Week 4 (User vs. User) Game Spotlight

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Week 4 (User vs. User) Game Spotlight

This is something new to spotlight the user vs. user games here at Zeroes to Heroes.

[​IMG]
    Memphis
    3-0

vs.
    [​IMG]
    UTEP
    2-1

AND

[​IMG]
    Utah State
    1-2

vs.
    [​IMG]
    San Diego State
    2-0

We are now open for discussion !!!

2. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

Memphis has been rolling along.. Over their last two games they're averaging something like a 51.5 points per game win *margin*.

However, UTEP's only loss was to a nationally ranked Houston team that has a quarterback with God-like numbers.. Keenum's 44-54 for 700+ yards, 6 TD's and no picks if I remember right.... Pretty insane.. Furthermore, UTEP *shut out* Houston in the second half of that game.. Pretty crazy.

I really think this is going to be an awesome game.. I wish I could watch it =/

If I had to pick a winner.. I'd say Memphis just going by their win margin thus far (though their competition has been super weak)

As for SDSU vs. Utah St....

Utah St. has seemed to struggle, but has really seemed to be learning alot with each each game. I think SDSU has the edge in this one, but we'll see.

3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Im going to gather some stats etc and post them in a bit. Both of these games look to be great match ups.

4. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

looking forward to this...hopefully 4-0 is in the near future!

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

We will have to see about that whole 4 and 0 thing!

6. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

haha it should be a fun game, im excited

7. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Here are some quick offensive stats for these two games.

Memphis
    Smith, Lance HB 50 attempts/ 544 yds 5td
    Gregory, Ray HB 26 attempts/302 yds 6td
    Rucker, Markus WR 19 catch/9 td - 518 yds
    Baker , Cam WR 15 catch/2td-212 yds

Bass, Tyler QB 86 attempts/42 comp. 3 int 11 td 835 yds

vs.

UTEP
    Vittatoe, Trevor QB 43attempts/27 comp. 4 int 1 td 337 yds
    Buckram, Donald HB 61 attempt-1 fumb-7td - 552 yds
    Kemp, Donovan WR 8 catch/ 2 td / 110 yds
    Adams, Kris WR 4 catch/ 68yds
    Frazier, Vernon HB 18 attempts/2 fumb/ 2td/189 yds

And for the 2nd game

San Diego St
    Lindley, Ryan QB/76 attempt/39 comp/3 int/7td/647 yds
    Sullivan, Brandon HB 53 attemp/2 fumb/9td/410 yds
    Kazee, Walter HB 9attemp/1 fumb/100 yds
    Umuolo, Alston TE 11 catch/1 td/196 yds
    Sandifer, Dominique WR 6 catch/2 td/121 yds

vs.

Utah State
    Borel, Diodre QB/ 60 attemp/28 comp/4 int/1 td/ 322 yds
    Turbin, Robert HB /58 attemp/2 fumb/ 2 td/ 197 yds/16 catches/116 yds
    Morgan, Mikhail WR / 7 catch/ 102 yds

8. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

"Memphis has a very solid offensive attack there is no doubt about that. However, we, UTEP, know this and are going to stick to our normal game plan of using our offense as a second form of defense. With good ball control we believe we can keep a high powered Memphis off the field for most the game, while still putting points on the board in order to secure a victory. Also, due to recent struggles on the field by our starting QB we will implement a two QB system this week in order to establish competition at a position where we thought certain players had a sense of entitlement."

As for the second user vs user game it looks like once again Utah State will be fighting an uphill battle (story of their programs history). San Diego State has gotten off to a great start on both sides of the ball it seems. I know the Coach believes in his Utah squad, we will have to see if the players are on board with him. I'm going SDSU by one score.

9. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Memphis vs UTEP: Both teams are off to a great start this season and I think Memphis has the advantage due to their QB play. Although both team can definitely run the ball, will UTEP's QB be able to step up and deliver the ball downfield when the Miner's need it most? The key to the game would be for UTEP to slow down the pace somewhat and try to grind this game out with their running attack...a few defensive stops wouldn't hurt either! If Memphis capitalizes on some quick scores, the momentum could be too much for UTEP to overcome, as they will be forced to throw the ball, which up to this point, has not been their strong point this season. Prediction: Memphis 41, UTEP 27

Utah State vs San Diego State: The Aztecs have raced out of the gates and plowed through everyone in their path. This week, they go up against a very motivated and upset-minded Utah State squad. On paper, the Aztecs should have no problems against the Aggies. With a balanced pass/run attack, the Aztecs should score early and often. However, the Aggies have gotten better throughout the weeks and you can bet that they aren't rolling over for this one. The Aggies have to minimize their turnovers and keep this score close heading into the final quarter. If they can do that, the Aggies will definitely put themselves in a position to win the game. Prediction: Aztecs 38, Aggies 17

10. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

Final Memphis 35 UTEP 13

Memphis running game continued their dominance on the ground and provided the spark needed to beat a good UTEP team thats on the rise. Qb Tyler Bass was a nonfactor in the game completing only 4 passes. The game ball goes to rb Lance Smith who rushed for over 200 yrds for the second time this season.

UTEP Memphis
    1st Downs 23 15
    3rd down efficiency 40 66.67
    4th down efficiency 0 0
    Total Yards 342 416
    Passing 132 76
    Completion Attempts 12 - 21 4 - 6
    Yards Per Pass 6.29 12.67
    Rushing
    Rushing Attempts 24 28
    Yards Per Rush 3.79 8.89
    Turnovers 1 0
    Fumbles Lost 1 0
    Interceptions Thrown 0 0
    Possession 15:42 16:29

11. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Congrats on the win! Memphis is definitely eyeing a bowl game right now.

12. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

San Diego State 28 Utah State 0

San Diego State Utah State
    1st Downs 14 22
    3rd down efficiency 71.43 28.57
    4th down efficiency 0 33.33
    Total Yards 278 323
    Passing 154 111
    Completion Attempts 10 - 9 11 - 24
    Yards Per Pass 17.11 4.63
    Rushing
    Rushing Attempts 23 19
    Yards Per Rush 4.7 5.95
    Turnovers 0 3
    Fumbles Lost 0 2
    Interceptions Thrown 0 1
    Possession 16:54 15:57

13. bdub

bdub Walk On

San Diego State 28 Utah State 0

The Aggies go down again in what proved to be another frustrating loss for their new coach.

Coach B was very frustrated with his teams inability to get into the end zone, failing twice on 4th downs and throwing a pick all in the red zone.

We must improve our red zone efficiency if we hope to be successful this year.

Offense

QB Diodre Borel
    11/24 for 111 yards and 1 interception

HB Robert Turbin
    81 yards on 17 carries
    4 catches for 24 yards

WR Mikhail Morgan
    3 catches for 28 yards

Defense

LB Junior Keiaho
    4 tackles and 1 sack

Next week the Aggies will play host to in state rival BYU in what will prove to be a hotly contested match up.

14. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Although the stats showed a close game this game was anything but close. After feeling each other out and stalling on their first possessions both teams seemed to have a lot of respect for one another, this would change. After one of the most impressive runs of the year Memphis' Lance Smith scampered over the left side and was smacked 15 yards down the field, however, UTEPs defender underestimated Smith's strength and he was able to spin out and take it to the house. That would be the end of the game for the Miners. After that they were dominated on both sides of the ball and had no answers for Memphis' defensive and offensive schemes. A usually talkative and very boisterous UTEP head coach had just a few choice words for reports after the game. "They flat out kicked our ass. After Smith's run we just gave up. O-line didn't block, maybe I'll sign them up for bull fighting because they looked like matadors out there. Defense was stagnant. LBs and DBs were no were to be found on run support. We sucked that's all I have to say."​