Week 5 (2012)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

2. Theezy

Theezy Walk On

wow. up 28-16 early 4th quarter and the game froze on me. i paused the game to go grab some grub at mcdonalds and i came back and one play later it froze ?

3. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

Beat Boston College 35-31...Full write up tommorow

4. Wick36

When I've paused OD games for an extended period of time in the past, it has froze a lot of the time. You can play it again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

review coming soon had to test something

6. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Notre Dame Wins Battle Over Michigan

This was one heckuva game in South Bend. Michigan came in after some tough losses looking to get things on the right track, but the Irish ultimately prevailed in a tough back and forth game where home field really seemed to make the difference. Many expected a shootout as both teams have explosive offenses, but the defenses really stole the show.

It all started off slowly, as ND took the opening kickoff and the Wolverines shut them down quickly. On the ensuing punt, a brutal hit knocked the ball loose from the returner, which was then scooped and scored on by LB Prince Shembo, swinging momentum strongly in the Irish's favor early. The Michigan offense responded beautifully thanks to some amazing plays by Denard Robinson. That guy is almost unstoppable, and he took the team on his back and into the endzone to answer ND's TD and the 1st quarter ended in a 7-7 tie.

Notre Dame was able to maintain a great drive through the first part of the 2nd quarter, and capped it off with a 6 yard touchdown by Cierre Wood as he crashed through defenders to bowl his way in for 6. The Irish D played bend but don't break defense, which allowed Mich to get into scoring territory a few times, but there were 3 huge interceptions to end promising drives. The game was pretty ugly through the 3rd quarter, as both offenses sputtered and ND was able to tack a FG on to take the lead to 10 going into the 4th.

Thanks to a few more big stops, ND got the ball back with 6 minutes to go in the game, and hoping to run some clock pounded the ball to about the 30 yard line on a 3rd and 2. Michigan had begun anticipating where the Irish were running, so Coach Schreck overloaded the left side, and tossed the ball back to the weak side catching the defense crashing the wrong way and resulting in a 64 yard TD jaunt by Cierre Wood to put the Irish up by 17 with under 5 minutes to play. Michigan was able to blast down the field and score a TD just 30 seconds later to make a game of it, but ND was able to get the ball back and run out the clock.

Great game Jolts57, not sure I deserved the win but caught the lucky breaks on the turnovers and that was the difference. Yardage and everything strongly favored the Wolverines other than turnovers, but we'll take the wins any way we can get them.

Players of the Game
    Cierre Wood - 91 yards rushing, 2 TD's
    Prince Shembo - 2 sacks, Fumble return TD

ND-Mich game.PNG

7. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I also spent 15 minutes making some good highlights, but of course, upload failed :mad:

8. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

A game without any turnovers is impressive. I was in a funk after that fumble/td return after your first punt and didn't even realize all my INT's were that deep into your zone. Guess next time I have to forget about the score and just play my game. I didn't realize you had so few offensive yards either lol, but you were steady and that wins games so you deserved it. gg.

By the way, I've seen a couple people from TSO use the fast tempo/hurry up style offense all game, basically doing hurry up after any completion or run. I know it's a legit style but is it really sim? It seems like my offensive execution is way better when not huddling up so I'd love to try using it for a few games.

9. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I think it's ok, the site rules allow for it (pasted below). Like everything else, use common sense about it and don't exploit AI holes with it.

O.3.0 - Hurry Up Offense: All teams are allowed to run the "hurry up" offense in both two minute drill situations. Any team losing in the 4th quarter is permitted to hurry up as often as they like. When using the hurry up offense, please allow your opponent to set their defense before snapping the ball. Purposely trying to cause offsides penalties or taking advantage of defensive AI is not allowed.

O.3.A - The above rules do not apply to teams who use the "No Huddle" offense feature in the game. However, it should be noted that fast tempo offenses do not rush to the line and snap it. You must allow the opponents defense to come set. Also, it is unrealistic to rush to the line of scrimmage after incomplete passes or when a player runs out of bounds (or any other clock stoppage).

10. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

yea i played the guy hes talkin about and he abused the shit out of o.3.a

11. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Wake Forest Opens ACC Play With Beatdown of VA Tech

The Demon Deacons went to Blacksburg expecting to find a sleeping giant. Virginia Tech came into the game at 0-3, and a night game against a supposedly weaker ACC opponent should have been more than enough reason to get the Hokies best effort. It just wasn't happening. Tanner Price was hitting on all cylinders, and a trio of Wake running backs combined to average over 6 yards per carry. Price found Terence Davis for a pair of TD passes, and freshman Airyn Willis added a 3rd en route to a 35-3 halftime lead. That would be all for the starters, as the 2nd string came in for the 2nd half, and although they wouldn't score, they managed to hold VA Tech to just a meaningless late TD as Wake Forest improves to 3-1 (1-0) on the year.

Tanner Price; 12 of 15, 208 yards, 3 TDs
    Josh Harris; 8 carries, 39 yards
    Deandre Martin; 7 carries, 43 yards
    Orville Reynolds; 4 carries, 30 yards, 1 TD

• Like Like x 1
  12. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Louisville beats up on Florida International-

Louisville came into the game after back to back games against ranked teams winning those games by a combined 5 points. they looked to have an easy game here and thats what it turned out to be. the louisville defense showed up to play as the first string only allowed 6 points in the game. the other 14 came on a another offensive blunder as teddy bridgewaters pitch was intercepted and returned to the house and when the second team was in and 5 minutes left in the game.

Louisville offense started the game on a tear after Bridgewater was hurt early and Will Stein came in and had a 10 yard rushing td on an option and also threw a 63 yard bomb to Devante Parker. the 2nd quarter picked up with the afore mentioned pitch fumbled return for a touchdownand also they would add a field goal to bring the game to 14-10 then Bridgewater was back in the game when this happened:

a quaint little 58 yard touchdown run up the gut on an option play to push the lead to 21-10. they would add a field goal with 2 minutes left in the half to push the lead to 14. after a quick three and out the cards decided to try and put more points on the board. the coach dialed up a little playaction pass:

and connected with an 80 yard touchdown strike to Eli Rodgers. the cards went into the break up 31-10 and just cruised from there as the 2nd string came in. the coach had this to say after the game, "With our defense playing as good as it is i feel we can compete with any team in the country and will definitly be in the talks for a bcs bowl bid." Strong words that will have to be backed up next week as Oklahoma State comes into town and they have a very powerful offense that will test this great defense.

player of the game-
    offense- Teddy Bridgewater 4 of 7 140 yards 1 td 6 rush 73 yards 1 td
    defense- Marcus Smith 3 tkls 3 tfl 2 sacks

• Like Like x 2
  13. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

lookin at the stats on that game you would never know michigan lost. i guess maybe from the turnovers but everything else he rocked it

14. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

The game was really decided on that first punt fumble I had. It was one of those freakish(or bullshit) plays. I avoid his user hit, then a cpu guy knocks the ball out and a diff guy gets the ball mid-air running in stride and goes for 6. Pretty crappy way to go down :/

**In regards to o.3.A, I have no clue where this feature is that let's me set my tempo and defensive styles. And is it ok for me to just manually do the no huddles(except after incompletions, out of bounds, etc) but just not rush back and let the defense set first.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  15. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

kinda like that play i had with u lol.

16. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

yeah it was nearly identical, except yours wasn't in an OD rivalry game. I'm pretty sure if that play doesn't go the way it did I wouldn't have thrown 3 picks. Guess I gotta work on not psyching myself out ^_^

17. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

yea its hard to do tho. i know if someone throws a deep touchdown on me i like immediately try to throw one too even though thats not my gameplan

18. Theezy

Theezy Walk On

EA just messed up my game on the Dynasty 13 website. It says on there I won 31-20. I really won 41-14. anyways.

It was a pretty even game throughout the first half, Utah was up 17-14. Arizona St were to get the ball in the second half and that is when disaster struck. After Utah takes the ball down the field to sore, QB Bercovici of the Sun Devils threw an interception that was bound to go for 6, but the QB chased down the linebacker and tackled him just before the 2 yard line. Kelvin York scores on first play making it 31-14. Sun Devils get the ball back and on an attempted half back screen play, DT Star Lotulelei, sacked the QB and forced a fumble that was returned for 6. Making it 38-14 at the end of 3rd quarter. In the fourth, Star Lotulelei broke the NCAA record for sacks in a game. The record was 6. He had 8.
    The game ended 41-14. Utah improving to 2-2 and ASU falling to 1-2. The next week Utah has a bye before they go to Southern California to play against the 2nd ranked Trojans.

Players of the Game:
    Kelvin York, RB : 39 carries, 215 yards and 2 touchdowns. Remember folks. He's just a back up.
    Star Lotulelei, DT: 12 tackles, 8 sacks, 1 Forced fumble.

19. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

Way to crush the scum devils! (y) hahaha

20. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

How does a DT get 8 sacks? That manual control? If so ya gotta tell me how ya do it!

21. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

was kinda thinkin that too

22. Theezy

Theezy Walk On

Actually, I only used 2 sacks. A lot of the sacks were HB screen plays where i would play the DE and cover the HB. Causing the QB to hold onto the ball and get killed by Star

23. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

nice yea when they do those usually i take em to the house with a lb or like u my dt gets the sack

24. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

The cpu screws the screen play up so bad, hopefully EA fixes that in the patch because it is kind of ridiculous.

25. Wick36

Texas - 34
    Rutgers - 10

The game started pretty well for the Longhorns, with Jaxon Shipley returning a punt for a TD after getting a quick stop. They'd go on to add a field goal and a pick six during the first quarter. Rutgers wouldn't lie down though, putting together a good drive for a TD. Texas would respond with a quick score of their own. The Scarlet Knights would notch a field goal before the half to make it a 24-10 game. From there, the Longhorns would play D and pound it out on the ground. Malcolm Brown would have a great game, running for 151 yards on 19 carries. Case McCoy did awful in back up duty for the injured David Ash, completing just 5/12 passes for 89 yards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.