Week 4: Tennessee Oilers(31) at Jacksonville Jaguars(21)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Nov 3, 2009.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Week 4: Tennessee Oilers(31) at Jacksonville Jaguars(21)

Another soggy away game for the titans wearing the 60's houston oilers uniforms in jacksonville monday night. As rumors swirled about a big name trade coming soon the titans coach ox wanted to come out strong with big plays and strong defense. The first quater ended with a score of 10-0 titans. Another big interception for Finnagan and a beautiful pass from young to rookie kenny britt.
    In the second quater the jags defense locked down the titans and the teams traded touchdowns for a halftime score of 17-7.
    The third quarter was all titans as the coach of the titans pulled some big plays out of the bag. The jags sold out to the run by blitzing everyone to stop the chris johnson wild cat attack, after noticing this coach ox called wildcat PA pass and lendel white threw a duck to bo scaife for a 41 yard touchdown. After a punt by the jags inside the 5 the titans were once again noticing the all or nothing blitzing by the jags and vince young found justin gage wide open down field on a questionable throw by OMFL standards. Jags Coach cougs contends vince young was wide of the numbers and titans coach responds that vince was on the the edge. Due to the length of the play the replay started when the ball down field and vince young on the ground on the numbers. A bad throw by vince and a good catch lined up gage to truck stick over a jag DB and run for a 90yd td.
    The titans let up on the gas in the fourth and the jags scored 14 unanswered due to good playcalling and david garrard running crazy out of the backfield. Too little, too late as the titans hold on and win 31-21 over the jaguars.

Titans:
    Rushing Yards- 80 yds
    Passing Yards- 252 yds
    Total Offense- 332 yds

V. Young - 10-13 211 yds 2TD
    C. Johnson - 19 rush 69 yds 1TD
    L. White - 16 yds rushing, 1 passing touchdown
    K. Bullock 7 tackles 1 int

Jags:
    Rushing Yards- 81 yds
    Passing Yards- 215 yds
    Total Offense- 296 yds

D. Garrard 16-29 228 yds 3td 2int
    M. Jones- Drew 7 rush 48 yds
    T. Holt- 5 rec 40yds 1TD

Due to some controversy of a play the titans coach has told the jaguars coach if he feels wronged then we can play again. Take 7 away and the titans would still have won, and to tell the truth, more than likely would win the replay if played. No response yet from the jags but PMs post game seem to indicate he will decline and look forward to the rematch.
    The titans face a top 5 opponent this week in the Colts. The schedule is getting tougher as the titans rally from an 0-2 start to battle back to 2-2.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

No replay needed. If I would have got within one score maybe, but good game. . .nothing cheezy just a couple of things that he probably didn't realize. But it was a fun game and I look forward to the rematch!

What a tough division I am in. My online record outside of the OMFL is 40-25. . .and that is LAST in this division....WOW!

Will definately make me a better player. Hopefully I can turn things around and make a run towards the end, as I feel my toughest 6 games this year will be inside of my division.

Here's my guarantee. . .the 2nd and 3rd place finishers in the AFC South WILL make the playoffs.....guaranteed!

3. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

agreed, seems every team in our division has skill, gonna be a long year. see ya in 5 weeks