Week 5, 2012

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Good week fellas. We are going to proceed with 11 as usually until we find a replacement for the Clemson guy. This week should be a breeze, as 4 of you have byes. If you have a bye week, please finish your recruiting ASAP. No one wants to wait for you to recruit if everyone has played their games. You should have your recruiting done within 24 hours.

Not the greatest slate of games this week, but with four users playing on the road, anything is possible.

#6 Florida State @ USF
    #4 Arkansas @ Texas A&M
    #5 Georgia vs. Tennessee
    #11 Wisconsin @ Nebraska
    Georgia Tech vs. Mid Tenn State
    #10 Virginia Tech vs. Cincinnati

User Game of the Week: #16 Ohio State @ #18 Michigan State ​

2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Braxton Miller to Start Against MSU
    An elbow injury sidelined Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller in last week's win against UAB, but it wont keep him out for this week's showdown against MSU, team sources say. Miller has struggled with turnovers this year, throwing five interceptions and just four touchdowns. Saturday night's game has the potential to be a "breakout moment" for the sophomore star. "I'm excited," said Miller. "Going to East Lansing, playing under the lights. I don't shy away from the big stage, I try to embrace it."

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ben

Ben Walk On

Screen shot 2012-07-23 at 11.10.47 PM.png

This week the Vols (2-2) will travel to Sanford Stadium to take on the undefeated Georgia Bulldogs. Georgia is hungry to continue their winning ways. Tennessee shouldn't be much of a match for Georgia in this one. The Vols have lost to ranked Florida and unranked NCSU, they have only beaten Akron and FCS SE. Tennessee has not shown enough to prove they can take down a powerhouse on the road. Look for Georgia to control the tempo of this game.

Predicted score: 45-17, Georgia

4. Ben

Ben Walk On

Murray struggles again, almost ruins Georgia's season.

This game was a defensive struggle for sure. Offense was almost none existent until the 4th quarter. The game was tied 17-17 until Malcome scored to allow Georgia to go up 24-17 with :56 seconds left in the 3rd quarter. Georgia's offense was absolutely pathetic in this one. They struggled to run the ball, minus the 4th quarter, and they struggled to pass the ball as Murray threw for an abysmal 88 yards. If it wasn't for Georgia's D and King, who had a punt return for a TD, then Georgia would have probably lost this game. Serious doubt is creeping over Athens. Was this a one time thing or is this a sign of things to come? Coach Richt had this to say, "All week I let these guys slack off, especially Murray. We didn't come into this game thinking we would be challenged. We got prideful and cocky. If this was any other team we would have gotten stomped into the ground. You'll never see a performance like this out of us again. We have to play better because we are better and I truely believe that!"

Next week Georgia will face off against #8 South Carolina on the road. There will be no room for error in that game.
    Screen shot 2012-07-24 at 12.46.13 AM.png

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  5. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Hard fought win @coocath

6. Ben

Ben Walk On

Yea man if I don't figure out how to effectively use Murray I'm gonna be screwed lol

7. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

wayers50 you finished your game but have recruiting time left over...you planning on using it later?

8. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Ill have recruiting done by 2 central time and my game will be done around 8 tonight.

9. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

VA TECH DEFENSE SAVES THE GAME
    Today in Blacksburg, the Hokies defense saved the day as the Hokies barely escape the Cincinnati Bearcats 7-6. Both defenses were outstanding today with the Hokie defense allowing only 78 total yards and 5 1st downs while the Bearcats forced 6 count em, 6 turnovers. Coach Ransom said about the offense after the game"I'm sad at the display that our offense showed tonight". Though dissapointed throughout the game with his offense, they did provide the game winning score as backup QB Mark Leal came in and threw a touchdown to Dyrell Roberts with 2:05 left in the game. The defense was the story of this game as both teams offenses struggle mightly. Ask if they would be a QB controversy going into next week game at North Carolina Coach Ransom says "Don't bet on it, Logan is still are starter and our leader. Everyone has a bad game". Bad game is a understatement, Logan by himself accounted for 5 of the 6 turnovers. He need to put this game out of mind quickly because another tough defense in the North Carolina Tar Heels wait for him next week in Chapel Hill

10. jandy

jandy Walk On

Tough game Ben, good job pulling out the W

11. jandy

jandy Walk On

Quite the low scoring game, CJ! But hey, a win's a win nonetheless

12. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

My offense played like crap. Glad my defense kept the game close long enough for me to win it.

13. Ben

Ben Walk On

Yea jandy it was a defensive struggle for the most part. I'm still struggling to figure out my passing game in this years game. Hopefully that'll change soon.

14. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Buckeyes Survive 2 OT Thriller
    It took two overtimes, but Ohio State remains undefeated after beating Michigan State 44-41 in East Lansing. Braxton Miller returned from injury and had his best game of the season, passing for 237 yards and scoring two touchdowns.​
    First Quarter
    The first quarter opened with back-and-forth play. But while the Buckeyes struggled to move forward, the Spartans owned great field position and were eventually able to capitalize with a long touchdown pass to Keith Mumphrey. Just when it felt like momentum was falling away from the Buckeyes however, Ohio State's Corey Brown answered with an 101-yard kick return for a touchdown.​
    [​IMG]
    Brown's 101-yard Kick Return Touchdown gave the Buckeye's a much needed spark
    Second Quarter
    The second quarter was very similar to the first, but this time Ohio State was unable to answer back with a big play. With Michigan State living in Buckeye territory, the Ohio State defense eventually crumbled and Michigan State took what looked to be a commanding 21-7. With under three minutes left Miller led OSU down the field by converting several third down attempts. On a third-and-goal from the five yard line, Miller connected with Devin Smith on a fade route for a touchdown.​
    [​IMG]
    Smith's first TD of the season cut the lead to one score
    Third Quarter
    Defense dominated in the third with each team trading punts. With 1:14 remaining, Braxton Miller kept the ball on a triple option and found the endzone on an 11 yard run to tie the game at 21.​
    Fourth Quarter
    After Michigan State hit a field goal for a 24-21 lead, Ohio State responded with a long scoring drive, which culminated in a Corey Brown 33-yard touchdown on an option pitch from Miller. Brown's second TD of the game gave OSU a 28-24 lead and all of the momentum with 4:21 left in the game. But Andrew Maxwell orchestrated a perfect drive to give the lead back to MSU, 30-27, with just 1:04 remaining. With 2 timeouts left, Miller looked to add another clutch drive to his 2012 resume. He did just that, converting three third downs and one fourth down on a 15-play 75-yard drive. Michigan State was able to keep the Buckeyes out of the endzone and a 23-yard Drew Basil field goal put the game into overtime.​
    First Overtime
    Michigan State won the toss and elected to defend. After completing a third-and-ten pass to Jake Stoneburner for nine yards, Urban Meyer kept the offense on the field and ran a quarterback sneak. The Michigan State defense penetrated the line of scrimmage and hit Miller in the backfield...but Miller kept his footing and bounce the run outside for a close first down. Three plays later Carlos Hyde would find the endzone. Michigan State answered back on the first play for a 15-yard gain to make it first and goal. But the Buckeye defense held tough, and forced a fourth-and-goal from the nine. Maxwell threw a beautiful corner route to Mumphrey for a touchdown and second overtime.​
    Second Overtime
    A motivated Buckeye defense entered the field looking to prove they were one of the best groups in the country and win the game for their team. After sacking the quarterback on first and third down they forced a long Michigan State field goal and put OSU in a great position to win the game. MSU's Kevin Muma connected on the 52-yard attempt, but the MSU defense wasn't able to make it matter. After converting yet another third down, this time with an eight yard pass to Corey Brown, Miller found the endzone on a one yard run, and Ohio State found their fifth win of the season.​
    Key Contributors
    Braxton Miller: 20-30, 237 yds, 2 TD​
    Corey Brown: 277 all-purpose yds, 2 TD
    Jake Stoneburner: 10 catches for 128 yds
    Curtis Grant: 10 tackles, 5 solo

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

wayers50 please finish your recruiting tonight. Stiffysix, Rekkapryde 36-hours is up at 11 am ET tomorrow morning, would love to get an advance in tonight tho!

16. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

Playing in about an hour bruh

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ben

Ben Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  18. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

Yeah. I'm definitely gonna finish tonight. I'm gonna start working on it now on my phone.

• Like Like x 1
  19. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

Fred Limbo. If we advance you wanna play tonight

• Like Like x 1
  20. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Should be advanced around 1130 ET

21. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Wisconsin wins on the road in Nebraska.

Wisc - 17
    Nebraska - 7

Jacob Pedersen was player of the game with 3 catches and 105 yards with 1 TDs. Montee Ball was held under 100 yards and scorless as he was knocked out of the game with a bruised sternum for 1 quarter. The game was never close, Nebraska did not score until the last two minutes of the 4th quarter. The Badgers defense held Nebraska under 150 total yards. Its a good win for the Badgers in their first B1G game.

• Like Like x 1
  22. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

Big recruiting week coming up for Notre Dame. I'm itching to advance!

• Like Like x 1
  23. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

Recruiting is all done for this week. You better stay away from my kicker Robinson. ;)

24. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

25. leonidasplaya

leonidasplaya roman soldier

well its a win for the alabama and j. caudill first win also. It was a great win they had over 275 yrds rushing yrs it was 14 nothin in the second quarter. Had five turnovers for the crimson tyde and still won the game. The offense had over 541 yards for alabama offense. it was a great win for alabam and now they know if they can run the ball they can win. If they can get a bowl game for coach caudills first win. that would be great playing in the sec its a real tough division and alabama has a good chance.