Week 5: Falcons(43) vs 49rs(26)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by wajomatik, Nov 8, 2009.

1. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Oct 8, 2009
    Week 5: Falcons(43) vs 49rs(26)

Falcons impress after the byeBirds and Braves-Atlanta Sports Blog
    Xavier Washington
    The last time the Atlanta Falcons left the field they had just been scorched by Tom Brady and the Pat's in a gut wrenching 35-28 loss. Sunday the team went into the locker room with a much better feeling in thier stomach's ad they put a 48-46 beat down on the 49rs.

The 49rs looked impressive coming out with a balanced attack but stalled and were forced to punt. On Atlanta's first posession they displayed a focused attack driving down the field capped off with a 13yrd TD pass to Joe Walsh. The 49rs answered right back with a 41yrd screen pass to Gore setting up a Glen Coffee TD. But Atlanta come out aggressive and went 86yrds on a Micheal Turner TD run on the first play of the drive. The Falcons defense came out strong and forced the 49rs to punt but Matt Ryan threw an interception on the 49rs ten yard line.
    As the second quarter began the 49rs drove the length of the field and scored on a Micheal Crabtree TD making it 14-13. Atlanta seemed to lose balance in the second unable to score any points whil the 49rs scored 10 ananswered points taking a 14-16 lead into halftime.

As Atlanta came out in the third quarter they were looking for a spark and found it as Jerious Norwood took it to the house on a 44yrd run out of the wildcat. After a two point conversion the Falcons would take a 22-16 lead and dominated the rest of the third quarter scoring 14 more to the 49rs 3 points.
    The fourth quarter showed the teams exchanging punts and TD's to finish out the game. At the post game press confernce coach Wajomatik shared his thoughts,"First thing I want to say is that I'm very proud of our team I think we showed alot of heart to bounce back like we did today. I think we did alot better protecting Matt and the running game was there every time we called for it. Our defense gave up some big plays but buckled down when they had to. When we get back to Atlanta we are going to have a Victory Monday and start focusing on Chicago. Thanks that be it for today."

Key Stats
    Atlanta Falcons
    M. Ryan 19-24 256Yrds 4TD 1Int
    M. Turner 12 att 146yrds 2TD
    R. White 6 Rec 118 yrds 1TD

San Francisco 49rs
    S. Hill 19-35 363Yrds 2TD 1Int
    F. Gore 17 Att 45yrds
    M. Crabtree 6 Rec 111 yrds 1TD