day. The coach was overheard talking to his defensive coach "i just hope we didn't give them too much time." After a couple of 7 and 8 yard runs by the Tigers offense the Buffs strapped down sacking the quarterback on consecutive plays setting up a 3rd and long situation. The tigers decided to go with a draw play, nearly picking up the yardage, but came up a couple of yards short. The Auburn coach decided to punt , having all 3 of his time outs left. This would be his undoing as the first 3rd and short was busted for a 37 yard gain with a pitch out to the redshirt freshman Brown (had 13 carries for 112 yards). After a couple of medium runs the Tigers were out of time outs and the Buffs had a first down. After a couple of kneel downs it was official Colorado upsets #2 in the country.
    Last years Lombardi winner Senior Jason Thompson had 5 tkls 2 sks and a forced fumble getting him player of the game
    offensive standout: Junior TE Leach with 9 catches for 168 yards
    Defense allowed only 4-11 3rd down conversions and forced 1 interception and 2 forced fumbles
    BIG STORY: Auburn had 4 trips into the red zone coming away with 1 touchdown on the kickoff fumble drive, and shut down for 3 FG's afterwards
    [​IMG]
    FINAL SCORE: BUFFS 17 AUBURN 16​

Last edited: May 4, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  8. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

• Like Like x 1
  9. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

ASU gets defensive

ASU would hold Missouri to just 7 points as the defense played outstanding. The ASU run game was in full force of being average as the team grinded out 46 carries for 180 yards. It wasnt pretty but it kept TOP huge to ASU and never let the Mizzu offense get going

ASU 17 MIZZ 7

10. IrishBearcat

Just beat BYU 55-14, have to leave my place now but will update with a full summary later today.

Was a crazy game. I had a defender with pick sixes on back to back drives, a KR who housed a field goal try and a regular kick return, another pick six too.

Defense outscored my offense. Fritz played well although didn't have any pressure on him. Amazing how we won 55-14 when their offense had more yardage than us. LOL

11. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

12. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

I can play from now until around 6ish and then I'll be out for the night. I could play later tonight as well around 12-1ish if you wanted and I'm free all saturday

13. CalebMackie

Actually scratch that gotta go out now, so I'm free later tonight around 12-1 EST or I'm free all tomorrow

14. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

15. IrishBearcat

Wow, BIG win for the Buffaloes! I've played Auburn the past few years and have had some great games. They've been realing in the talent almost better than any program teh past few years so consider this a quality victory. Keep it up.

Nice rebound after a tough game last week.

Devil D = #winning, Devil Women = #twinning

16. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

LSU 18
    #22 Oregon 34

We controlled this one from the get go. On the opening kickoff Martinez ran it back 103 yards for the TD , then two plays later we intercepted the ball from LSU and got it back and would score 3 plays later to take a quick 13 nothing lead. LSU would score the following drive but that was all the ywould score in the first half. In the 2nd half we really ran it down their throats and were just eating up tons of clock, they scored once and kicked a FG once but we were never really threatened. A solid win for us at home to build momentum headed into PAC 12 play.

Oregon POTG

HB Blake McCray 19 Carries 135 Yards 2 TDs

17. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

Tomorrow evening sometime, earliest maybe 3pm est but the more around 6 or 7pm if i had to guess, you?

18. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I will look for you around six.

19. IrishBearcat

Looks like a 6 PM EST-ish kickoff time.

Update on a gametime here fellas?

Also iBleedOrange247 and XAttackConquerX with CPU games remaining. Don't want people to miss out on their games before advance tommorow afternoon!

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  20. Bucs

you sure? i played mine yesterday, posted the summary and everything.

21. IrishBearcat

Mispoke, got you confused for Mr. iBleedOrange. My bad!

22. CalebMackie

I'm good all day today

23. Bucs

cool, had me worried for a second lol

• Like Like x 1
  24. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

IrishBearcat sorry I had something come up last night
    I'm going to play right now

25. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]
    CAL DEFENSE AND SPECIAL TEAMS ACCOUNT
    FOR 35 POINTS IN BLOWOUT VICTORY
    [​IMG]
    California's defense forced three interceptions for TDs, and KR Brenton Smith housed a short FG and KR

Coming off an embarrassing loss to #1 Alabama the Golden Bears had their sights on rebounding against the BYU Cougars. Whispers that Josh Martin would start over Seth Fritz to fill in for the injured Dan Larsen were floating around campus. Despite the rumors SR QB Seth Fritz took the field as the starter.

BYU got the ball first and Cal's defense looked to be sleepwalking the entire drive. The Cougars trotted down the field effortlessly and took a 7-0 lead on a Thibodeaux TD pass to Barry Gordon. Down a touchdown California's offense took the field. Fritz looked much more poised than he did against UCF and lead the offense inside the red-zone. A sack on third down would force a field goal to cut the deficit to 3-7. On the ensuing drive Cal OLB Will Johnson intercepted a Thibodeaux pass for a 54 yard touchdown!

[​IMG]

Up 10-7 Cal took the field again on defense. Thibodeaux did the unthinkable and forced ANOTHER pass right into the gut of Will Johnson who advanced the football all the way to the end-zone for his second touchdown in a 35 second span. Cal lead 17-7 at the end of the first.

The Cougar's luck would not improve. A long field goal attempt was kicked short and fielded by KR/RB Brenton Smith who returned it 98 yards for a touchdown. Just before halftime RB Shaun Young plowed into the endzone on 3rd and goal to give cal a 31-7 halftime lead.

[​IMG]
    KR/RB Brenton Smith added another return touchdown on a 92 yard kick return. Fritz found freshman WR Matt Daly for a 14 yard touchdwon on a slant pattern on third down. CB Jordan Moore joined the partynd intercepted Thibodeaux's third pass of the day for a touchdown. Cal ended the game winning 55-14 in a massive blowout.​