Week 5 2016

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by nikpin, Feb 1, 2011.

1. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Welcome to Week 5!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (1-2) ===============
    Last week the Eagles were idle.
    This week, the Eagles will host #9 Western Michigan (4-0).

=============== #21 Idaho Vandals (3-0) ===============
    Last week the Vandals were idle.
    This week, the Vandals will host Utah State (2-2).

=============== #24 Kent State Golden Flashes (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 70-21 against Mid Tenn State (2-2).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host Bowling Green (0-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Tim Smith has committed to NC State

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky won 48-14 against Georgia Tech (0-3).
    This week, the Hilltoppers travel to Monroe to face the UL Monroe Warhawks (4-0).

=============== UAB Blazers (3-1) ===============
    Last week, UAB lost 55-24 against Western Michigan (4-0).
    This week, the Blazers will host Utah (3-0).

=============== #8 Army Black Knights (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Army won 28-24 against Utah State (2-2).
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Jonesboro to face the Arkansas State Red Wolves (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Jamaal Meyers has committed to Army

=============== #9 Western Michigan Broncos (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 55-24 against UAB (3-1).
    This week, the Broncos travel to Ypsilanti to face the Eastern Michigan Eagles (1-2).

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State lost 30-25 against UL Monroe (4-0).
    This week, the Red Wolves will host #8 Army (3-0).

=============== Utah State Aggies (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Utah State lost 28-24 against Army (3-0).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Moscow to face the #21 Idaho Vandals (3-0).

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (4-0) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe won 30-25 against Arkansas State (2-2).
    This week, the Warhawks will host Western Kentucky (2-1).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State lost 70-21 against Kent State (4-0).
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host #23 UL Lafayette (3-0).

=============== #23 UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (3-0) ===============
    Last week the Ragin' Cajuns were idle.
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns travel to Murfreesboro to face the Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders

• Like Like x 1
  2. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

This game comes up with the most bullshit things sometimes to fuck over one side... Nothing against CoachRedd he played an exceptional game, one of the best I've played, but it pisses
    me off so much when the game decides to not even play it fair, when my back up throws a ball so under thrown it is literally thrown directly to a DB covering a guy 15 YARDS behind the intended receiver it makes me want to just give up, when a 61 ovr TE is running with fucking impunity accross my secondary with no one able to catch him because they have all tripped over themselves (this actually happened I hope coach saved it) I break controllers and when my qb decides to throw the game winning ball 4 yards left into the safety I write furious msg board posts

Again this is nothing against redd he played an outstanding game and fully deserved the win but it makes me physically shake when the game goes seemingly trying to decide the game and I had to rant

• Like Like x 1
  3. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I've started to wear my workout clothes while I play. That way, I can immediately harness my anger into something positive.

I feel ya Snoopy.

On the other hand, *gulp* at Mid Tenn next week.

4. nikpin

I think we can no longer refer to him as FNG as he is now CoachRedd.

5. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Rapid Reaction​
    MTSU 40​
    ULL 35
    Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders bounced back from an ugly loss at Kent State to earn a good win on their homefield vs a ranked ULL team.​
    Coach Redd: "This is a huge win for our program. To beat a ranked team at home and more importantly to get a conference win, this is huge."​

1st Qtr
    7:49 TD ULL H. Thomas returned kickoff 86 yards (0-7 ULL)​
    6:04 TD MTSU M. Gatewood 24 Yd Rec (7-7)

2nd Qtr
    7:54 TD MTSU S. Tanner 18 Yd Run (14-7)​
    6:08 TD ULL T. Britton 39 Yd Rec (14-14)​
    0:08 FG MTSU 28 Yd (17-14)​

3rd Qtr
    1:17 TD ULL T. Britton 26 Yd Rec (17-21)​
    0:03 TD MTSU R. Fisher 24 Yd Rec (24-21)​

4th Qtr
    5:05 TD ULL C. Newton 17 Yd Rec (24-28)​
    4:24 TD MTSU R. Fisher 64 Yd Rec (31-28)​
    3:33 TD MTSU S. Tanner 27 Yd Run (missed PAT...seriously 37-28)​
    1:54 TD ULL T. Cox 1 Yd Run (37-35)​
    0:55 FG MTSU 35 Yd (40-35)​

What It Means: It means MTSU is not as bad as the blowouts vs Kent State and ND would suggest. It also means MTSU can compete in teh CUSA. Beating a ranked team in league play is huge for the program.​

Hero: This one was easy. 6'7 JR TE Ray Fisher. He finished the game with 7 Rec for 162 Yards and 2 TDs. Then, he capped it off by recovering ULL's onside kick. Huge game for Fisher as he posed matchup problems all game with his size and speed at the TE position. I'm certainly looking forward to utillzing him even more in the upcoming league games.​

Telling Stat: All the stats in this game were pretty even between the two teams. The only stat that really jumped out at me after the game was INT's. MTSU had 4 INT's off of ULL's Qb while Richard Lundy protected the ball pretty well for the MTSU Blue Raiders only throwing one pick. Forcing all american ULL QB Josh Wright into some key mistakes lead to the victory.​

Current Standing: The Blue Raiders moved to 3-2(1-1) on the year. The Blue Raiders are 2-0 at home this year.​

Moving Forward, whats next?: The Blue Raiders go on the road next week and face a tough Western Kentucky squad. This is a pivotal game in the conference as this game alone can swing the Blue Raiders conference record to a winning or losing record depending no the outcome.​

Initial thoughts on keys to the Western Kentucky game: As of this week, WKU QB Nate Barbour is 2nd in teh conference with a 194.4 QB Rating. But whether he or QB E.J. Hayden starts for WKU will be a huge factor in the game. Both QBs have solid numbers and positive TD-INT ratios. Stopping the passing attack will be huge.. but it starts with finding a way to defensd 6'6 Shaun Griffin who is having a monster season so far. Should be a good game...looking forward to the matchup next week. More on Western Kentucky later.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Holy carp.

7. CoachRedd

I didnt save it but I def remember the play where 2 dbs tripped over themselves and my TE just ran down the field for a TD. You have a legit argument.

8. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Thanks for making my prediction correct about MTSU winning a conference game!

Oh and Nik, you sure you want ULL ranked ahead of Utah State?

• Like Like x 1
  9. jkyle5

jkyle5 Walk On

UAB Blazers hand previously undefeated Utah their first loss...

The shorthanded Blazers of UAB manage to hang 50 on the Utah Utes without the help of their starting QB and RB. Backup junior QB Spencer Harris makes his case reclaim the starting position by completing 26-45 passes for 479 yrds and 4 TD's. However he also threw 3 picks... With this career day for Harris, he's already racked up 1080 passing yards on the year. If he can somehow end his unfortunate streak of int's... 11 so far on only 8 TD's... His case for starting QB might seem a little stronger. Until then, he'll have to settle for the temp job while waiting for the return of (RS) frosh QB Nelson Frazier.

The Utah Defense simply couldn't contain soph WR Anthony Cross, having had an explosive day with 9 catches gaining 224 yrds and a TD. The entire WR corps had a stellar day but, without a doubt, Cross the leader of the pack. SR Joseph Garret snaged 6 for 90 yrds and 2 TD's with (RS) frosh Justin Martin pulling down 5 for 87 yrds and a TD.

The normally relevant running game for UAB just hasn't been the same since the injury of (probably NFL bound) SR HB Dan Andrews, who is still nursing his strained back. Soph HB Nicholas Chase toted the rock 20 times for 3 TD's against the Utes. But is strictly being used as in goalline situations. He only gaied 51 yards on the ground on Utah.

Blazer fans are hoping last week's embarassing showing against #9 Western Michigan was only a hickup on what is looking to be a promising season. A 50-24 victory over Utah helped to stop the bleading but, a speedy recovery for HB Dan Anderson and QB Nelson Frazier could be what heals the wound.

[​IMG]INJURY REPORT[​IMG]
    *(QB) Nelson Frazier - projected out for 3 more weeks with a bruised shoulder
    *(HB) Dan Anderson - projected out for 2 more weeks with a strained back

10. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

@DirtycashDylan

Now you can blame someone else for hurting the Utes prestige lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Utah State Beats Idaho In The Tent; 31-28

The first half of the game was nearly identicle for each team. Utah State opened the game on a drive capped by a 32 yard TD rush by Billy McClain. Idaho scored on the next play from scrimmage, on a 66 yard run by Craft "MacNcheese". The Aggies got a big play of their own on the following possesion; a 52 yard TD pass when Brewster found Mike Watson without a defender within 10 yards of him. Then Idaho would sustain a drive capped off by a 3 yard TD run by Craft mnc. The 1st half would have 4 more possesions all ending in interceptions. The most crucial of which would have to be from Idaho. The Vandals had the ball at the 3 yard line with 12 seconds remaining and went for a fade route that was snatched way out of the air by CB Clint Williams.

Idaho recieved to open the 3rd quarter and went on a 3:40 drive capped by a 6 yard TD pass from Rice to McCullough. The Aggies lost runningback Billy McClain to a broken tailbone in the first half, and would rely on the passing game from then on out. The first Aggie drive of the 3rd looked promising untill it ended in an INT just outside of the goal line. USU would force an INT and drive towards a field goal to cut the lead to 4; 21-17. For a second straight possesion the Vandals were forced to punt and the Aggies took advantage of the good field position, scoring a TD in just 4 plays to take a 24-21 lead. As Idaho looked to take the lead, a Rice pass was read by Clint Williams who picked it off for his 3rd pick of the game :)bunny:HAT TRICK:bunny:)
    USU took possesion with 2:36 remaining and 2 Plays later on a 2nd and short situation, Brewster found WR Palmer who burnt the coverage and took the catch for 49 yards for a TD, giving USU a 31-21 lead. Idaho got the ball with under 2 minutes and would need 2 scores to tie/win. Idaho went on to convert a 4th and 20 and kept the momentum for a TD with 30 seconds to go. USU recovered the onside kick, but the Vandals had 3 timeouts. On 3rd and 4 with the game on the line, Coach Steamer put the trust in QB Brewster who cost the previous game on a crucial fumble. Brewster this time took an option and picked up the first down without fumbling, with just a kneel to win the game.

Player of the game goes to Clint Williams who intercepted 3 passes :)bunny:HAT TRICK:bunny:) on top of getting 4 total tackles and a deflection. Dennis Brewster completed 20-29 passes for 395 yards with 3 TDs and 3 INTs.

The Utah State victory ends Idaho's 8+ regular season C-USA game winning streak, hurting their chances of a 3rd straight West div championship.

[​IMG]

12. DirtycashDylan

Nice rebound Steamer. bragging rights...

13. DirtycashDylan

WKU-35
    ULM-24

I was never comfortable in this one. AJ jumped out to a 10-0 lead and he wound up going into the 4th quarter up 3 before I came back and scored 21 4th quarter points to get the road victory.

14. CoachRedd

Another east victory over the West. I think that runs the record to 4-0 for the East. Domination? I think so.

15. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Ya I felt like I had this one until my reciever fumbled the ball in the 4th. You can and scored to take the lead. Then my QB fumbled/throw a pick to your DE. It was like at the snap of a finger I went from being in control to playing catch up.

Coach Redd. Talking Trash already I see....

16. nikpin

It's an East thing, you wouldn't understand.

17. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah, that's not exactly news my young apprentice. The West has never won a conference championship...

18. nikpin

Anyone else's pictures not showing up on the dynasty wire?

19. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Mine aren't either...

20. nikpin

#9 Western Michigan 49
    @
    Eastern Michigan 17

1st Quarter:
    6:34 TD Western Michigan Travis Ruffin HB #26 65 Yd Rush (7-0)
    3:14 TD Western Michigan Zach Beck FB #45 1 Yd Rush (14-0)
    2nd Quarter:
    6:16 TD Western Michigan Travis Ruffin HB #26 1 Yd Rush (21-0)
    2:52 TD Eastern Michigan Sean McKnight WR #88 26 Yd Pass from Justin Chavis QB #16 (7-21)
    0:25 TD Western Michigan Brian Jones WR #18 18 Yd Pass from Adrian Pollock QB #9 (28-7)
    0:01 FG Eastern Michigan Josh Newby K #8 36 Yd FG (10-28)
    3rd Quarter:
    6:24 TD Western Michigan Kyle Walton TE #89 10 Yd Pass from Adrian Pollock QB #9 (35-10)
    0:35 TD Eastern Michigan Derrick Robinson HB #23 1 Yd Rush (17-35)
    4th Quarter:
    4:36 TD Western Michigan Travis Ruffin HB #26 3 Yd Rush (42-17)
    3:12 TD Western Michigan Cameron King HB #26 10 Yd Rush (49-17)

MVP: WMU HB Travis Ruffin: 16 Carries, 196 Yards and 3 TDs

The Turning Point: Travis Ruffins 65 yard run on Western Michigan's 1st play of scrimmage. It was pretty clear from this point on Eastern Michigan was out manned in the trenches.

Key To The Game: On the ground Eastern Michigan ran 28 times for 2.93 YPC while Western Michigan carried 41 times at 8.17 YPC. Very difficult to get stops when you're nearly allowing a first down every carry.

Next Week: At Home against UL-Monroe.

21. jkyle5

jkyle5 Walk On

Notta one...

22. DirtycashDylan

We should be advancing to week 6 by 11 ct tonight.

23. CoachRedd

@DirtycashDylan If you wanted to play our game as soon as we advance I can get on around 11

24. DirtycashDylan

Sure we could do that. I'm just guesstimating 11 though. @CoachRedd

25. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Blondie & I are supposed to kick off about 10est he said so I'm hoping your bet is safe.