Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by trutest, Dec 5, 2009.

1. trutest

trutest Walk On

Jul 26, 2009
    Week 4

pls post game summary here
  2. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

May 3, 2009
    After 5 fumbles, the Jets were up 20-3 over the Jags, another fumble happens, and! DC....
  3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Aug 13, 2009
    GB 49
    Wash 35

Washington started out tough scoring easily. Green Bay hand no troubles scoring either and easily took a 14-7 until Portis broke a huge one on the tough Packer rush defense. After the half Green Bay took a 28-14 lead only to see it evaporate due to a TD pass and a pick 6. Right after the pick 6 Will Blackmon does his job and takes a 97 yd kickoff to the house. I could see that one coming as he had been nearly breaking them all day. But the Skins powerful rush comes out and ties it up again. 35-35. But wait!! Blackmon does it again, he takes his second kick on the day to the house!! This time a 100 yard return. After that Washington could not do anything on offense as Green Bay's defense stepped up and forced stops and turnovers. The Kampman Barnett Linebacker Duo saved the day. But the Skins played tough D when it came to the Packers rushing the ball. CPU played tough, I was surprised. Packers rise to 2-2, Skins fall to 0-4.

A. Rodgers 23/29, 373 yds, 4 TD

B. Westbrook 14 Att, 51 yds, 4 Rec, 67 yds (most from a TD screen), 2 Total TD

G. Jennings 9 Rec, 118yds, 2 TD

J. Nelson 5 Rec, 100 yds...Glad he is finally making himself known.

Now for the Linebacker Duo:

Kampman 5 Solo Tack, 2 Ast, 2 TFL, 2 Sack

Barnett 5 Solo Tack, 2 Ast, 1 INT

And for the man of the day, Green Bay Player of the Game:

Will Blackmon 6 KR, 325 yds, 2 KR TD...100 yard return was his long for the day!!

We did have some bad news on the day as Brian Westbrook was hurt for 3 weeks with Broken Ribs. We hope this Bye Week helps out and maybe shortens his recovery in time to play the Pats.
  4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Feb 21, 2009
    Lions 37
    Vikings 7

The Lion Defense finally did something right, only allowing one score on a long run by AP. Stafford had a so-so day with 1 int and 1 TD while throwing for over 250 yards. WR Derrick Williams had the first 100 yard receiving day of his career. The Vikings could not stop the balanced attack led by Stafford and RBs Kevin Smith and Aaron Brown who combined for over 130 yards of rushing.
  5. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Feb 11, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Colts 42
    Eagles 17

Kelvin Hayden was the star early as he had 2 ints in the 1st quarter, returning 1 for a TD and a forced fumble at the beginning of the 2nd quarter as the Colts jumped out to a 28-0 lead and never looked back. Colts RBs combined for 160 yards and 3 TDs in the game. Defense played a solid game. GG Bruce.
  6. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

May 3, 2009

Jets 38
    Jags 35

Very good game overall, I have to say I don't know if I deserved this one. He stripped me 4 times and I recovered all of them (fight for fumble), including a key fumble with 1:50 left on my 32. The passing game was electric for the Jets today, Mark Sanchez threw 34 balls and completed 28 of them for 423 yards, 5 touchdowns, 2 INT's. The player of the game, Miles Austin, had a record breaking day. Catching 5 passes, for 257 yards and 3 touchdowns. The 3 touchdowns, Austin was wide open. One was a 57 yarder, 80 yarder, and 76 yarder. Not many rushing yards for the Jets, but the Jags had over 230 with just one man, he was MJD. Tim Tribow only passed for over 200 yards, 2 touchdowns. He missed around 6 guys that would have been TD's, because of the Jets pressure. No sacks on the day for the Jets, but mass pressure.

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Feb 11, 2009
    GG HR, we knew right away we werent doing anything in this one, the second pick was crazy as our player was open the ball just seemed to work its way over or through him, and we had a couple shots at picks thrown right to us we just dropped. Got our azzez kicked.

The turnovers and lack of them will kill you. HotRod does a great job on O, you cant take everything away from him and if he has time his reads and Manning will chew you up.
  8. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Oct 25, 2009
    Saints 24 Panthers 21

Great game in New Orleans between the two teams that look to fight for the division this year, the Saints and Panthers. The Saints jumped out to an early 7-0 lead on an 18-yard Pierre Thomas TD run after Reggie Bush was knocked out of the game (and the next 4 weeks.) Carolina's D stepped up the rest of the first half, and the offense capitalized on two Delhomme TD passes. Things were looking grim for the Saints as the Panthers were driving at the end of the first half to build on their 7 point lead before the rooke SS Henderson picked Delhomme that set up a QB Sneak TD run by Brees with 20 seconds left in the first half. The second half was a defensive battle...The Panthers held a 21-17 lead with 2 minutes left in the game before Brees hit Colston on 3rd and Goal to put the Saints up 3 points. The Panthers quickly marched back down the field. However, they decided to abandon their run game inside the red zone and Delhomme threw his 3rd INT of the game in the end zone to newly acquired Jarvis Moss of Saints to seal the game! Pierre Thomas ended the game with 139 yards on just 18 carries and a score.

GG Fooath
  9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Sep 23, 2009
    Bills 35
    Dolphins 21

Close game. Marshawn Lynch ran for over 100 yards and 2 scores and the Bills defense forced 4 interceptions.
  10. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Feb 22, 2009
    Giants 50 something
    Cowboys - 10 or so

Not much to say here other than obviously Jersey has played this game about 100x more than me and is 10,000x better than me. Every pass over about 10 - 15 yards from Romo, anything that had any air under it, was either user picked or CPU picked so really no shot to do much on offense. I am not a big fan of the user pick, which I counted a few of in this game, so the game quickly became a blowout and not very fun to play. Jersey was up I believe 42 or 45 - 0 late in the first quarter and we basically spent the rest of the game running out the clock.