Week 5: Bears (17) @ Panthers (35)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Claven, May 25, 2010.

1. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Oct 8, 2009
    Week 5: Bears (17) @ Panthers (35)

Panthers get rolling​

1st Quarter: Panthers started off with the ball and slowly drove down the field behind the work horse known as Deangelo Williams. After taking up the first 5 minutes of the 1st Quarter the Panthers dent the score board with Jake Scott dumping to Tony Fiammetta in the flat for a 12 yard TD. Bears got the ball and came out passing. First play found Cutler hitting Forte running across the field covered by Harrison Clark and Forte turned that 4 yard pass into a 58 yard gain. Then the next play again Cutler going back to Forte this time in the flat and again he breaks into open field. This time he goes about 20 yards until leveled and coughing up the ball, which was recovered by the Panthers. The Panthers Drive all they way down the field and punch it in from 17 yards out with Jake Scott connecting with Torry Holt at the end of the Quarter. (14-0)

2nd Quarter: Bears again come out passing and it continues to work against the Panther Defense. The Bears get in to the red zone but then stall and Bears are forced to kick 3. Panthers waste no time getting the ball back. A couple plays into their drive Jake Scott gets pressured quickly and is forced to dump the ball off short, but is hit in the process. The ball floats lazily in the air, but Deangelo sees this comes back to the ball and makes the catch. Then proceeds to break a couple tackles and takes it 73 yards to paydirt. (I have a highlight of this saved that I need to upload) The Bears answer back finally breaking the goaline on a 1 yard TD run by Forte. Panthers go into Halftime up (21 - 10)

3rd Quarter: Bears got the ball first in the 2nd half but failed to put up any points on their opening drive. Panthers help themselves out with 3 mins left in the 3rd when Jake Scott hooked up with Torry Holt again, this time a 7 yard TD. Bears do the same with Jay Cutler squeezing in a ball to Devin Hester from 12 yards out. (28 - 17)

4th Quarter: Panthers were able to break the Bears hopes of any comeback dreams when Deangelo broke a 34 yard TD run early in the 4th. (I have a highlight of this saved that I need to upload) Down multiple scores Cutler forced some passes and threw 2 of his 3 ints. The Panthers just drained the clock each time they had the ball back. Final Score (35 - 17)

The Panthers improve to 2-3 and coach Claven gets his first win of the season (other win was a simmed win) This was the game the Panthers needed after giving the Buccs 28 in the first quarter in last weeks game. The Panthers enter a bye week and have some preparing to do when they face the Vikings in Week 7 followed by Division rivals the New Orleans Saints in week 8.

Panthers Top Players:

QB. Jake Scott - 11/14 4TD's 190yards
    RB. D.Williams - 27atts 187yards TD/ 1rec 73yards TD
    WR. Tory Holt - 2recs 24yards 2TDs
    MLB Jon Beason - 2ints 2tckls
  2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Jul 29, 2009
    awesome! look the panthers picking up a huge win!! Panthers and Jets are my two teams that are underdogs and that i pull for