Week 5 Game Summaries(2011)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bulldog, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Post them here.

2. Bulldog

Highlights are on the wire!
    #25[​IMG][​IMG]#11

Close one in Athens!
    wk5 yr1 pic.PNG
    Above Marlon Brown catches a pass to put the Dawgs up 7-0 before halftime!

Whew! We got away with one there. The Dawgs managed to escape with a win over Miss State tonight to improve to 5-0. This was a defensive game all the way through, we just managed to get a few more 1st downs. Aaron Murray had 233 yards, 2 TDs, 1 interception, 11 yards rushing and he completed 9 out of 16 passes. Isaiah Crowell had a pretty good game again. He rushed for 92 yards on 22 carries but he didn't have any touchdowns. It wasn't his greatest game but he still did good. Carlton Thomas had 1 rushing touchdown and had 16 yards on just 3 carries. Orson Charles led the team with receptions, he had 3 catches for 90 yards and 1 touchdown. Marlon Brown also had a touchdown. On defense Branden Smith and Shawn Williams each had 4 total tackles. Abry Jones and Deangelo Tyson had 1 sack a piece and applied good pressure all game long. Brandon Boykin had a big interception late in the game to help us seal the deal. Overall i felt good about our erformance, i would have liked to seen the offense get more invilved but that's ok our defense helps us win another.
    In the 1st quarter there wasn't much action at all, neither team scored.
    In the 2nd quarter there wasn't much action either. We managed to score with 4 seconds left on the clock before half time on a HAILMARY pass to WR Marlon Brown(highlight on the wire).
    In the 3rd the offenses started to do a little more, both teams scored once. The Miss State Bulldogs scored on a long pass to a wide open Brandon Heavens and the UGA Dawgs scored on a 40 yard pass to TE Orson Charles.
    In the 4th the Georgia defense shut Miss STate down and we got in the endzone once to seal the deal on a 9 yard rush from backup running back Carlton Thomas. Thomas is looking really good and if he keeps it up he may be starting over Crowell soon.
    Overall it was a good game and we were lucky to get the win. Next week we take on the Vols at Neyland Stadium. That game is going to be tough because its at Neyland stadium.
    wk5 yr1 sb.PNG wk5 yr1 ts.PNG

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Whole Lot of Nothin'

Florida's defense baffles rival Alabama on their way to a 24-0 win.

The gator's defense proves its dominance, shutting out the Crimson Tide. The defense would end up with 10 total sacks, and LE Powell would get player of the game for his 6 sack, 2FF performance. The offense was efficient as it could be with 2 turnovers, but luckily the defense held firm and was able to stop Bama's offense. On the Offensive side of the ball, Brissett would be one of the only bright spots, going 12-21 149 1td.

Good Game Stiff

4. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

No driskell?

5. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Driskell is redshirted this season. He doesn't have the passing ability that Brissett has. His acc is only a 78 or so

6. LSUTRUTH

hmmm Driskell could throw it in real Life guess they didnt help him out. Briskett is overrated in NCAA

7. LSUTRUTH

KSU shuts down Griffin and Baylor.

Bryce Brown again carried the load leading KSU over Baylor as the KSU defense swarmed Baylors offense. High lights in the Dyn Wire

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

we shall see, he Driskell has the stronger arm, but Brissett is more accurate. I had planned on starting Brantley while RS Driskell but decided to start Brissett because of his speed.

9. Bulldog

Is that your game summary?

10. LSUTRUTH

I was running late for work but that was just so you knew i played. i am going to do a more indepth when i am off

11. Bulldog

Ok man good to know

12. LSUTRUTH

Is that not a good recap though?

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

he is a man of few words....lol

14. LSUTRUTH

KSU shuts down Griffin and brings Down Baylor

The key for KSU in this game was stopping the Legs of Robert Griffin lll. They would contain Mr. Griffin and force him to throw. Bring different blitzes all night KSU confused the Baylor protection schemes and forced Griffin to throw early or try and ran and he usually ran into a free runner. KSu allowed only 3 completions on 17 throws and Intercepted 3 off the passes themselves. Bryce Brown struggled week 1 and has run wild since Adding 121 yards to his season he also would add 2 catches for 18 yrds and a td. He is beginning to look like a legit candidate for the heisman trophy. Klein struggled but hit on throws when it mattered. TE Tannehill has become a favorite target in this offense catching multiple passes in each game.

In other news KSU dominated clock with 22 mins to just 6 for baylor. The game plan was to pound the rock and keep Baylor no huddle spread off the field they did just that and walked away with a win.

15. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Texas 24
    Iowa State 31

Wow this was the ultimate CPU Fuck you game lol. Couldn't handle the ISU offense for whatever reason, they never lined up in less than 3 wide, their default offense seemed to be 5 wide. I could have men draped all over them and they would still find a way to come down with the catch, or they would hand it off and literally break 4 tackles on the way to the endzone or another first down.

Offensively I had a horrible game and wound up benching Gilbert at the half he went 6-21 for 2 ints. Was still only down 14-0 at that point, but due to dropped passes that hit my WR in the facemask I could never get anything going, but at least Oklahoma lost last week as well lol. looks like KSU or Kansas might be able to sneak in and make some ground up, because Im going to get pounded against Oklahoma, i cant tell, my offense is so ineffective.

Oh and the icing on the cake, CPU is up 28-24 with 12 seconds left, no Texas timeouts, they throw the ball for a few yards, rush to the line and kick a FG to make it 31-24 haha!

16. jandy

jandy Walk On

7[​IMG][​IMG]31
    OU vs Ball State.PNG
    Oklahoma tops Ball State in convincing fashion

Oklahoma looked to rebound after last week's loss when they took on the Ball State Cardinals. After a slow start offensively, QB Landry Jones and the receiving corps connected for 3 second quarter touchdowns that put away the Cardinals. Jones finished the game 17-24 for 209 yards and 3 TD. The defense played great, surrendering only 14 yards on the ground, and forcing 2 turnovers.

This was a great game to use to prepare for the Red River Rivalry showdown next week with Texas. Coach Jandy and the Sooners know they'll be in for a fight against the Longhorns.

17. Bulldog

Way too short man. Need a little more than that. It doesn't have to be super long or anything just put a little more effort in.

18. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

The Auburn Tigers traveled to Columbia, SC on Saturday to face the #19 South Carolina Gamecocks.
    With the news of the Tigers being ranked #1 in the polls this week coach ctvolfan was worried his team would
    be over confident and not take this SEC game very seriously.

The game was defenitely a defensive affair with both teams struggling to move the ball. After going for it
    on a 4th and 1 in the 2nd quarter and getting stopped USC took the ball at the one yard. First play after the stop
    Wood hits Lattimore for a lateral pass in which he takes 99 yards for a td. The tigers never really got the ball moving until
    the 3rd quarter when now starting rb (after Dyers 2 week injury) Onterrio McCaleb takes a handoff and scrambles 54
    yards for a td.

The game was going back and forth in the 4th quarter with both teams having chances to take the lead. First, Auburn had the
    ball around the 26 yard line on the far left hash and shanks a field goal off the right upright. USC takes the ball drives down and with
    about 1:30 left in the game have a chance to take the lead and put the game away. However, their kicker chocked as well and missed
    their field goal as well, leaving Auburn with one more chance before going into OT.

Auburn successfully executes the 2 minute drive and finds themselves inside the 10 yard line with less than :30 seconds remaining.
    Decided to go with a handoff up the middle to McCaleb for the td and the win.

Such a sweet and tough SEC victory. Losing Dyer for the next two weeks will be tough but we will survive.

Up Next: Arkansas

[​IMG]

19. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Ok well I guess this is a 2 game recap because I had a restart that was my fault. In the first game, me and VTech were playing a great, clean defensive game. I was up 17-7 late in the 4th, they scored and onside kicked...I got it, ran 3 plays where they were basically in the backfield before I snapped it and gave it back to them with 45 secs left. Of course we know what happened...I got pissed, slammed the controller and the game froze. So I lost and got pissed...my bad...sadly I'm too old to be getting this pissed at a game but I hate the CPU BS cheese at the end of games.
    Game 2...I was going to make sure I lost cause I deserved it and didn't even need to give it away. Playing at VTech is really tough and I hope my schedule gets easier cause playing at Bama, home for FSU and at VT is brutal.
    Game recap...it was pretty defensive early...I had a FG for the only points in the 1st quarter. In the second, they had a couple good drives, 1 off a pick by me, and scored on a 1 yd rush and a 5 yd pass. I made a good drive before halftime and Boyd hit Hopkins from 6 yds out to make it 14-10 at the half. Wilson ran in his 2nd TD and they kicked a FG to give them a 24-10 lead early in the 4th. My highlight of the game...I score on a great 62 yd pass play from Boyd to McNeal and miss the XP even though I barely miss the center of the kick stick. I was laughing to control the rage. I got the ball back and threw a pick deep in their territory with 35 secs left to seal the loss. 2-3 not fun.
    I was mostly disappointed because the first game was so well=played...good D but I don't think either team had a turnover. In the second game, Boyd threw 5 picks, which is pretty much what cost me the first 2 games I lost.

20. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

MIAMI BEATS #2 TCU IN THEIR CRIB!
    First off damn EA and their shitty game...this is a transfer failed sim game. I won the 1st one 24-14 and it was a battle till the end. I had to sim this like 5 times for Miami to get the lead in the 4th then I had to coax them home as they started to unravel "Shannon" sytle. The score was 52-38 Jacory had a good game throwing for 484 yards and 5 td's. Laron Byrd had 5 catches for 205 yards and 2 of those TD's. Mike James carried the rock 23 times for 167 yards and 1 td. Miami looks ahead to next week as they travel to Blacksburg to take on rival Virginia Tech.

21. LSUTRUTH

Kansas State Defense shows big time Life as KSU wins 11-7

With Missouri looking at a 3rd and 2 KSU came up with the game clinching interception after Qb Franklin went though his reads and found nothing. The KSU offense was horrid scoring just 3 FG many of which coming after the KSU defense force a turnover. KSU defense has grown up right before our eyes here in the last 3 weeks this week providing 2 big plays a safety and a INt late. KSU defensive leader Arthur Brown is playing the best football of his life and it is showing.

What can Brown do for you watch?

Bryce Brown 9 rushes 75 yards 4 catches 68 yards also went down with an injury forcing KSU to use Hubbert as the feature back and Klein an more of an option role.

Arthur Brown 7 tackles 1 sack 1 int 4 TFL