Week 5 2011

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Aug 12, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 5!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (0-3) ===============
    Last week, San Jose State lost 27-24 against Fresno State (2-1).
    This week, the Spartans travel to Las Cruces to face the New Mexico State Aggies (2-1).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 45-12 against Bowling Green (2-1).
    This week, the Golden Flashes are idle.

=============== New Mexico Lobos (0-2) ===============
    Last week the Lobos were idle.
    This week, the Lobos will host FIU (0-3).

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 51-21 against Michigan (2-1).
    This week, the Eagles are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Eastern Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Shawn McDaniel has committed to Tennessee
    - (*) FB Steve Murphy has committed to Cal

=============== UNLV Rebels (0-3) ===============
    Last week, UNLV lost 19-0 against Mid Tenn State (2-1).
    This week, the Rebels will host Akron (0-3).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 19-0 against UNLV (0-3).
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host Illinois (3-0).

=============== New Mexico State Aggies (2-1) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico State won 20-14 against FIU (0-3).
    This week, the Aggies will host San Jose State (0-3).

=============== Florida Atlantic Owls (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida Atlantic won 31-16 against Central Michigan (2-1).
    This week, the Owls will host Arkansas State (1-2).

=============== FIU Golden Panthers (0-3) ===============
    Last week, FIU lost 20-14 against New Mexico State (2-1).
    This week, the Golden Panthers travel to Albuquerque to face the New Mexico Lobos (0-2).

=============== Memphis Tigers (0-3) ===============
    Last week, Memphis lost 32-27 against Kentucky (1-2).
    This week, the Tigers will host Central Michigan (2-1).

=============== Akron Zips (0-3) ===============
    Last week, Akron lost 31-27 against Toledo (2-0).
    This week, the Zips travel to Las Vegas to face the UNLV Rebels (0-3).

2. DirtycashDylan

Week due Sunday night but don't wait that long.

3. DirtycashDylan

4 user games and not one of them played 48 hours in. Time to pick up the pace and get this shit done so we can build some momentum.

Full Moon Fever
    xtreme snoopy
    You guys haven't even started a scheduling thread. What's up?

4. DirtycashDylan

It sucks that EA gave us hot garbage and we couldn't do the Ivy League but it's time to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and get it going.

5. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I like feeling sorry for myself...

6. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

He's outta town till tmrw, was gonna make it tonight so he'd see it tmrw

7. DirtycashDylan

ok sounds good

8. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I upset Illinois with a 4th quarter comeback. Outscore them 14-0 in the final quarter to win 27-23. I'll do a write-up tomorrow. Also DirtycashDylan I'm holding you to your Sunday night deadline!

• Like Like x 1
  9. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

I cant help but look on with a smile as MTSU is on the up and up...

10. CoachRedd

Week 5 Predictions:

SJSU beats NMSU by 10
    Memphis beats what is probably going to be a CPU lead CMU team.
    UNM beats FIU in a game that stays close due to Crumb's running game.
    Oh yeah, and I'm gonna beat Nik's ass.

11. CoachRedd

UNLV gets first Conference win

UNLV 27​
    Akron 14​

Players of the game:​
    UNLV: WR Michael Johnson - 3 receptions, 184 yards, 3 TDs.​
    Akron: WR Nolan Procter 6 receptions, 74 yards, 1 TD​

The first half was a defensive struggle as Nik and I had some troubles getting the offenses going. I had the ball with 1st and goal twice inside the ten yardline and Nik's defense held me to 2 early FGs which took us to halftime at 6-0. Those were pretty much the only highlights of the 1st half. In the 2nd half, however, Nik's offense came out swinging with a nice drive down the field which resulted in an 8 yard TD strike which gave the lead to Akron, 7-6. Up to this point Nik had found a defense that stiffled my option offense and I knew I would have to open up the offense a little bit if I were to move the ball against his great gameplan. With 9 men in the box and Nik's corners on an island, I started attacking the man coverage with star receiver Michael Johnson. With a couple of long passes that turned into TD's, Johnson was able to expose the horrible Akron corners and get three 2nd half touchdown receptions. My defense was able to hold on for the win. GG Nik.​

Next Up: 3-0 Kent State(DCD).​

12. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

FIU 27
    New Mexico 17

The Crumb finally wins a game against another user not named CoachRedd, Steamer, HH or JKyle. This was a 10-10 game at halftime with both teams making a couple of nice outside runs to set up the even scoreline. The defenses did a pretty good job on both sides, and ultimately the defense won the game for FIU. In the second half, FIU was able to turn one of the five turnovers on the day by the New Mexico QB into three points and the ultimate killing blow was a long INT return by an appropriately named defensive back Jose Cheeseborough who ran back an INT for a TD to make the score 20-10. After another failed drive, FIU would score one more TD before New Mexico scored their final one of the day.

GG Qwon.

13. CoachRedd

Nik and Qwon lose on the same week? Crumb and I win on the same week? WTF is going on?

14. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I should have maybe played on this game other than my games in this dyansty... And my offense is just terrible... That pick 6 I threw is what won it for Crumb. It was over after that. My QB is way too shitty to throw an out route. Then somehow my WRs looked like he was drunk and completely missed CHEESEborough on his way to the endzone. Then he breaks the tackle from my RB... FML.

GG Crumb

15. DirtycashDylan

16. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

SJSU - 23
    NMSU - 13

An interception in the final minutes sealed the deal for the Spartans, who get their first win on the year. I lost my starting QB, HB, and WR in the 1st quarter, yet our defense managed to get us good field position on several occasions which allowed us to get an early lead and pull away late. SJSU was up 10-7 at halftime, and fell behind 13-10 in the 3rd before rattling off the final 13 points in the game.

17. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Anybody know if they have fixed the injury stuff?

18. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I was on AP dont forget to mention that.

19. CoachRedd

this fact is irrelevant IMO.

20. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

We better. I let Blonde play me AP because I thought we'd be advanced by tonight!

21. Full Moon Fever

Me and snoopy are done. Write up coming in a few minutes

22. Full Moon Fever

photo.JPG

UPSET!

box.JPG

stats.JPG

Note: With 3 minutes left in the game, I had just sacked him on 4th down to take over at his 22, up 27-17. The connection was dropped and he conceded defeat, so I just supersimmed it out. This was much closer than the 41-17 final score.

MEMPHIS - After a disastrous 0-3 start to the season, the Memphis Tigers were able to shut down the CMU Chippewas and pull the upset to start conference play 1-0. The Tiger defensive line came to play, even if the offensive line didn't. The Tiger defense harassed the CMU quarterbacks all day, to the tune of 11 sacks, 8 coming from defensive linemen. The Tiger D also came up big when it counted, holding the CMU offense to just 7% 3rd down conversions, and forcing several field goal attempts after the Chippewas possessed the ball deep in Memphis territory. After starting off with a couple of field goals, the Tigers took a 6-0 lead into halftime. In the 3rd quarter, the fireworks started when a CMU interception gave the Chippewas the ball inside the Memphis red zone. A stingy defense finally gave up the score, as CMU hit a receiver on a crossing route over the middle to put the Chippewas up 7-6. After forcing a punt on the next drive, the Chippewas connected on a beautiful 80 yard scoring play as star wideout Cody Wilson caught a deep post through double coverage and left the confused Tiger secondary in the dust. The extra point made it 14-6 and the Chippewas had quickly taken control of a game that had gone Memphis' way for the first half.​

But the Tigers answered, and on their first play from scrimmage QB Ryan Williams found J.J. Rhodes slipping out of the backfield for a screen. Rhodes followed his convoy down the sideline and had an easy 77-yard touchdown, highlight below.​

A quick defensive stop gave the ball back to Memphis at around midfield, and Williams threw his second TD pass in as many plays when he went deep to Marcus Rucker, who had beaten his single coverage off the line. The extra point put the Tigers back on top by the score of 20-14.​

The lead looked to be short-lived however, as the Chippewas' Carr took the ensuing kickoff deep into Tiger territory. It looked like he might score before a Tiger defender was able to knock him off balance at the 7 yardline. The Tiger defense came up huge, forcing the Chippewas into a field goal and preserving their lead, now 20-17 and onto the 4th quarter.​

The Tigers extended their lead on their next drive, when Williams found tight end Justin Henderson flaring outside. The safety covering him didn't get there in time, and could only watch as slow-ass Henderson put a closing defender through the spin cycle and lumbered 42 yards for the score. Highlight below.​

After trading punts, the Chippewas found themselves down 27-17 with just 3 minutes left, and decided to go for it on 4th down. The Tiger defense rose to the challenge as DT Dontari Poe recorded his 3rd sack of the game, forcing a fumble in the process.​

The Tigers took over on the CMU 22, and this is when the connection was dropped. The supersim engine decided Rhodes needed a couple of rushing scores to close the game out, and the final ended up 41-17.​