Week 4 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by -Cougars-, Jun 26, 2011.

1. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Wyoming 35 UNLV 28

Well it was a rainy day in Larime, Wyoming and the Cowboys hosted the Rebels of UNLV. UNLV chose to receive the ball and started their drive. UNLV came out with a gameplan of run first against the poor Wyoming defense and it was working well, but during their drive they hit a stop and was forced to punt. Wyoming took over and began a drive. First play from the line of scrimmage Ralph Bolden took a pitch to the left and took it 77 yards untouched the crowd was well into the game after that as Bolden sat on the bench with a huge smile after that run. UNLV's running back Cook was tearing the Wyoming D apart we could not stop his assault one bit and next thing you know UNLV was on the board. Wyoming came out trying to run again but that fantasy lived short after being stuffed two straight runs. We went back to passing with Robert Marve, he drove us down the field and hit Charles Torwudzo on a slant for a TD. UNLV came out again with Cook and he bashed his way down the field to put UNLV on the board to tie the game at 14. Wyoming's next drive was terrible they couldn't get anything going they had to punt and UNLV capitalized on the drive and scored yet again to go up 21-14. Robert Marve came out for the Cowboys and threw an INT and UNLV came out and capitalized off the turnover to go up 28-14. Things were looking bleak for the Cowboys thinking they would lose their first MWC game of the season. Coach Duke went into the locker room and gave his boys a hell of a speech and got them pumped up for the second half. The 3rd quarter was a defensive battle with either team scoring at all in the 3rd quarter. The 4th quarter came and it was Wyoming's quarter with the score 28-21 UNLV up Wyoming was able to shut down the run and shutout UNLV in the second half while Wyoming scored 14 unanswered points in the 4th to win the game.

• Like Like x 1
  2. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Or a hell of a spanking? The way of Mike Leach continues!

Seriously though, solid comeback win.

3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Your brother was beating my ass on offense and defense all game lol I got outplayed but two costly interceptions helped me with the comeback

• Like Like x 1
  4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Fucking Michael! This is why i pass less than 10 times a game. You we loading the box and i had to pass. Got some good ones but then he over threw two in routes right to your linebacker. Pissin' me off.

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

That slant you called I surely thought you had me but it looked like you under threw it and he reacted to it. I know how you feel man my QB is no better lol

6. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

#5 COLORADO STATE 29
    #1 PENN STATE 10

The theme of dominant defense, sufficient offense, and consistency continued for the Rams even while hosting the #1 team in the nation. CSU got on the board first with a 1 yard rushing touchdown by RB Charles Robinson. Penn State would add a field goal to close out the first quarter giving the Rams a 7-3 lead at the end of the first.

Colorado State OWNED the second quarter. True freshman WR Jerome Jenkins caught a post pattern, and then somehow miraculously broke a tackle and took it 44 yards for six. Colorado State added a field goal with 21 seconds left. Penn State fumbled the kickoff and it gave the Rams a chance to score more points with great field position. Orlando fired a 17 yard strike to WR Ryan Henderson with 1 second left in the half. Ward truely had a flawless half with his efficient distribution of the football. The Rams led 24-3 at half over the #1 team in the country.

The Rams put the offense on cruise control in the third quarter and only added a field goal. Penn State was shutout in the 3rd.

After putting the backup defense in during the 4th quarter true freshman Alex Oliver, who has been impressive in mop-up duty, forced a Penn State safety. CSU was up 29-3 but Penn State scored the first touchdown of the season on the Rams with 24 seconds left in the game. The final score was 29-10.

7. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

New Mexico 45
    NM State 10

Not much exiting here. Both HB's played well-Will Burton had 10 carries for 80 yards and Tyler McNair had 13 for 106. Both players scored twice. QB Aaron Cook played well completing 7 of 9 passes for 208 yards and a TD. New Mexico opens up MWC play at 4-0 at TCU.

8. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Nice win, it sounds like you squeaked it out in the end. You're always tough in the second half.

9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

First half I scout my opponent, which way does he run the most who is his favorite targets and what are his bread and butter plays. Lol lets look back at last season Payton was tearing me up because of his speed you ran outside or cut outside a lot with him in our game, once you kept doing it second half was time to make adjustments sent blitzes off the edges and bam sealed the run game pretty much. (y)

10. fuzzyl0gic

I take what the defense gives me. I tried to switch things up by running up the middle quite a few times with not much success. I always get into trouble trying to force things.

11. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

You running up the middle wasn't getting anywhere haha 1 yard at the most had a drive to win but the clock screwed you over lmao

12. fuzzyl0gic

It better not come down that damn clock situation again this year, I will scream....

13. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

No I don't think it will...because I'm going to be up by 14+ this time! ;)