Week 4 summaries S7

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Oshiomogho, May 10, 2011.

1. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

my game is underway!

2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

damn it! i had a huge game summary but it was as an "edit" of that post ^ and i typed it while i was playing so it was over 30min and it donest save!

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

long story short, I embarrassed TCU. Andrews only made one mistake where he was hit on a throw and it was caught by a LB. other then that, he averaged 36 yards per completion with 3 TDs (Owens, Everett and Banks). Tate was pathetic. I had one sweep that went for -10 but he was awful on the rest of his attempts to and couldnt even average 1 YPC. he isnt fully healthy but will be after the bye. I still may move Murphy into the starting lineup to try to add a spark.
    defense was great! LBs got burnt on 2 deep mismatches but its my fault for not catching it. Dawson and Leach recored interceptions, Brown has 2 FF and I had 3 forced fumbles. all in all a great 35-6 win to open conference season

had a LOT of visits today, gotta get it done! gonna be my best recruiting year ever with SDSU

4. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Week 4

BYU 13 - Air Force 34

Air Force dominated all game on defense. BYU turned it over on downs on their first possession and on Air Force's first offensive play of the game QB Smith got hit while throwing and BYU INTed it. However, BYU came away with nothing. Air Force struck first scoring twice and connecting on a FG in the 2nd quarter. BYU managed to get a FG before halftime to make it a 17-3 ball game. BYU was determined to not give up and after several possessions between the both of us, BYU put together a great drive and scored a 25 yard passing TD to make it a 17-10 ball game. A short time later Air Force connected on a 68 yard TD pass late in the 3rd. AF and BYU traded FGs. After BYU made it a 27-13 ball game on the ensuing kickoff, Barrett muffed the kickoff but quickly recovered it and ran 96 yards for a TD.

Air Force's defense limited BYU's rushing game making them pass alot. Air Force committed 5 TOs on defense, several being at key stages in the game. BYU did a great job limiting Air Force's rushing attack however, this opened up the passing game for Air Force.

5. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

----------------------------------------------

RAMS PASSING ATTACK AND

DEFENSE OVERWHELM NEW MEXICO

----------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

The Annual "RAMBO" rivalry took place once again for the opening of conference play for Colorado State. Coach IrishBearcat entered the contest with a 2-0 upperhand over rival Coach BakerWildcat.

The first drive of the game the Rams 3-4 defense stifled the Lobos, forcing a quick punt. The very first drive QB Orlando Ward hit WR Erik Barnes on a post pattern for a 68 yard score to start of the game with a bang. Colorado State would capitalize on a fumble on a broken option play and turn it into another touchdown pass to Erik Barnes on a corner route.

Just before halftime New Mexico's offense started finding its rhythm. Freshman NM QB Aaron "Cookie-Monster" Cook drove the Lobos inside the 10 yard line. A bigtime sack would for a field goal and give CSU a 14-3 halftime lead.

WR Kyle Robinson opened up the half by hauling in a 75 yard touchdown pass as the New Mexico safety whiffed in an attempt to pick off the pass. Robinson has become a big time deep threat for the Rams, and his big play gave them a 21-3 lead. CSU RB Adam Robertson would punch in another go ahead score to put the Rams up 28-10 to lead. Lobos WR Larry Rutledge would beat the Rams secondary over the top in garbage time but they would could out victorious 28-16 when it was all said and done.

Next week CSU hosts 0-3 TCU, who the Rams shutout in their home state last season 0-30.

6. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Haha cookie monster!

7. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

RAM + LOBO = RAMBO. BOOM

8. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

I was wondering what u meant by that lmao!

9. DMan22

DMan22 Walk On

WEEK 4

UTAH-52
    WYOMING-35

In a game that was closer then the final score indicated, Utah was able to hold off Coach DMan's former team, the Wyoming Cowboys. The Cowboys have been a thorn in the side of their former Coach, and this early season win to move the record to 3-1 (1-1) gives the Utes some much needed momentum going forward. FR QB Max Taylor had his coming out party this game, as he finished the game completing 15 for 19, throwing for 397 yards, and throwing 6 TD's! WR Chris Brewer was his favorite target on the day, hauling in 6 catches for 166 yards and 2 TD's. Wyo QB Mark Smith kept pace with the Utes for most of the game, and ended with 315 yds passing when it was all said and done. Coach DMan says this win will help to serve as a huge confidence booster for many of the young players that need to step up.

#19 UConn is up next for the Utes. Coach DMan hopes to build on the early season success that his team has had so far, and he knows a win over a Top-25 team will be another building block in this young season.