Week 5 2012

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Oct 1, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Week 5 2012

Week due Monday at 6.

Welcome to Week 5!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-3) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 56-24 against Central Michigan (2-1).
    This week, the Eagles will host #17 Western Michigan (3-0).

=============== Idaho Vandals (0-3) ===============
    Last week, Idaho lost 56-23 against Texas A&M (3-1).
    This week, the Vandals will host Utah State (3-0).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Kent State lost 63-31 against Mid Tenn State (1-2).
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to Athens to face the #19 Georgia Bulldogs (2-1).

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky lost 31-24 against Louisville (1-3).
    This week, the Hilltoppers travel to Monroe to face the UL Monroe Warhawks (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Kentucky targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Corey Daniels has committed to Western Kentucky

=============== UAB Blazers (1-2) ===============
    Last week, UAB lost 49-30 against Western Michigan (3-0).
    This week, the Blazers will host UCF (2-1).

=============== Army Black Knights (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Army lost 38-21 against Utah State (3-0).
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Jonesboro to face the Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-3).

=============== #17 Western Michigan Broncos (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 49-30 against UAB (1-2).
    This week, the Broncos travel to Ypsilanti to face the Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-3).

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-3) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State lost 85-77 against UL Monroe (2-1).
    This week, the Red Wolves will host Army (1-2).

=============== Utah State Aggies (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Utah State won 38-21 against Army (1-2).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Moscow to face the Idaho Vandals (0-3).

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (2-1) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe won 85-77 against Arkansas State (0-3).
    This week, the Warhawks will host Western Kentucky (1-2).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Monroe targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) HB Rashad Ferguson has committed to UL Monroe

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 63-31 against Kent State (1-2).
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host UL Lafayette (2-1).

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (2-1) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette lost 45-17 against Cal (1-1).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns travel to Murfreesboro to face the Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (1-2).

2. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

#17 WMU 35
    EMU 0

Not much to say about this one as I was up 21-0 in the 1st and cruised to a 35-0 victory. I double teamed James Jackson all day and he still had 5 catches for 61 yards but never had a huge play as his long was 19. WR Ansel Ponder destroyed the EMU CB's catching 3 balls for 119 yards and 1 TD. I only attempted 9 passes and Freshmen RB Cameron King got the bulk of the touches with 68 yards. He had a sick TD run called back for holding after he juked and spun his way through the EMU defense.

Crumb did have some drives deep in my territory but his QB found ways to screw them all up losing two fumbles and throwing 2 picks.

3. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

ULM 41 - WKU 31
    UL Monroe found a weakness in Western Kentucky’s defensive early in this game. It seemed like every time the game got close, Newsome broke open a big run that put ULM up 2 scores. He finished with 277 yards and 4 TDS.
    A 97 yard td drive by WKU in the third brought the game to 3 but Newsome came back with 3 straight runs to regain the 10 point lead.
    With 3 times outs and about a minute and a half to go in the game, WKU was driving again, down by 10 but through a pick on the goal line.
    WKU played a great game and their offense looked solid, but it just seemed like today was just Newsome day as he broke the school record for rushing yards in a game.

4. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

damn potatoe magics got my number. I'm 0 for three against him now. Lost my first game of the year to Idaho 17-31. 3-1 now. I'll let the victor do the write up

5. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

gg dude

AJ learned what some others learned last year: if you want to beat me, run the ball. I went back and watched some highlights and my DL was, again, repeatedly blown off the ball. I was even run committing sometimes and they still were getting blown back.

The only reason I kept it close is because AJ didn't really air it out. When he did, he wasn't pressured and my DBs did nothing but as soon as he got his 1st down he went right back to running the ball.

I gotta say, I'm a little embarrassed by how bad my D is. It's the worst it has been including the 1st season.

6. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Write up coming later today. Gg steamer. 11 drops combined. Ugly football

7. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Ya I think I had 6 and 4 of them were on 3rd downs. Rrrg

8. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

-Moscow, Idaho

Expect the unexpected. On paper, this wasn't much of a matchup at all. The Utah State Aggies brought with them an undefeated 3-0 record and loads of momentum. For Idaho, it has been a severely disappointing start after a successful 9-4 campaign a season ago. Winless at 0-3, and facing undefeated Utah State, this didn't figure to be much of a game. But that's why the game's not played on paper. It was played in the most glorious stadium in all the land. The Kibbie Dome. The Vandals increased the aura of the 13,000 seater again last night, pulling out an improbable 31-17 victory to start their 2012 CUSA campaign with a bang.

"What I hate about that God forsaken place is that when you drop back to pass from your own endzone, the whole screen goes white because it's not a football stadium. It's a damned basketball gym with turf laid down. Look at it. You run two yards out of the endzone and you run into the wall. The scoreboard is mounted on the wall. It's awful. I hate that place." said Aggie Quarterback Brewster after the game.

"We just kept plugging away. It was an ugly game. Our defense has just got to improve. 17 looks nice on the scoreboard, but we can't count on our opponents always dropping balls like that. We were bailed out several times when open receivers dropped balls on 3rd downs. I won't say it surprised us, we've been simulating that all season in practice and we had some drops ourselves, but those just seemed to come at the best times for us today. The Good Lord must love potatos." - quipped Coach CenTechsan in his postgame.

The game opened in familiar fashion for the Vandals. After receiving the opening kickoff, the Aggies had little problem driving the distance of the field. The Vandal defense came up big with an interception in the endzone to keep the Aggies off the scoreboard. Two plays later, they turned it right back over as sophmore quarterback Brent Terry floated a fade route and the Aggie secondary snatched it back. After a Brewster option keeper took the ball down to the 4 yardline, RB Harvey Davis punched it in to put Utah State on top.

The Vandals chewed up the clock on the next drive, and with the help of a couple of big 3rd down conversions, were able to tie it up when Idaho RB Kama Bailey found an opening from the 1 yardline on the first play of the second quarter.

A promising drive by the Aggies stalled out when on 3rd and 14 from the Vandal 36, Utah State hit a receiver on the left hash for 13 1/2 yards. The Aggies elected to take the sure points and the Josh Thompson 39 yard field goal put the Aggies back on top, 10-7. From there, the Vandals took over and rattled off 17 straight points, thanks largely in part to the Aggie receiving corps dropping key balls.

"I don't know what the deal was. It's like my guys were like "Hey we're in Idaho, let's play hot potato instead of catch!" - vented a visibly upset Coach Steamer after the game.

After going ahead 14-10, it looked like the Aggies would come away with points just before halftime when Aggie QB Brewster dropped the ball on the sideline after a 15 yard jaunt through the Vandal defense. Ball-hawking Vandal defenders were on it like Coach CenTech on a bottle of Captain Morgan after losing to Iowa State. IOWA FREAKING STATE!!! 52 GDMFING POINTS TO IOWA GDMFING STATE! FING CYCLONES! TUBERVILLE TUBOCHIT. I MISS MY PIRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the Vandals escaped with a halftime lead. In the 3rd quarter, the game saw only one score when Terry hit receiver Mitchell Crockum on a beautiful 59-yard slant and go route that QB Terry described after the game. "I saw tight man coverage. I saw Mitch sell it. The safety was gone and the corner jumped the slant. I just knew I had to put it where he could run for it. Thankfully I didn't leave that one short like the pick I threw earlier."

Early in the Forth quarter (that's what it says on Dynasty Wire...Forth....come on EA that's just ignorant) the Vandals extended their lead over the Aggies when Sr standout kicker Trey Farquhar kicked in a 49 yard field goal to make the score 24-10.

The Aggies wouldn't quit, though. Less than two minutes later, HB Kerwynn Williams found an opening on the left side of the Vandal defense, and not only picked up the yard required for the first down, but raced untouched to the endzone for the 27-yard score. The PAT brought the Ags to within 7, 24-17.

The next few minutes saw some pretty ugly football. The Vandals, trying to preserve their lead, kept the ball mostly on the ground, averaging about 2 yards per carry before contentedly punting the ball away to the Aggies, who would then fall into the routine of being sacked on 1st or 2nd down and then finding a wide open receiver on 3rd and long who would decide not to catch it.

With 1:37 left in the game, Potato Magic struck again when Bailey turned a weakside ISO into a game sealing 62-yard touchdown scamper. After the game, Kama had this to say about it.

"Glory be to Potatos. I just took the handoff and for the first time all night there wasn't an ugly ass Aggie licking his lips two feet in front of me. I saw grass and hauled ass to the endzone. It would be nice if those fat slobs would block like that more often. I'm a feature back in this league, I tell ya. Just give me the damn ball Coach."

"Kama, STFU you idiot. I try to give you the damn ball. Open your damn eyes when you get it and you won't run into the backs of your guards half the time. You look like a slower, weaker, shorter, less talented DeMarco Murray out there. But hey, good run that one time. Hell, I was also shocked that you caught that screen pass we threw you. Granted, after you caught it you got caught up in the mess of linemen and let the only aggie within 10 yards of you bring you down on the 6, but at least you caught it." interrupted Coach CenTech. "That'll be all guys, we've still got a hell of a lot to work on."

9. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

31 [​IMG] [​IMG] 38

[​IMG]

The Red Wolves were able to get their first victory of the season thanks to their rushing attack. Arkansas State racked up 332 yards rushing en route to a "closer than it should have been" 38-31 victory over Army, who played well on offense, but couldn't stop the Red Wolves rushing attack. From the beginning, it was apparent the Black Knights were going to have trouble against the running game, allowing a 63 yard rush for a touchdown by Dontae Aycock on the first drive. Aycock would get another rushing TD later on in the quarter, and Army would get a long run of their own, this one from 66 yards out for a score.

In the second quarter, Army held the Red Wolves to a FG early on in the quarter, and a stop by the defense allowed the Black Knights to take up a lot of time on a long drive that ended with a touchdown to bring Army to within 3, 17-14, with only 00:37 left in the half. A bad squib kick, however, gave the Red Wolves the ball at their own 44 yard line, and the Red Wolves were able to score in 2 plays just before the half, one a long pass to TE Cedric Murray, the other a 27 yard pass to HB Dontae Aycock for the score before halftime.

Army was unable to keep Arkansas State from getting that big play in the second half, as every time Army scored, the Red Wolves got a huge play to counter it. Frankie Jackson had a 51 yard TD run and Aycock had a 46 yard TD run, both in the second half. Army was able to get within striking distance at 38-31 late in the 4th, after scoring off a bad INT by QB Andre Smith of Arkansas State deep in Army territory. But the Black Knights were unable to stop the Red Wolves from running out the clock with Aycock and Jackson.

For Arkansas State, HB Dontae Aycock had 23 carries for 239 yards and 3TDs, as well as 3 receptions for 67 yards with a TD. Backup HB Frankie Jackson came in and had 9 carries for 96 yards with a TD. QB Andre Smith was effective but used rarely, going 8/13 for 131 yards, a TD and INT.

For Army, QB Trent Steelman went 12/22 for 211 yards with a TD and 2INTs. He also had 10 carries for 40 yards. Malcolm Brown had 3 carries for 91 yards and a TD, while Lonnie Liggins had 7 carries for 41 yards and 2TDs. ​

10. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Army Unable to Contain Run in Loss to Arkansas State

[​IMG]

Arkansas State's ground game proved to be too much to handle for the Army Black Knights this week. Army's defense was first exposed in Ark State's opening drive where HB Dontae Aycock got loose on a 63 yard option play scoring within the games first two minutes. Aycock added another score in the 1st quarter quickly putting Army behind 14-0 and fighting an uphill battle. Army stuck to their guns though and kept rushing the ball and scored near the end of the first on a 66 yard TD option pitch to HB Malcom Brown.

In the second quarter Army held the Red Wolves to a field goal and looked to take the air out of the opponent with a long nearly 6 minute drive. Army finally punched the ball in on the option to Lonnie Liggins with 37 seconds left looking to head in to halftime with only a 3 point deficit. Instead a botched squib on the ensuing kickoff let the red wolves start their drive with good field position. The red wolves were able to score on 2 plays taking any momentum Army had gained with their long drive right back.

In the second half it was much like the first and Army could not stop the outside run. Arkansas state scored on rushes of 51 and 46 yards in the 3rd and 4th quarter. Army tried to mount a comeback and scored 2 TD's in the 4th giving the ball back to Arkansas State with 3 minutes left. Army just couldn't stop the Red Wolves from moving the chains though and were forced to watch the clock wind down after using all their timeouts.

Dontae Aycock may be player of the week with his performance for the Red Wolves. The HB finished the day with 239 yds on 23 rushes adding 3TD's to the mix as well.

Army POTG:
    Malcom Brown HB
    [​IMG] Rushes-3 Yards-91 TD-1