Week 5: 49ers vs Bills

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by CalebMackie, Oct 3, 2012.

1. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

[​IMG][​IMG]

The 49ers Get Bailed Out By Their D Once more!

49ers 28 - 24 Bills

This was cross conference match up between the tough 49ers defense and the air raiding Buffalo Bills that proved to be an interesting game to say the least. The Bills would be lead by their leader, Ryan Fitzpatrick, who would keep the 49ers on their heals for almost the majority of the match. One must begin to wonder after all of the yards the 49ers have allowed in these first 5 games if they are living up to the hype of the defense everyone feared last year.​
    The first quarter would be a very quiet quarter as the 49ers would be able to muster up one offensive touchdown from a long drive that ended with a LaMichael James rushing touchdown. In previous games the 49ers have had some decent success chucking the ball around with Kaepernick and keeping a substantial ratio of touchdowns to ints but this game would be the exact opposite. The 49ers tried to get Kaepernick in the offense early on but he would throw an early interception on a curl route that would prove to be a foreshadowing of things to come for him. He only threw 2 ints this game but he would only amount to 87 yards passing and would not even come close to throwing a passing touchdown. The 49ers feared this game would come eventually so they would stick with their ground and pound philosophy that has gotten them to this point.​
    The second quarter is where everything went right and wrong for Ryan Fitzpatrick; he would dial up two quite impressive drives, both resulting in touchdowns but he got a little greedy at the end of the 2nd quarter and had back to back turnovers to single handily give the 49ers those 14 points right back. One off of a Chris Culliver pick 6 (Chris Culliver has been a surprising player for the 49ers but he has been a key factor for them this season picking up his 4 pick on the season) and one off of a sack fumble resulting in a 13 yard recovery for a touchdown by Ray McDonald. The Bills offense and Ryan Fitzpatrick were determined to redeem themselves and did so by going 80 yards on a drive to score with only 1:20 remaining at the start of the drive.​
    By the third quarter it was 21 - 21 and the 49ers were feeling like the momentum was in their favor regardless of that final scoring drive by the end of half time. They did what they know best and controlled the pace of the game by pounding the rock and passing when necessary, they got the ball back by the start of the 3rd and went down the field on a LONG drive that topped off with a Frank Gore rushing touchdown for 9 yards. This drive took up almost half of the third quarter alone! The Bills would fire back but they were not successful at getting the getting into the end zone at all in the second half of the game. It seemed that the 49ers defense made enough adjustments and ultimately just let Ryan Fitzpatrick shoot himself into an oblivion to keep them away from scoring. Ryan would throw 3 touchdowns in this game along with 3 ints, the Bills would finish with 5 turnovers on the day in total. This is what seemed to make the difference in this game, the Bills were able to get a field goal with 2 minutes remaining but the 49ers were able to get 2 first downs and hold on for the victory moving themselves onto a 4-1 record on the season.​
    GG Legacy, this was a really fun, close game and I had a lot of fun being apart of it. Gl to you for the rest of the season​

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  2. Legacy

Legacy Walk On

GG CalebMackie

Couple of those interceptions I was confused about, but the user one you had and the two fumbles were just costly.

That last play though with Frank Gore left me speechless, but I shouldn't win a game when I have 5 turnovers.

All in all it was good to put some points up on that defense. I really need to cut down on my eagerness on some throws though. lol