Week 4 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Lee.Flex, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Week 4 Summaries

PUT 'EM ON THE BOARD!

Air Force : 40
    Utah : 34
    (OT)

Game was almost a heartbreaker! Air Force would find themselves up 21-9 after the half.... but after the 3rd Qtr it was 21-19. Utah had a great running game going and kept coming back. It was 34-19 when Utah socred 2 TD's in a 40 second period. 34-34

QB Jefferson was pulled form the game after missing 4 throws to WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS! Bush came into replace him and went 2/4 for 25 Yards, 6 carries for 38 Yards. Although he didn't do anything special... he didn't make any mistakes and he managed the game well.

RB Asher Clark ran 19 Times for 144 Yards and 1 TD, he caught the ball 3 times for 12 Yards. Freshman RB C.Getz had a good game, rushing 9 times for 40 Yards and 1TD and catching a 37 Yard pass for a TD.

OVERTIME:
    Here it is - This was the play that won the game in OT.
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8X_AZNw_cbU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8X_AZNw_cbU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

2. BG

BG On The Rize!

Nice Pitch!!! Good way to get in the Win Column!

3. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Tulane 73 SMU 17
    Nothing much to report here. SMU's QB had a nightmarish game, throwing 4 picks, being sacked about 7 times and pressured on numerous occasions. I think they ended up 2-13 on 3rd downs. Tulane RB Barnett ended up with 331 yds on 31 carries including an 89 yarder as Tulane was trying to run out the clock. QB Moore was woefully inaccurate but ended up with 5 TD passes in 2 and a half qtrs due to his receivers making plays after the catch. Defense was once again stout.

4. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

FIU is on a bye week...They look to dominate Arkansas State next week.

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

hahahaha

6. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

LoL i wouldn't even pitch in that situation... man what if he threw it no where near my team... that would suck

7. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

Last year Houston needed a last second interception to seal the deal against Texas Tech...

for the 2nd straight game, Houston's pick 6 looked to be another key play of the game in the 4th qtr.

Beating Texas Tech 35-21

my QB had a mistake free game, i think i know how to use him now but might be too late hes a senior :(

Key play of the game :
    [YOUTUBE]QAUFdsA-fo4[/YOUTUBE]

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Wow moment of the week:

WKU 17 North Texas 14

9. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Congrats, and you were telling me you were on your way to 0-12! Have faith, man.

10. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Uab Blazes through with a squeaker

Uab invited #15 Wisconsin to a football game where they were picked to lose big in this game. Well don't tell their coach that. He came out and threw the ball and ran the ball. The only problem was turnovers. Uab had another turnover plagued game. "we really need to learn to quit turning it over but i am proud of my guys they overcame the turnovers and pulled out a big victory for us. The game was clo at halftime. Uab had a 21-20 lead going into half time. They got the ball and with both teams not moving on the first drive of the second half. Uab scored on a td run by fitzgerald with 58 seconds left to go in the 3rd quarter. Not long after that Wisconsin comes right back and scores a td of their own and go for two. They were stopped and were down by two with 6:15 left. Uab ended up punting and wisconsin took the ball down and scored with 1:28 left in the game and went for two again and missed. Down by 4 with 1:28 left Uab moves the ball down the field and score with a 1 yd run with 19 seconds left and the defense holds to take a 35-32 victory.

Freshman qb Miranda had poise on the final drive in a game where he threw 3 ints in an 8-19 159 yd game but he hit Forrest with a 44 yard pass and was 2-2 on that drive "coach came to me and said we are going to run the ball after my 3rd int, i have been working hard on not turning it over and can see why he wanted to run. Before the final drive he came to me and said i have full faith in you and lets show the world why u chose Uab this year and why we chose you."

Well he did just that but the player of the game was Fitzgerald who ran 45 times for 276 yds and 6tds. He lost two fumbles but had to 50 plus yard runs and came up big when needed most. Up next are 2 conference road games. Its to early to talk about bowl games but uab has a great chance at making a good bowl.

11. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I've been saying that after week 1

I really should not have won this game, I somehow jumped out early and held on will post highlights later.

12. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

WKU 17 North Texas 14

WKU jumped out to a 17-0 lead with solid D and a missed FG return for TD by Cooper. They pounded the ball on the ground and they were rewarded with 17-14 win.

Bruce led the way with 36 yards passing
    Rainey 139 yards rushing
    Cooper 32 yards receiving and missed fg return for td
    Bullard 7 tackles
    Clendenin 1 sack extends school career record, now has 9.

[YOUTUBE]yhyaXlefWA4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]1Bk0entxwUA[/YOUTUBE]

13. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Ohio vs Kent State

Kent State was up 35-0 at half time. Ohio had 2 costly interceptions inside their own 20 and Kent State played pesky defense that limited Ohio to 4 first downs and 82 yards in the first half.

In came the subs for the 2nd half as the game was in hand.

Kent State wins 48-7 in a terrific all around performance.

Game ball goes to freshman receiver Mitchell who had a breakout game with 15 receptions for 153 yards and 4TDs. Mitchell picked up the slack for WR Robinson, the top receiver that was lost for the season due to a broken collarbone in the previous week. Sadly, Robinson is graduating this year so his career is done at KS.

14. Emmdotfrisk

Just beat cinch 27-13 in a nailbiter! I will be posting the stats later today. Looks like drunken is the only guy left to pla, we are moving quite well guys

15. Emmdotfrisk

Oh and the user v user match!

16. BG

BG On The Rize!

Nevada vs San Jose State

San Jose played Nevada tough throughout the first half. The stimead the Nevada running game, which had gained over 250 rushing yds the previous two contest. RB Randall was held in check the first half only gaining 47 yds on 8 carries.

Kaepernick was able to take over; however, throwing for 2 Td's in the first half to give the Wolfpack a 21-9 halftime lead.

Randall was able to get it goes in the second half. He ran for 99yds on 14 car and was able to score 2 Td's as the Wolfpack defense shutdown San Jose St's offense; limiting them to 3 yds on 27 attempts.

The win improves Nevada to 3-0(1-0) on the season. Nevada's next game is against in state foe, UNLV, who's 0-3(0-0) record isn't a real indicator of their potential. They have played some good competition, in the likes of Wisc and Idaho.

Final Score:

Nevada 49

San Jose St 9

Nevada outgained San Jose St in total offense 472-177.

Stat Line:

Player of the Game-

C. Randall 22 car 146 yds, 3 Td's
    (Season Total- 84 car. 637 yds, 14 td's)

17. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Buffalo @ Michigan

Despite going down 14- 0 early the Bulls battled back, to only be down 3 at halftime 17-14. With the Bulls getting the ball at start of the second half they were looking to take the lead, but a turnover ended that hope. Michigan kicked a FG and then after another TO michigan scored a TD and got the 2- point conversion to be up 28-14. Qb Zac Maynard got his act together and led the Bulls on back to back touchdown drives to tie the game with only 1:44 left on the clock. Then on Michigan's drive the unthinkable happened, an interception with a minute left and Buffalo has the ball on their 40 yardline with 2 Timeouts. After Buffalo moved the ball to the Michigan 27, they were forced to kick a fieldgoal with little no time left for the win.

Wide F'n Right!

The rest his history, MIchigan scores in OT, Maynard throws his 5th pick and we go home heartbroken. Hope we can rebound after an almost upset, please fans no death threats to the Kicker, Principe is a good kid! we'll get him next time.