Week 5 2011

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Aug 29, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Week 5 2011

We are now down 3 players. Lilmaggie is taking over commish responsibilities for League of Champions so he'll understandably be leaving us. BriOSU99 is leaving because he said he 'spread himself too thin' and is in too many ODs. I think that's pretty weak. If he had just recently joined then I could buy that but he has been in here just as long as the rest of us. It annoys me because I state in the beginning to only join this dynasty if you're really interested because it's hard finding replacements. He also stated he didn't like being called out for his playcalling but more users took up for him than not and he's innocent until proven guilty. I don't know if him quitting the week he's supposed to play me means anything but he won't be welcomed back and, if asked, won't be getting a good recommendation from me to the rest of TF.

Also, I had to sim one game last week, the ULL/Idaho game. I hope you guys understand that I have to keep the schedule. If not, there isn't any point using these bad teams because we won't get anywhere-recruiting being what it is.

Welcome to Week 5!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-4) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 48-7 against Penn State (3-1).
    This week, the Eagles travel to Kalamazoo to face the #20 Western Michigan Broncos (4-0).

=============== Idaho Vandals (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Idaho lost 31-22 against UL Lafayette (2-2).
    This week, the Vandals travel to Logan to face the Utah State Aggies (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Idaho targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Antoine Lucas has committed to Idaho

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 31-21 against Mid Tenn State (0-3).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host UAB (1-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) CB Kenny Wilson has committed to Bowling Green

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Hilltoppers were idle.
    This week, the Hilltoppers will host UL Monroe (0-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Kentucky targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) WR Vernon McCall has committed to Western Kentucky

=============== UAB Blazers (1-3) ===============
    Last week, UAB lost 24-0 against Western Michigan (4-0).
    This week, the Blazers travel to Kent to face the Kent State Golden Flashes (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) DT Pat Nelson has committed to UAB

=============== #20 Western Michigan Broncos (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 24-0 against UAB (1-3).
    This week, the Broncos will host Eastern Michigan (0-4).

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State won 28-17 against UL Monroe (0-4).
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to West Point to face the Army Black Knights (0-4).

=============== Utah State Aggies (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Utah State won 24-14 against Army (0-4).
    This week, the Aggies will host Idaho (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) CB Jordan Keyes has committed to Utah State

=============== Army Black Knights (0-4) ===============
    Last week, Army lost 24-14 against Utah State (3-1).
    This week, the Black Knights will host Arkansas State (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) HB Stephen Petty has committed to Army

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (2-2) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette won 31-22 against Idaho (2-2).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns will host Mid Tenn State (0-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Lafayette targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Chad Hall has committed to UL Lafayette

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

So my victory over UL Monroe caused a retirement? Cuz that's what I read into the situation haha

3. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

That must have been some kind of beating you put on him.

4. nikpin

Michigan MAC Championship

#20 Western Michigan 41
    Eastern Michigan 3

In the oddly scheduled series were Eastern Michigan has to travel to Kalamazoo in consecutive years the Eagles fair no better the 2nd time around receiving a thrashing defeat. The Broncos fans were full of booze and relishing their #20 ranking and brought an electric atmosphere to Waldo Stadium.

The game was extremely one sided on the scoreboard as Western Michigan led the entire game and Eastern Michigan rarely drove the ball deep into WMU territory. The closest it ever got was 10-3 WMU but that lasted a mere :29 as WMU quickly drove down and kicked a FG to go into the half 13-3.

The Broncos came out on fire in the 2nd half as the Eagles had absolutely no answer for the ground came and Alex Carder found FB Jordan Brooks slipping into the flats for a 34 yard TD scamper to widen the gap to 20-3(highlight uploaded). Western Michigan punishing ground attack was led by Aaron Winchester's 20 carries for 151 yards and 3 scores while backup Antoin Scriven ran 5 times for 110 yards and a TD. Over 31 carries Western Michigan averaged 9.9 yards per carry. Carder wasn't quite as efficient as last week only going 9/12 for 170 yards and 1 TD. The air attack hasn't been needed much the last two weeks.

Eastern Michigan was actually able to put together a decent day with 19 first downs and 291 total yards while only turning the ball over once. They just never had a big play to break the game open but after the game Coach Crumb said he hopes to find that threat in Ohio State transfer James Jackson who will be a redshirt junior next season but bring explosiveness in the form of 95 SPD and 97 ACC.

Western Michigan hangs on to the Michigan MAC trophy for a second consecutive year. To check out 5 uploaded highlights go here Western Michigan 41 Eastern Michigan 3

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UAB - 31
    Kent State - 26

Full write up in the AM.

What does FML mean. I asked Jqwon13 but he never got back to me. Im old and dont know all you youngsters slang :)

6. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Wild Finish in Utah

The Idaho Vandals continue in their quest for a CUSA Championship with a big win on the road at Utah State. After jumping out to an early 10-0 lead, the Vandals took a comfortable 17-7 advantage into halftime. The third quarter was scoreless, and in the final period both teams unleashed a flurry of offense to combine for 37 4th quarter points.

Early in the 4th, Idaho kicker Trey Farquhar booted a 34 yard attempt to put the Vandals up 20-7. But the Utah State Aggies weren't done. They answered when Trevor Brown hit Keeger Anderson on a 17 yard TD strike with under 3 minutes to go. Pulling to within 6, the Aggies were excited. On Idaho's first play from scrimmage, however, Sr RB Princeton McCarty busted a counter play up B gap and outran the free safety to the sideline as he took it in for the 75 yard score just 14 seconds after the Utah State touchdown. With the lead again a breathable 13 points, the Aggies went back to work.

QB Jeff Fischer was able to lead a potent no huddle attack down the field and toss a 7 yard touchdown pass with under 2 minutes left. Again, the Aggies were within 6, but it would be up to the Aggie defense to get a stop.

Get a stop they did. A quick 3 and out gave the ball back to the Aggies with a minute and a half. Down 6. This time, the Aggies were able to take advantage of an Idaho linebacker that seemed to lack any kind of coverage abilities, and as Fischer zipped in ball after ball, the Aggies soon found the endzone to take the lead with a minute left to play.

A kickoff return showed promise early, but a slew of Utah State defenders swarmed the return man like JQwon's family on government cheese. With under a minute to go, and down 27-28, the Vandals had 75 yards to go. The first play netted nothing. 2nd and 10. 74 yards away from the endzone. When Sr QB Bryan Reader dropped back to survey the field, he saw just what he wanted to see. Everyone was covered. He calmly flipped the ball out to McCarty, and by the time the Utah State defense realized it was a screen, it was too late. McCarty set up his blocks and sprinted downfield. When the Aggie safety tried to push McCarty out of bounds, he got tossed aside like last week's meatloaf and McCarty outran the rest of the Utah State defense to the endzone. The 74 yard screen play put the Vandals up 5, and Coach CenTechsan elected to go for two, feeling that if the Aggies got the touchdown they needed, the extra point would be automatic. On his first carry of the game, QB Bryan Reader was stuffed on the 2 point conversion try.

With seconds left in the game, Utah State took over again, but with so little time left on the clock, the Vandal defense was able to sit back and guard the deep ball. A few incompletions later, the Vandals were able to kneel out the clock and come away with a needed victory to pull to .500 in CUSA play after a sickening defeat last week at the hands of DirtyCashDylan Louisiana-Lafayette.

Thanks to an offensively explosive 4th quarter, the teams combined for over 1100 yards of offense. Statistic details and highlight videos can be found at DynastyWire

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

fuck my life...its a really popular website where people give stories of why they hate their lives, I don't understand why it's so popular but there are some funny stories on there

8. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

nice write up, that screen play was the call of the year. The one thing I wasn't expecting.

9. DirtycashDylan

[YOUTUBE]lrYqHeH_Pk8[/YOUTUBE]

10. DirtycashDylan

WKU-41
    ULM-14

Not much to say really. The Warhawks flexed early when they returned the opening kickoff but it didn't subdue the 8,000 strong Hilltopper faithful. WKU demolished their first conference foe by 27. Bobby Rainey played his first injury-free game of the season. Through 3 games, he had 29 carries for 105 yards. Today he set the tone early with 199 yards on 18 carries with 2 TDs. Rainey still has yet to play an entire game as he sat out the entire 2nd half in favor of Simmons who added 129 yards and 2 TDs of his own. After the game we caught up with Bobby Rainey. "They don't know about this Hilltopper shit. Kentucky Motha Fucka! We fuck dwarves in the ass!" WKU is already thinking post season and beyond as they move to 3-1.

First Quarter
    06:49 TD UL Monroe Anthony McCall WR #83 94 yard kick return TD
    03:31 FG Western Kentucky Monte Merrick K #11 32 yard field goal
    02:08 TD Western Kentucky Kawaun Jakes QB #6 3 yard rush
    Second Quarter
    06:30 TD Western Kentucky Bobby Rainey HB #3 11 yard rush
    06:16 TD Western Kentucky Nick Baisch FB #40 1 yard rush
    03:26 TD Western Kentucky Bobby Rainey HB #3 6 yard rush
    Third Quarter
    02:51 TD UL Monroe Isaiah Newsome HB #25 3 yard rush
    00:16 TD Western Kentucky William Simmons HB #25 9 yard rush
    Forth Quarter
    03:49 FG Western Kentucky Monte Merrick K #11 36 yard field goal
    02:04 TD Western Kentucky William Simmons HB #25 18 yard rush

11. DirtycashDylan

I wanna commend you guys on how fast you got those user games in. We'd be able to advance now if it weren't for 2 cpu games remaining. From now on, if you aren't playing a user then your time limit is 24 hours. Most weeks we'll need longer than that but no sense in waiting on 1 guy who can get his stuff in at anytime. As is, I'm going to give it another 10 hours or so and then advance to week 6. Once again, good job guys. We're flying.

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2011 Week 5
    UAB – 31
    Kent State - 26​

Kent, OH – The 5 game road trip for the Blazers ended this Saturday with a victory over Kent State, 31-26. Although being dominated in most statistical categories, the Blazer managed to take the lead just before halftime on a long TD pass and never looked back. Kent State had 2 key 2nd half turnovers (both highlights on the dynasty wire). One was a pick on the 2nd play of the second half. The other was a fumbled punt just as the Golden Flash were turning the momentum around. That fumbled really sealed the deal for the Blazers as they took the ball in on a long TD run by Jae Fitzgerald.

UAB gets a well deserved bye week coming up after logging all those miles.

GG Jqwon!

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    1 2 3 4 F
    UAB 0 14 7 10 31
    Kent State 7 3 7 9 26

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    UAB Kent State
    First Downs 6 21
    Total Yards 249 415
    Rushes-Yards-TD 21-90-2 22-68-2
    Comp-Att-TD 7-12-2 22-37-1
    Passing Yards 159 347
    Turnovers 0 2
    Fum 0 1
    Int 0 1

Passing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Name Rating Comp Att Yards TD Int
    David Isabelle, UAB 224.6 7 12 159 2 0
    Spencer Keith, Kent State 141.7 22 37 347 1 1

Rushing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Att Yards Avg TD
    Jae Fitzgerald, UAB 13 78 6.0 2
    Jacquise Terry, Kent State 17 50 2.9 2

Receiving
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Rec Yds Avg Td
    Patrick Hearn, WR, UAB 2 58 29.0 1
    Tyshon Goode, WR, Kent State 6 118 19.6 1

Defense
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    Name Tks TFL SK Int FF FR TD
    Daniel White, MLB, UAB 12 1 0 0 0 0 0
    Elias Sayre, RE, Kent State 6 3 3 0 0 0 0

13. nikpin

FMyLife

It's just a saying for example. I threw 37 picks last season, FML. I had sex with dylan's mother and she gave me aids, FML. You know things like that.

14. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

After looking at the stats from that game, I don't know how I lost...FML

15. Bl0ndeRedHead

Arkansas State Shuts Down Army 28-0
    Black Knights can't do anything on offense, Red Wolves completely dominate

[​IMG]

It was a dark, wet night in New York as Arkansas State traveled to West Point to take on the winless Black Knights. After a somewhat slow start, Arkansas State never looked back, completely demolishing Army en route to 28-0 shutout. The offense couldn't be stopped all day, unless it was shooting itself in the foot with bad fumbles (3 total fumbles lost). Army never really got anything started, only managing to get in the red zone in the 4th quarter.

The Black Knights managed only 30 rushing yards all game, and QB T. Steelman was 12-26 for 191 yards and 2 INTs, both in the red zone, costing Army their only chance at getting on the scoreboard. After a fumble to open the game by Lawson, the Red Wolves defense kept Army from gaining positive yards and forced a punt. The long drive after that showed that the Red Wolves were going to be able to move the ball on this defense, and did they ever.

Lawson, who strained his shoulder in the game and will be out 3 weeks, had 109 yards on 18 carries, 67 yards on 5 receptions, and 2 total TDs. Backup Frankie Jackson came in and carried for 51 yards in his stead. TE Kedric Murray had 7 receptions for 65 yards and a TD to lead the Arkansas State receivers. The real player of the game though, was QB Ryan Aplin, who was perfect in this game, all things considered. His 23-26, 272 yard, 3 TD performance could have gone down in NCAA history if it weren't for 3 drops by his receiving corps, his only 3 incompletions of the day. Had they held on, Aplin would have been a perfect 26-26 for over 300 yards most likely. The past 2 weeks, Aplin has been a combined 35-39, 527 yards, and 4 TDs, easily the best 2 week performance in school history.

The second half was just chewing up the clock, as the 21-0 score at half showed who was in control. Army really never stood a chance, and with the Red Wolves offense clicking the way it has, this could be a pretty darn good year for Arkansas State, maybe even a bowl appearance.​

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Winning ugly seems to be my specialty in user games. Either that or I get blown out!