Week 5 2013

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Nov 2, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

A 24 hour advance! Great job guys! My little babies are all grownz up.

Welcome to Week 5!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 41-3 against Indiana (3-1).
    This week, the Eagles will host FCS Midwest .

=============== Idaho Vandals (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Idaho lost 56-42 against UL Lafayette (3-0).
    This week, the Vandals travel to Logan to face the Utah State Aggies (1-1).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 48-7 against Mid Tenn State (0-3).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host UL Monroe (3-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Marcus Stanford has committed to Kent State

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky won 45-42 against Utah State (1-1).
    This week, the Hilltoppers will host UL Lafayette (3-0).

=============== UAB Blazers (2-1) ===============
    Last week, UAB won 56-7 against FIU (0-1).
    This week, the Blazers travel to West Point to face the Army Black Knights (0-3).

=============== Army Black Knights (0-3) ===============
    Last week, Army lost 39-36 against Connecticut (1-2).
    This week, the Black Knights will host UAB (2-1).

=============== #14 Western Michigan Broncos (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 47-26 against Michigan (2-1).
    This week, the Broncos are idle.

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-3) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State lost 38-27 against UL Monroe (3-0).
    This week, the Red Wolves are idle.

=============== Utah State Aggies (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Utah State lost 45-42 against Western Kentucky (3-0).
    This week, the Aggies will host Idaho (1-2).

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (3-0) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe won 38-27 against Arkansas State (0-3).
    This week, the Warhawks travel to Kent to face the Kent State Golden Flashes (3-0).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-3) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State lost 48-7 against Kent State (3-0).
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Chapel Hill to face the North Carolina Tar Heels (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) CB James Johnson has committed to Mid Tenn State

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (3-0) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette won 56-42 against Idaho (1-2).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns travel to Bowling Green to face the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (3-0).

2. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

[​IMG]
    MTSU v NORTH CAROLINA
    [​IMG]
    Chapel Hill, NC - The game couldn't have gone better for new head coach JoshuaAdam88. After the Athletic Director for MTSU fired Maize n Blue last week for lack of production he brought in a new coach that no one in the conference had heard of. Well his gamble seems to have paid off.
    The vastly undermanned Blue Raider team came out a little shell shocked. After two fourth and 1's stuffed, it appeared that the Tar Heels were going to run away with this game. However, the coach was seen getting the young men fired up at the end of the first quarter. Whatever he said or did worked because they put up 21 points in the 2nd.
    Most of the damage came from the tenacious play of the defense.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The Tar Heel quarterback appeared extremely flustered after this winles defense started playing like there was no tomorrow. It obviously began to cause the whole Tar Heel offense to implode. He started throwing to receivers that were not open and had the whole team looking scared.
    [​IMG]
    The spark soon spread to the offense and the Air Raid offense began picking apart the ACC defense. When the Blue Raiders finally incorporated the run into the offense it began unwinding for the boys in powder blue. The game eventually was sealed by an interception in the endzone that allowed the Middlesboro gentleman to get their first win of the season.​
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Might the new guy actually be able to play?

4. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

This week's JQwon Predictions:

UAB at Army-

With Recchems return to the league after offing his wife, there are no limits to the lengths this man is willing to go. His 'whatever it takes' attitude will be too much for Army. Once Army falls behind and is forced to pass, it will be all over as the Army quarterback looks like a retard humping a door knob when he's trying to throw a football.

UAB- 37 Army- 17

Idaho at Utah St

Both teams coming off tough losses will be looking to bounce back. One will do so while the other will start a losing streak. This should be a hard fought battle, but after Cent let me down last week, I'm taking Steamer in this one by a field goal.

Utah St- 52 Idaho- 49

UL Monroe at Kent St.

Tough to be objective on this one but oh well. Both teams enter this game at 3-0 and look to fight for a conference championship. This one won't be as high scoring as the others as both teams like to run the ball. Kent State has looked strong so far, but until they prove they can consistently win close battles, it's tough to take the Golden Flashes.

ULM- 27 Kent St- 24

UL Lafayette at Western Kentucky

Get out your calculators. I don't think the scoreboard will be able to go high enough for this game. Both teams have proven the ability to put up a lot of points in a hurry. Both teams coming off big wins last week so who will continue that momentum? Lafayette proved me wrong for picking against them last week, but if at first you don't succeed, try again. So I'm going with the Hilltoppers in a high scoring affair.

WKU- 59 ULaLa- 52

5. Gyrene76

lol, i was motivated after there was a betting line for when I would quit...if you want to make some money take over 4 weeks

• Like Like x 1
  6. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Whats the over/under on how long it will take for someone to ask for naked pics of the new guys' wife?

7. Gyrene76

Notta chance

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I said on how long it would take for someone to ask, not if you would actually do it... So no chance tho huh? Damn... Well fine then.

Over/under on how long til Dylan asks for naked pics of new guy?

9. Gyrene76

lol...

• Like Like x 1
  10. nikpin

If the o/u is 5pm I'll take the under.

11. DirtycashDylan

Hey new guy, can I see you naked?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gyrene76

JQwon called it

13. DirtycashDylan

From the previous week:

WKU-45
    USU-42

The Hilltoppers escapes Logan with a huge win over the perennial western division powerhouse.

The game started out with a stalemate but opened up in the 2nd quarter when WKU scored 21, 14 off of turnovers. Utah State steadied the ship and answered every WKU score from then on until the final 8 minutes. Score at the start of the 4th quarter WKU 42, USU 28.

WKU then went into victory mode a little early and had their runs stuffed over and over again. Meanwhile, USU kept driving and passing on the pourus Hilltopper secondary and scoring points. Before coach DCD could blink, his lead had been squashed. but Steamer left too much time on the clock, :43 to be exact. with the score tied at 42.

WKU fielded the kickoff and then came out and made 2 big throws to get them in striking distance and called timeout with :03 to go. Here comes the attempt to ice the kicker.

43 yard FG attempt from the left hash. It's up and looks to have been hooked. wait. wait. it's IN just inside the upright!

[​IMG]

I tried to save some highlights but I guess I took too long. Yay!

14. DirtycashDylan

WKU-63
    ULL-49

I was able to get just enough stops to get the victory. but not before we gave up 561 passing yards. Snoopy made some costly mistakes in the 4th quarter and I was able to run out the clock.

James Franklin had another excellent day going 23-30 for 498 yards, 3 TDs in the air, 2 TDs on the ground and 2 INTs. It's no wonder Franklin is leading the NCAA in

Sadly, true freshman CB standout Ken Kelly was lost for 6 weeks with a sprained ankle.

First Quarter
    06:48TD UL Lafayette Michael Jackson WR #81 17 yard pass from Emile Joseph QB #18
    04:02TD Western Kentucky Andre Greene HB #33 8 yard rush
    01:37TD UL Lafayette Chad Newton WR #80 20 yard pass from Emile Joseph QB #18
    Second Quarter
    07:19TD Western Kentucky James Franklin QB #1 13 yard rush
    04:43TD UL Lafayette Chad Newton WR #80 25 yard pass from Emile Joseph QB #18
    03:11TD Western Kentucky Jerome Richards WR #10 53 yard pass from James Franklin QB #1
    01:38TD Western Kentucky Shaun Griffin WR #82 90 yard pass from James Franklin QB #1
    00:48TD UL Lafayette Mike James HB #5 1 yard rush
    Third Quarter
    05:20TD Western Kentucky James Franklin QB #1 0 yard rush
    00:22TD UL Lafayette Ian Thompson TE #86 0 yard fumble
    Forth Quarter
    06:18TD Western Kentucky Jerome Richards WR #10 18 yard pass from James Franklin QB #1
    05:48TD UL Lafayette Chad Newton WR #80 57 yard pass from Emile Joseph QB #18
    03:42TD Western Kentucky Andre Greene HB #33 6 yard rush
    03:24TD Western Kentucky Andre Greene HB #33 29 yard rush
    02:42TD UL Lafayette Mike James HB #5 5 yard rush
    01:45TD Western Kentucky Keshawn Simpson HB #34 30 yard rush

15. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

UL Monroe at Kent St.

In a battle of the undefeateds, this one promised to be a close, tough game and it certainly delivered. Early on both teams went to their running game. Kent St's opening drivie took up nearly the entire first quarter as they slowly pounded their way down the field on the back of RB Howard Brown AKA "Ivy League". However, the ULM defense would stop them near the goalline and hold Kent to a field goal.

The Warhawks would respond with a long drive of their own on the back of Isaiah Newsome before also settling for a field goal to tie it at 3-3. Another long drive from the Golden Flashes would eventually finish with a one-yard touchdown pass and a 10-3 lead with 29 seconds left in the half. But after a blown coverage, ULM would strike on a 64-yard touchdown pass to tie it up right before the half.

In the second half, Kent St got more of Newsome as he capped off a drive with a 10 yard touchdown run on a sweep before diving into the endzone. Kent State would waste no time tying it back up as they would strike quickly with a 76-yard TD pass to tie it back up at 17-17. After a defensive stop, Kent would move down the field and take a 20-17 lead on a 36-yard field goal. The Golden Flash defense would hold strong again as they would get a huge stop and turnover on downs with 1:30 left in the game. As the Warhawks had only two timeouts remaining, Kent felt confident they could run the clock out, but that came crashing down as on the first play, Ivy League was stripped of the ball and ULM would take over on a fumble recovery. They would waste no time in capitalizing as they fired a 41-yard touchdown pass on the first play for a 24-20 lead with just over a minute remaining in the game.

With their backs against the wall, Kent St's hopes were firmly placed in the meager hands of quarterback Cedric McCloud. On this drive though, McCloud was incredible. Kent State quickly moved the ball down the field before completing a 20-yard pass down to the 1-yard line with 18 seconds left. They would hurry to the line with time ticking away before McCloud would find true freshman receiver Tim King for the touchdown and winning score.

The final, just as JQwon predicted, was 27-24 in a barn burner.

McCloud finished 22 of 28 for 307 yards and three touchdowns.

16. nikpin

East Coast > West Coast

17. Gyrene76

Whoever had MTSU didn't recruit a kicker...my kicker has 50 KP, and 52 KA...

So I found my QB has 80 KPW...how does that happen? lol, He's my QB and kicker, and punter...

18. nikpin

That's what I rolled with last season except it was backup QB. I moved him in the off-season to K/P and now he handles those duties and could be decent on a fake punt pass. He doesn't have that kind of leg though...

19. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah, my 3rd string running back has 87 KP but for whatever reason he can't kick it as far as my punter who has like 75 KP...

20. Gyrene76

hmmm, fake punt pass is an interesting proposition there :)

I wonder how that happens, i don't mind it though...I really needed that...average starting field position was 41 yard line. Awful

21. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Point shaving investigation underway at Kent St

• Like Like x 1
  22. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

whens the adv?

23. Gyrene76

i second that question :)

24. DirtycashDylan

We're waiting on Rec and Hammer to play their game Thursday night. They'll get it in right before the 72 hour deadline.

haha

25. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Steamer and I are playing tonight at 9:30.