Week 4 Summaries, S1

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by -Cougars-, Jul 28, 2011.

1. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

UTEP 27 USF 17

UTEP is known for their power running philosophy but the USF defense came to play which shut that down. The Miners had struggled throughout the whole entire game to get the ball moving which made the coach very frustrated. After a punt B.J Daniels first play from scrimmage he ran for a 47 yard TD. UTEP came out and threw and INT and USF then scored to go up 14-0. UTEP finally got something going and then scored 17 unanswered points to go up 17-14 but USF tied it at 17 before halftime. Those were the only points USF would score the rest of the game as UTEP dominated the second half. And came out with the W 27-17

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Right after my game at the loading screen after I won 42-34, my XBOX froze up where the loading wheel stopped spinning. I took a video of it although it wouldn't really prove much. I Super Simmed it and won 35-28 the second game. DMan22 IrishBearcat

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

i must say, my game vs VaTech was my best game of NCAA12 to date and that comes in a 38-22 loss to the nations #10 team

my luck just wasnt with me at times. I had at least 4 overthrows on wide open TDs and every jump ball while i was on defense was an easy catch for the offense it seemed, usually adding in some YAC too somehow. Graham threw 2 ints and they could not have been bigger. once was into the endzone to kill a scoring drive and the other was returned for a VATech TD. Tron ran for 86 yards and was very productive. defense was very strong altho it doesnt show in the scoreboard. felt is was a realistic matchup but there were just a few crazy unrealistic plays by them that i could never get that lucky on

Ive also never seen so many injuries!! I think my team had at least 8, including my QB three times, everytime i would not put him back in until he was better too.

2-2 with both losses coming to ranked nonconference rivals

4. Mad Money Merk

Mad Money Merk aka The G.O.A.T

Tulane 31 vs. Duke 41
    "We just couldn't get anything going against this Duke team. We really sucked today." says Coach Slim Shady. Duke took a BIG lead early in this game with 2 scores in the 1st quarter and a pick 6 in the 2nd quarter, giving them a 21-0 lead with with less than 1 minute in the half. As u can tell, its damn near impossible to come back from such a lead. SMU tried to close the gap with a TD score with just seconds left in the 1st half. But Duke came right back with a TD and FG in the 3rd before we could even think about scoring. In fact, Duke put up 17 points in the 3rd quarter to SMU low 7 points. The lead was just too big to overcome. 5 INTs from SMU QB Ryan Griffin certainly didn't help our cause. "We will rebound and get our confidence back as we head into conference play." says Slim Shady.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Never thought i'd hear this about Duke unless it was Basketball :p

• Like Like x 2
  6. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Rice gets destroyed by another cpu team #20 Baylor. Next week the 0-3 Owls start conference play.

7. a Robbed Lung

a Robbed Lung Legendary Veterans

[​IMG][​IMG]

Blazers Dominated by ECU, 45-7

"We couldn't get anything going offensively, and it is really frustrating. We looked good all week in practice, but we did not execute the way we wanted to when it mattered. Looks like it's back to the drawing board for us. We will see how things go against Troy, and if we continue to struggle, look for us to switch our game plan." -Coach Lung

[​IMG] | 00 | 00 | 07 | 00 | 07
    [​IMG] | 14 | 21 | 07 | 03 | 45

QB Bryan Ellis - 7/24, 146 yds, TD, 2 INT
    HB Pat Shed - 12 att, 27 yds
    WR Jay Davis - 2 rec, 36 yds
    FS LaMarcus Farmer - 12 tkls

Next Week: vs. Troy Trojans

8. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Boise St. 30
    Tulsa 35

The Hurricanes pick up their first win of the season in Hollywood fashion, beating the #5 Boise St. Broncos and the Heisman Candidate QB Kellen Moore. Tulsa dominated this game in a way that the score board just didn't do it any justice. "Our defense played lights out, even though we gave up a ton of yards, they made the right plays at the times we needed them most" said first year Head Coach Ray Davis. Tulsa also switched to a hurry-up offense this week and the results were apparent from the first snap of the game, Senior QB GJ Kinne had command of the game from the first snap, the Canes were able to move the ball down the field whenever they wanted. Kinne was electric all game, throwing for 237 yrds on 14 of 25 passing, he also rushed for 46 yrds and 1 td. RB Alex Singelton basically played his way into a starting role this week, rushing for 72 yrds on only 8 carries and a score. Tulsa gets to see if this win wasn't a fluke when they face the University of North Texas next week.

9. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

HOUSTON 38
    NORTH TEXAS 17

North Texas really didn't have anything going besides a stop on 4th down at the 1 yard line. The Cougars were down 3 early but were dominating the entire contest once they found the end zone to go up 7-3. Up 24-3 in the 4th NT scored 2 garbage TDs on the 2nd string defense with a quick TD and an onside kick recovery that led to a touchdown. The backups for Houston also amassed 14 points.

Rival UTEP will be up next week to open up conference play.