Week 5 Game Summaries (2013)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kapono, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Kansas 48
    BYU 24

BYU hung tough in the 1st half, being down only 7 at the half, but Kansas’s offense couldn’t be stopped and BYU just couldn’t break tackles in the 2nd half like they did in the 1st half. Kansas’s offense looked great behind Jordan Webb’s arm and the offense piled up 614 yards. Darrian Miller also had a great day, running for 132 yards on 12 carries. Kansas sits at 5-0 but their defense has looked pretty bad this year. Next week they play a huge game vs. Texas.

Jordan Webb (QB)- 22-35 for 370 yards, 4 TD, INT, 40 rush yards, TD
    Darrian Miller (HB)- 12 carries for 132 yards, TD
    Anthony Pierson (HB)- 8 carries for 72 yards, 2 receptions for 22 yards, TD
    Chris Omigie (WR)- 5 receptions for 95 yards, 2 TD
    Dexter McDonald (WR)- 3 receptions for 87 yards, TD
    Darius Willis (MLB)- 9 tackles, 2 TFL
    Ray Mitchell (SS)- 7 tackles, TFL, FF

2. sonn

sonn Walk On

Strong second half leads to 42-7 win​
    The game was tied 7-7 heading into half but the Seminoles scored 35 points in the 3rd and 4th quarters thanks in large part to 4 interceptions by the defense. CB Xavier Rhodes had 2 interceptions including one that was returned for a touchdown. RB James Wilder who had played well the last 2 games struggled against a surprisingly stout run defense gaining just 48 yards on 17 carries although he added 2 rushing touchdowns. Wolfpack QB had a bad game throwing for just 99 yards with 1 one touchdown against 4 picks. WR Kenny Shaw had 182 yards on 5 receptions but 130 of them came on 2 Hail Mary passes shortly before halftime. The first of which was a 90 completion with 35 seconds before half. ​
    FSU Key Player​
    WR Kenny Shaw 270 Total Yards 1 TD​

3. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Miami 35
    North Carolina 7

The Canes start off slow but in the end they win big vs UNC. Ryan Williams continued his success throwing for 363 yards and 2 TDs but he also had 2 Ints. They continued to have issues running the ball though despite the 2 TDs on the ground they still didnt crack 50 yards rushing. A worrying trend. The game would have been much closer but the Cane defense forced 6 turnovers and that kept the Tar Heels down.

4. sonn

sonn Walk On

I think that's the first time Miami has beaten UNC. I'm pretty sure they made mcyork rage quit last season.

5. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

I can see why, there was some really suspect stuff during the game lol.. There only TD came on a play where the ball warped through the chest of my DB and into the hands of the WR.

6. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

59[​IMG][​IMG]15
    mfpic.PNG

It looks like Texas A&M should have stayed in the BIG12. The Bulldogs had to show them who runs the SEC in week 5 of the 2013 season and that's just what they did. Aaron Murray was named player of the game after a par performance. He threw for 3 TDs, 182 yards and completed 9 out of 18 passes. Michael Ford had a good game as well rushing for 134 yards on 16 carries and reaching the endzone once on a 68 yard rush in the 1st quarter. The Bulldogs take on Tennessee at home next week and hope to keep the winning streak alive.