Week 5, 2015

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Advanced from web so no weekly preview on dynasty wire, but you know the drill. Let's make this a good content week

2. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Cy and I are scheduled for tomorrow after work.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Remember, Cy said that his game with Oregon was a "National Championship Semifinal" ... the Aggies are clearly looking past your Hogs

• Like Like x 1
  4. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Yeah, it's been on the proverbial bulletin board. It's one we need to get this program where we want to go.

• Like Like x 1
  5. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I will be getting it on with Boise State tomorrow night. Should be a fun one after what BGSU did to me the first time around.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jandy

jandy Walk On

I think it'll come down to who can run the ball better. Whichever team can own the trenches on both sides of the ball will put themselves in a great position for victory. I expect a close game, but I think Cy pulls this one out by 3, 27-24.

7. jandy

jandy Walk On

3 out of 10 teams with a bye and the user game is being played tomorrow evening. Let's try for an advance tomorrow night

Also, bye weeks suck.

8. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Sorry fellas had a restart to created a custom playbook forgot to save it to coach settings. I started game without correct playbook so I exit out I'll have my game here finish in a few.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

I'm on Auto-Pilot til Friday. Have to get underway with a ship this week.

10. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

What kind of ship will you be in?

11. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

Aegis-Class Destroyer (just like the ones in Battleship, but not with all the theatrics)

• Like Like x 2
  12. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

From the little I know about the sea to air defense weaponry on those ships, they are badass. Pretty cool stuff there.

13. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Oh ok cool I'm always stuck on the Nimitz class carriers

14. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

[​IMG]

Hogs' D Leads Way In Big Win

In a matchup for the ages Saturday, Fayetteville was treated to a #1 vs #4 matchup as the Hogs hosted the top-ranked Aggies of A&M. The Razorbacks were poor hosts at best, as they forced the Aggies' reigning Heisman winner Matt Davis into turnovers early and often. Interceptions on A&M's first two series allowed the Hogs to take an early 10-0 lead on a 14-yard TD run by Alex Collins and a 29-yard FG by K Jamey Holt. A&M was able to answer the call on their next possession though as they marched down the field for a TD on a pass from Davis to TE Darrick Tanner early in the second quarter. The rest of the second quarter would belong to the Razorbacks though, as Davis continued to struggle and Arkansas defenders seemed to always be in the right position to make a play. Interceptions led to offensive scores and even a defensive score as CB DJ Dean took a pick back 26 yards to paydirt. By halftime, Arkansas had managed to take a commanding 37-10 lead. The second half was much less eventful as the Razorbacks went to their ground game to try and keep A&M's offense off the field and entered the 4th quarter with the same 37-10 lead. The Hogs took Collins out after 1 run in the final quarter and got their backup running back some touches as they continued to try and keep the clock moving. They did enough to add another Holt FG, and Davis engineered one final Aggie drive and scored on a 4-yard keeper to finish the scoring for a 40-14 Razorback victory.

Running back Alex Collins led the way for the offense with 203 yards and a TD on 21 carries to go along with 2 catches for 17 yards and another score. The defense was lead by LB Otha Peters and the aforementioned Dean who each had 2 interceptions. In all the defense came up with 7 interceptions on the day.

"This was a big win for our program in so many ways," Razorbacks coach Cory Massey said. "To beat the number one team in the country is always a big win, and now we control our own destiny in the SEC West, which is as big as any ranking for this team. There's a ton of football left, and we'll take it one game at a time; but a loss here and you'd need a lot of help to make it to Atlanta."

Next week, Arkansas travels to Columbia, MO for a matchup with the Mizzou Tigers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WOO PIG SOOIE!

15. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Probably the biggest "program win" thus far for anyone in CL. Congrats

16. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

7 interceptions is crazy.

• Like Like x 2
  17. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Short circuit
    Tigers sneak past Tennessee 14-7 with a lopsided victory. LSU offense managae to get 18 first and control the clock for most of the game but turnovers what killed them. Both teams had a poor performance from the quarterback position Tenn going 9/16 and Lsu 9/18with a quarterback attempt. Tigers went 88% on third down conversion helping the offense control the game. Qb jennings had a 2 yard rushing touchdowns along with the Soph fullback 1 yard run for a score. TTennessee lone score came in the 4th quarter during a late run attempt. Ultimately at the end Tigers had the ball wasn't doing much but what little they did help.