Week 5, 2019

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Sorry i've been somewhat out of pocket lately. Let's keep plugging along and communicating, if this dies on the message boards it will die in the games, I'm still loving playing with my program (can't wait to play you again Glen Cieske) we've got some great games coming up (looking at you cmassey13 and cyhiphopp) and the interesting conference battles happening in every league. Let's keep it up. CL has been amazing this year, best dynasty experience i've ever had, and I can't wait to restart everything again with you guys in '14 but let's finish this year's game with a couple STRONG years of dynasty. ​
    #2 Ohio State @ #25 Michigan State​
    #9 Wisconsin @ #5 Nebraska​
    #15 Florida State @ #19 North Carolina
    #6 Florida @ Kentucky​
    Penn State @ Northwestern​
    #4 Oklahoma vs. Arkansas​
    #8 Alabama @ South Carolina​
    #7 Georgia Tech vs. Syracuse​
    User Game of the Week: #3 Texas @ #1 Notre Dame

2. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I wont be around this weekend on the boards as much, my fiance is have her gallbladder removed so I will be helping her around for the weekend. I'll still have my games done and if there's a user game I'm sure ill figure something out.

3. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

cyhiphopp it looks like I'll have to play Friday after work if that's ok with you, I've got plans tomorrow. I should be able to play Friday anytime after 6:30pm central. What works for you?

4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Friday is fine with me. I will need to wait till after the kids go to bed at about 9 as usual though.

5. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

SOONERS CONTINUE STRONG START TO SEASON

ARKANSAS 14 - OKLAHOMA 49

The Sooners were an unprecedented preseason #6 which resulted in several scratched head and outspoken critics due to their recent struggles after a move to the SEC. The Sooners appear to be on the right track however, as this week the #4 Sooners dismantled the Arkansas Razorbacks. The game started on a seesaw as both teams went three and out on their first two drives. Then the Sooners decided to start playing football. Brent Price finally found TE Steve Osborne on two consecutive passes, the latter resulting in the first score of the game on a two yard TD. The Sooners defense then began to exert their dominance over the smaller Razorbacks, and hit QB Joe Garcia early and often. In the second quarter, the Sooners were able to find the end zone two more times thanks to a combination of explosive pass plays and effective in between the tackles running. After the Sooners forced two interceptions, they two teams headed to the locker rooms with twenty one points in between them. The third quarter saw two more Oklahoma passing touchdowns, a second to both Osborne and JR WR Robert Joseph. In the fourth quarter, the Sooners put in their second string players on offense, and eventually on defense after the Razorbacks finally found the endzone. When asked why Fishdock had his defensive starters in the game to start the fourth he said, "Very rarely in this era of college football, epsecially in the SEC, does a shutout even enter the realm of possibility. Those kids were dug in, and I wanted to give them the chance to keep the goose egg on the scoreboard." Unfortunately, that was not the case, and it resulted in SR MLB Tyler Slaughter tied for the Oklahoma game high record of six sacks. The Oklahoma Sooners' defense was the story of today's game, led by MLB Slaughter. The Sooners controlled the tempo and the time of possession by a dominant margin, and the Razorbacks appeared to be defeated after their first two drives. Said Coach Fishdock, "This is a sneaky team we got here this year. I'm not quite sure what lies ahead of us. Obviously, we have that Bama, Texas doubleheader circled on the calendar, but even so, we could finally be a one loss team this year. We have kids on both sides of the ball who believe in themselves and each other. We can score with the best of them, and when we have our heads on straight, we can keep em out of the endzone. No...I'm not sure what we got here just yet, but I'm excited to find out."

Next week, the Sooners have one more tune up against Mississippi State before both Alabama and Texas come to town. With the way the schedule is lined up, the Sooners might have to take this season as "their chance".

6. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

wisconsin_helmet_right.png 2012-nebraska-helmet-alt1-left.png
    31-12
    ScreenHunter_40 Feb. 28 11.00.jpg

7. jandy

jandy Walk On

Wow we're flying through this week...Only 2 user v CPU games left and the ND vs. Texas showdown. How are you guys coming along with scheduling that? cmassey13 cyhiphopp

8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

CMassey is unavailable until Friday night so we are going to roll then.

• Like Like x 1