Week 5: Chiefs vs Ravens

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by JFace907, Oct 8, 2012.

1. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Walk-Off Victory in Football? Any Given Sunday
    After losing McCluster, Cyrus the Virus steps up in the clutch

Ravens 18
    CHIEFS 23

Kansas City, MO: The Chiefs tried as hard as they could to hold on to a lead they had no business having, not being able to generate a lick of offense and finally late in the fourth they lost said lead with just about 20 seconds to play. "We could feel it slipping. A 13-5 lead is an odd one to hold in the first place, but something about the way the game was going you could tell something was about to give," said Chiefs Head Coach JFace907. The Chiefs held the lead by turning over Joe Flacco 6 times (all interceptions) and some timely third down stops. After Ray Rice scored the go ahead touchdown for the Ravens the Chiefs lined up with their back up kick returner Cyrus Gray ready to receive. "Dex had just gone down the return before and I knew I had to step up. We had practically no time left and I needed to get this possession started right," said the reserve half back from Texas A&M. Getting the possession started right was exactly what he did. "Gray fields the kick 5 yards back. He's coming out, Gray reaches the 20. He's got a hole! Runs into his own man! He doesn't stop, Gray in Raven's territory, he's on the 30, 20, 15, 10, 5, TOUCHDOOOOOWN CHIEFS! CYRUS GRAY WITH THE WALK OFF 105 YARD KICKOFF RETURN FOR A TOUCHDOWN!!" was the call on the Chiefs radio network. The return technically was not a walkoff as there was just about 12 seconds left once Gray scored. The Chiefs would squid the following kick off and the Ravens couldn't do anything in the short time as the Chiefs take a hard fought W.

Great game TheRealHalupka an instant classic

2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Damn, you've had a few close games recently. I know the Ravens are really tough on defense, pretty impressive to pull this one out.

3. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

It was an extremely difficult game. I don't get those turnovers and i lose easily.

4. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

JFace907 I did an awful job reading the field with Flacco the entire game. I tried to force the ball into some spots and your defense took advantage.

You did a great job on that kickoff return and deserved to win the game. This was a hard fought defensive struggle. The Chief's run defense was solid for most of the game and really limited what I could do offensively.