Week 4 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by onaradio34, Aug 7, 2012.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Post 'em here!

2. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Devil D Dominates
    Arizona State Opens PAC 12 Play with a W over Utah
    [​IMG]
    Is he giving "the shocker" hand signal? I think so...​
    In PAC-12 opener for both teams, the Arizona State Sun Devils and the Utah Utes kept swapping big play touchdowns through the first half. ASU started off the scoring with a short FG after their offense sputtered in the red-zone. Utah answered when their TE Kendrick Moeai took a short Jordan Wynn pass and refused to be tackled on his way to a 71-yard scoring pass, seemingly snatching away the early momentum. That momentum would shift quickly back to ASU when on the second play of their ensuing drive, HB Cameron Marshall took a beautiful option pitch from QB Mike Bercovici and raced 74 yards for a TD. The Sun Devil defense continued to pressure Wynn and forced multiple interceptions. ASU struggled to capitalize on several oppurtunities but did seem to take total control on a 68-yard touchdown throw by Bercovici to WR Rashad Ross with only 16 seconds left in the first half. That feeling didn't last very long though, as Utah hit a hail mary pass for a touchdown as time expired in the second quarter. ​
    The second half saw the ASU defense really flex their muscle and shut out the Utah offense and even scored a TD themselves as CB Rashad Wadood returned the team's 4th interception 50 yards for a seemingly game-sealing TD. Again though, Utah tried to claw back into the game on the ensuing kickoff when Utah's WR Reggie Dunn returned the kick 101 yards for a touchdown. The end to the night's drama would come on Utah's onside kick attempt as they recovered the ball well before it traveled 10 yards, allowing the Sun Devils to run the ball and the clock out.​
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

USF Sneaks Passed Ball State!
    It took a BJ Daniels injury to get this team to play well. Daniels went down at the end of the 2nd quarter. Junior backup Bobby Eveld led the Bulls to a quick score, which should've been the last play of the half. However, Wenning connected with Tomlinson for a 77 yd TD with 11 seconds left. The score was 24-10 at the half. Eveld came out of halftime with confidence and played well. Demetris Murray took over on the ground rushing for 130 yards.​
    Kayvon Webster played another superb game, returning ANOTHER punt to the house, this one for 61 yards. The game came down to the 4th quarter where great Defense, smart play, and GREAT DEFENSE won the game.... (plus a little luck)!​
    The Bulls rushed the ball much more. Coach Holtz has a tough decision to make as Daniels is the more skilled QB, but Eveld seems to be the better option right now.​
    Still not too happy with my offensive play, but it's getting better.​
    Players of the Game:​
    [​IMG]
    17-30 313 yards, 3 TD​
    [​IMG]
    3 Tkls, 1 TFL, 3 ATK, 1 BIG Interception​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Orange Stuffed by the Gophers
    Syracuse took their undefeated record to Minnesota this week to face the Golden Gophers, and returned home with their first loss of the season. The Orange offense could never get much going throughout the game and lost to the Big Ten foe 17 - 6. They always seemed to come up just short of putting the ball into the end zone or picking up a key 3rd down conversion on several occasions. For instance, trailing 10 - 0 with :05 left in the 1st half, QB Ryan Nassib launched a hail mary bomb that was caught by WR Marcus Sales but he was tackled at the 3 as time expired. Syracuse never got any closer as the Minnesota defense held them to 9 total yards rushing and 3/12 on 3rd down. On a good note, the Orange defense played almost equally well and limited the Golden Gophers to 93 passing yards and also 3/12 on 3rd down. Next week, Syracuse will be licking their wounds during their bye and prepare for their conference opener at home vs Pittsburgh in 2 weeks.
    ScreenHunter_221 Aug. 08 09.58.jpg
    ScreenHunter_222 Aug. 08 09.58.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. onaradio34

Great work fellas!!

6. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

By A Razor's Edge

Ducks survive a thrilling 21-13 game against Arizona​
    [​IMG]
    Capture5.PNG
    Capture6.PNG
    This one was to close!!!!​

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  7. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

Thank goodness for Barner!!!!! lol

8. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Virginia Tech vs. Cincinnati
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (I had a nice written summary I was working on instead, but I accidentally exited out of the window and I didn't have it anymore so I went with this :cool:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. onaradio34

10. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

onaradio34 Thanks, I knew it was going to be a struggle if the Boise State game early in the season taught me anything. I was surprised my defense held up as well as it did honestly, Virginia Tech started running the option for a couple of plays in the first and second quarter and if they kept at it the game probably would have turned out different. Thats two top 25 teams the Bearcats have downed so far, hoping we can get lucky number 3 against Rutgers later on in the season.

Looks like you have quite a doozy against @SickNaban tonight if I do say so myself. Good luck to the both of ya.

11. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    West Virginia Rebounds After Loss to Oregon
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Player of the Game: QB Geno Smith - West Virginia - 18/28, 445 Yards, 7 TDs, 8 Car, 69 Yards, 1 TD

12. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

NeuroticTruth I know the Mountaineers are good but I didn't think Maryland was that big of a pushover...nice work!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Juicemann03

Juicemann03 Walk On

[​IMG] # Cal 7 7 0 0 14
    [​IMG] # USC 7 14 0 21 42

FIRST QUARTER​

6:50​
    TD​
    [​IMG] Cal Darius Powe WR #85 75 yard TD from Zach Maynard QB #15 (Cole Leininger K #7 kick)
    2:41​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Curtis McNeal HB #22 8 yard TD (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)

SECOND QUARTER​

6:20​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Curtis McNeal HB #22 1 yard TD (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)
    2:14​
    TD​
    [​IMG] Cal Bryce Treggs WR #81 64 yard TD from Zach Maynard QB #15 (Cole Leininger K #7 kick)
    0:18​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Victor Blackwell WR #85 67 yard TD from Matt Barkley QB #7 (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)

FOURTH QUARTER​

6:57​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Curtis McNeal HB #22 5 yard TD (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)
    3:52​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Victor Blackwell WR #85 13 yardfrom Matt Barkley QB #7 (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)
    2:41​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Isiah Wiley CB #14 91 yard TD (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)

14. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    It seemed like my WRs were always open. I think the fact that it was a home rivalry game really helped me out in distancing myself. The 102 yard missed FG return by Bailey too didnt help matters.