Week 5 2011 Now Open - Deadline 9.23.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Sep 21, 2010.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 5 2011 Now Open - Deadline 9.23.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Week 5 Now Open

Please complete by September 23, 2010 7:00 a.m. EST

GBN v. GBN =

Akron (DJNNFL) @ Western Michigan (Lambeau)

Buffalo (mikedredd) @ NIU (Vols)

Scheduling threads will be up shortly.

[YOUTUBE]eBShN8qT4lk&ob=av3e[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks!

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Scheduling threads up. FYI - my internet access will be somewhat limited until Wed afternoon. I am scheduled to fly back tomorrow from my trip to DC. If I am needed feel free to send me a PM here at TF.

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

going to make purdue my biatch later today

4. NDCOLTS1979

Ok i am beating Purdue by 3 gget the ball and throw an 80 yard td pass and blame i am kicked out of psn. I try to get on and i can't i get errors and it says my login and password are incorrect which is full of shit. i try to get into forgot password which i havent and i get an error there as well

5. NDCOLTS1979

psn going to be down for 9 hours today apparently with a maintence of the network damn guys could of waited till i was done with purdue fu psn

6. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Dammit.

I crept home to do this now. Balls. Back to my desk....

7. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Same here just found it the same as Greg's also

8. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Yeah guys PSN is down until tonight. Thankfully, we advanced this morning b/c it could have been dicey for me tonight trying to advance.

9. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Cool. I'm happy just to recruit now. or I should say, I'm happy just to talk to players as they get more and more love from bigger and better schools. sigh...This recruiting year sure ain't like last recruiting year.

10. NDCOLTS1979

Wish you would of waited lol i was beating purdue and got kicked off my ps3 like a lil bitch. Every recruit i am going after was attending this game. F U Purdue

11. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Damn, well I guess I'll get my game in early tomorrow.

Even though he's the Roadrunner to my Wile E. Coyote, I motion ND gets a replay vs Purdue...unless his conscience gets the best of him and he admits Purdue was really drilling his ass.

12. NDCOLTS1979

Lol you know i wish this was the case cause then i wouldnt be so pissed at psn. I was actually running great this game. 2 50+td runs. Iowa got the best of me thats for sure. Those bitches are going to be eating a rocket next year

13. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

And of course...it's the dreaded system update. :mad:

14. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

When i see a mandatory system update for ps3 i cringe.

15. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Air Force comes into Oxford, OH as heavy favorites but seems ripe for an upset. Both teams trade early TDs, but through different routes. AF got a surprise big pass, while Miami had a nice blend of medium passes and strong running. After forcing another 3 and out, Miami drove the length of the field and was getting ready to take the lead.

Fumble prone backup HB, Willie Culpepper, got the ball stripped and it was returned 89 yards for the TD. Disbelief choked the stadium, and AF got another TD by some slick running. 21-7 them, and the train was leaving the station.

Miami QB Zac Dysert refuses to be accurate, missing very wide open receivers on a regular basis. Not too much cheese on the CPUs part last night, there wasn't as much BNR/blitz pressure as usual. The funniest slice of cheddar was perpetrated by their CB, though.

I called a pass with the WR running a go, and the slot guy running a skinny post. The safety had blitzed, and no one was on the slot. So I watch the CB turn his back and run stride for stride with the WR. This means I'm going to hit the slot guy for 6. As soon as I hit the button, the CB takes a hard right without turning his head, flies three steps to cover 20 yards, and beats the receiver to the ball for the swat. Sure...it could happen. Buly if i'm the sucker.

Miami drops to 0-5. Next up Temple. We'll look for our first win the week after that.

16. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

GG last night Mike...

NIU jumps out to a 24-0 lead over Buffalo last night. Then with 4 minutes to play Buffalo scores a TD, 2pt conversion fails. NIU fumbles the kickoff....Buffalo scores again. 2pt conversion fails again. Buffalo's defense holds for a 3 & Out. Buffalo scores again to now make the score 24-19

The onside kick fails, and NIU runs the clock out

Great come back man, thought I was going to blow it

17. onaradio34

Temple storms back from 21-0 to win 28-24 over CMU. Whoever had this team and quit (not BDawg) could have had the courtesy of changing the scheme back on offense. Instead when you play CMU get ready for a hurry-up flex bone offense. Dumbest thing I've seen in a while. Pull out your 4-4 D also, it's the only thing I found that would stop their option.

18. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

damn, that sucks. hopefully you beat them when you replay it.

19. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

The Commish is back from DC.

If there was any question YES you can replay your game v. Purdue. I'll get my game in tonight when I get home from work.

20. NDCOLTS1979

Toledo wins 31-28 with last second FG Toledo ran over 40 times for over 200 yards and controlled the game on the ground again for the 2nd time. This time PSN did non lube my anal cavity and i hope all 10 recruits enjoyed their visit to this game

21. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

New coach getting used to Buffalo and their wide open offense being run by a left handed qb...can be quite an adjustment...NO EXCUSES! NO EXPLANATIONS! Going over the importance of each man executing his responsibilities and will definitely be having long practices this week focusing on the teaching of the fundamentals of tackling for the defense...getting our qb to settle down in the pocket...next up is Akron at home...I know the Zips will be ready to go...at this point I am looking for consistency in execution and production from every man on the team...no one's starting position is safe...whoever gets the job done will be in there...simple as that

22. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Got Dam!

Now, I want to play that coach! Welcome aboard, Mike.

23. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

Glad to be aboard the GBN...shot out to Vols...good lookin out

24. onaradio34

Take a pic and get you a sig dredd. Good to have another member, welcome.

25. NDCOLTS1979

Only requirement mike is to beat Temple lol