WEEK 5 - Game of the Week - PREVIEW

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Sep 30, 2012.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Jun 5, 2012
    Atlanta Falcons MiaFLSurf at Washington Redskins Flyinhi2005
    The battle for supremacy is heating up in the NFC and this game looks to be a war between two of the top teams in the conference. The Falcons come into the game at 3-1 riding the heels of a three game winning streak. The Redskins, meanwhile, have started out 4-0 under rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III. Something has to give in this clash.​

Last Week

The Falcons narrowly defeated division rival Carolina 22-20 at home in Week 4. Matt Ryan had a solid game passing for 297 yards and three scores. However, the running game failed to get going (45 total yards) and the defense allowed Cam Newton to throw for 247 yards and three scores.​

The Redskins have been cruising, winning each of their four games by at least 11 points. Last week they polished off the Bucs 38-24. Griffin threw for 288 yards and three scores in the win. The area of concern, though, was the defense allowing 430 yards to Tampa Bay.​

Keys to the Game

The Atlanta defense ranks sixth in the league in yards allowed and fifth in opponent scoring. They have only allowed their opponents inside their red zone four times this season. Keeping the high powered Redskins offense in check will be key to stealing a win on the road.​

Washington ranks third in the league in total offense and second in scoring. However, they are in the middle of the pack in trips to their opponents red zone. Griffin will need to keep drives going and not rely on a big play against the stingy Atlanta defense.​

What to Watch

Turnovers - The Redskins are +8 in turnovers this year while the Falcons are a surprising -1. The Falcons defense, while successful at getting their opposition off of the field, hasn't been able to generate turnovers while the Redskins have generated the third most (12) in the league. The winner of the turnover battle will likely come out on top in this tilt.​

Redskins -6 O/U 50​

This game comes down to home field advantage. The Redskins offense and the Atlanta defense are equally as good and vice versa. You could flip a coin and have a great shot at picking the winner of this one. However, I think the Redskins win the turnover battle and walk away with a close win.​

Week 4 Content of the Week

jeb4056 Dallas Cowboys​

John answered the call this week and added player stats and a team report card to his Team Management page. He also posts great recaps every week and has established himself as a leader in the content delivery department. If you haven't done so, check out John's Dallas Cowboys page and "like" his work.​

Week 4 Sim Game of the Week

Jaguars 19, Bengals 13​

These two guys provided a classic sim battle in Week 4. Here are their keys stats from the game:​

Team Stats

Offensive Yards: CIN 265, JAX 318​
    Rushing Yards: CIN 85, JAX 158​
    Passing Yards: CIN 180, JAX 160​

Individual Leaders

Andy Dalton, CIN 20-22, 219 yards, 1 TD 0 INT​
    Blaine Gabbert, JAX 11-22, 160yards, 1 TD 2 INT​
    Maurice Jones-Drew, JAX 24 att, 157 yards, 6.5 avg, 1 TD​
    Bernard Scott, CIN 15 att, 63 yards, 4.2 avg​
    Justin Blackmon, JAX 7 rec, 86 yds, 12.3 avg​
    Mohamed Sanu, CIN 6 rec, 92 yards, 15.3 avg, 1 TD​
    Bernard Scott, CIN 5 rec, 25 yards, 5.0 avg​

Week 4 Sim Stat of the Week

Matt Cassel, KC YungLew15 21-30, 297 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT​

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  2. MiaFLSurf

MiaFLSurf Losing in the 90th

Sep 1, 2012
    You couldnt be more spot on with your prediction!

Lost by 6 points, exactly the spread. The reason? Two early turnovers cost me big time and then ANOTHER ONE deep in his territory. And I forced NONE.

My defense really cant get a turnover to save its life
  3. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Jun 5, 2012
    I have a secret formula ;) Maybe I should start a VFL booking service, lol
    • Like Like x 1