Week 5 Game Summaries, S7

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by IrishBearcat, May 11, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Post em up!

2. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Week 5

Army 0 - Air Force 64

I tried keeping it a low scoring game but the talent level felt like I was playing a 1-AA school, however I like competing for the commander and chief trophy. I forced two turnovers on defense. Army rocked my QB and caused him to fumble and Army recovered. Army was unable to connect on their 50 yard FGs and missed every time. Army was unable to get into the redzone all day. Barrett had the play of the game when Army attempted a 53 FG that came up short and Barrett returned it 107 yards for a TD. I passed over 240 yards between both QBs on the day. Barrett had a decent day running the ball. I ran more QB draw plays out of shotgun and to my surprise Berry is a better runner than I thought for being a pocket passer. Air Force had a handful of recruits visit for the rivalry game so we shall see where things go with 6 recruits already signed and roughly 19 left to sign.

Coach Noffke is pleased so far with this team both on offense and defense. Coach Noffke is also thankful that he has not had any major drawbacks to injuries as in seasons past.

3. IrishBearcat

*collecting

4. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

i just wish they would progress alittle more since they are rivals but they seem to be getting worse which sucks since I would rather play a 17-14 game or one that is very close and low scoring.

5. IrishBearcat

Yea it's why I'm trying to rotate them so they don't drop to DIII too fast haha. Don't worry, you always have me as a rival! :)

6. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

that is true.. Every other year though I would get two of u at home and the other one the road.. It was helped for recruiting especially when playing a rival

7. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

i will add I don't think I compete for it anymore, the commander and chief thropy only playing one of them since I never recieved it last season.

8. IrishBearcat

I think you'll live without a few COC trophies, it's not like your short on trophies anyways! As I said I'll make sure you play one every year, I try and fit both but you have to be able to acheive the schedule difficulty that you receive based on your past season. It's been impossible to give you an "A" schedule difficulty with both of these scrubs on your schedule.

I really don't think it's that big of a deal. Both these teams are lucky to score a point on you. I don't think you've ever lost a CPU game. Makes sense though, I didn't realize how bad the CPU was at defending the option out wide, especially the load option till I started running some of it last season. I stopped running it since it really took any competitiveness out of the game.

I'd understand if they were your only rivals, but I make sure you get a rivalry home game every season.

9. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

right. i just wish they were better quality talent...

10. IrishBearcat

Hard for them to recruit when you dump a 0-64 loss on their season :)

11. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

[​IMG]

UNLV Beats Rival Nevada for the Seventh Time in Coach Beardown's Career

UNLV hosted the Wolf Pack of Nevada with a majority of the recruits at the game to see how intense this rivalry can be. UNLV's passion towards this game is very big. UNLV gets pumped up for these games just as much as they do games against the Falcons of Air Force. The defense came to play. They didn't get any turnovers but they played very fast and with a ton of excitement. Their play along with the brutality of offense lead to a T.O.P. where UNLV had the ball 21+ mins compared to Nevada's 6. This lead to the score of 23-3. Adam Smith had a quality game with a big sack close to safety territory. "It was good. I don't get many of those and to rip past a guard and get to the QB before he threw it definitely feels good" says Smith. "The offense was very dominate. We knew what we wanted to do and we enforced our dominance." Says Coach Beardown.

Bonus Coverage/Interview

Interviewer: What does the past two weeks mean to you?

Beardown: Well, it's good to get rolling again after some very disappointing losses. We got our momentum rolling and i hope it carries over to a Utah team with an excellent coach in Coach Dman.

Interviewer: With the meat of your schedule coming into fold with Utah as you said, Colorado St, a scrappy New Mexico team, and an Air Force team you've found some luck against, what do you need to do to come out of this with a 2-2 record or better?

Beardown: Well, I've had my struggles with Utah. Dman came to me three years ago and asked for some help because he had a similar QB in Montgomery to Taylor Barnhill and asked for some offensive help. So during the offseason i decided to help him out and explain my playbook and maybe get him back on his feet. He caught on very fast and he's executed very well. So now I've gotta refigure out the offense so i can stop it. Colorado St has always had that little circle around it. Play my brother Coach Irish is always a great experience. We've been competing in just about everything since i can remember. So this is just another thing to compete for. I've only won one game and I want to change that. New Mexico got a new coach a while back and they he's quite a get. I see him as like a gem in the rough. I know i didn't see him anywhere but he's doing all the right things to make his team competitive. I know I got my first four star last year. Coach Wildcat got his last year too, his third year here. It's phenomenal how fast that program is rising compared to the barren wasteland it was left in when Coach LC left unexpectedly. Now we get to one of my favorite games all yeah. Air Force. They are just something else. For Coach Noffke to come and take them to 6 consecutive MWC titles shows just how amazing this coach is. And beating him the past two years is something i put high on my list of things I've done great here in Vegas. So there is a lot we can do, but we gotta get better every week.

Interviewer: You fired your recruiting advisor after the off season last year. Why did this happen?

Beardown: Well, we just weren't getting the recruits we needed. We've been behind for years now in many positions and we aren't getting better. There are a good amount of good players interested in UNLV that we can't afford to mess up now. Last season we were scrambling for a QB and it just was too stressful to handle. We got to get things together. They new guy has a lot of good ideas and he is performing very well now. We have a lot of big names looking in at us and we going hard for a good amount too. Just hoping the momentum continues there.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

its not like i was aggressive on offense, even though the score would say otherwise. My defense made some huge plays and they missed several 50+ yard FGs which my return man returned for decent yardage. It could have gotten real ugly but I kicked FGs instead. I think they would be better if both of those team didnt run the triple option.

13. IrishBearcat

That's my point, you're beating them 64-0 playing conservatively lol. As I said it has to do with schedule ratings, and those override as long as everyone has at least 1 rival on their schedule.

14. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

right, I understand all that. I just want u to know I am not complaining btw...

15. IrishBearcat

You might not be, but Army's coach has been demanding your house address via text for the past 5 hours. :eek:

16. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

And my extra effort is going unnoticed =[

17. IrishBearcat

I liked it, good post fo sho! It'll be interesting to see what your team can do in the next few weeks.

18. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Wyoming 17 FSU 45

Once again POOR PLAYING LEFT AND RIGHT. This is by far the worst team Wyoming has had in it's 2 years Coach Duke has been there. The oline is awful the QB's accuracy is awful. The Cowboys can't do ANYTHING right this season. The Cowboys always start out close and then I don't know what happens they begin to suck. We will see what the future holds for the Cowboys but I'm not looking forward to it at all.

19. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

New Mexico walks in to Lafeyette and steals a blowout victory

UNM 42
    ULL 10

New Mexico went into their week 5 game with a chip on their shoulders. Angered by their play against Colorado State the previous week, the Lobos wanted to show that they were making strides to get out of the MWC basement. Going into Lafeyette, New Mexico had one major focus and that was to run the football effectively. The Lobos completed that goal on Saturday, running for 264 yrds and 5 td's. Freshman QB Aaron Cook led the way with 81 yds and 2 td's, followed closely by Senior tailback JJ Thomas who rushed for 80 yds and 2 td's as well. Starting QB Ken Garcia had a very solid game as well, rushing for 61 yds and adding 89 yds and 1 td thru the air. Freshman "jack of all trades" Tyler McNair also ran for 42 yds and a td. Coach Bakerwildcat was smiling ear to ear during his postgame interview with the Lobo Sports Network, "We were finally clicking" said Coach Baker. "Although no one players stats jumped of the page, we put a goal in front of us and we completed that task. That's the kind of things you have to do when your turning your program around and trying to compete week in and week out." The Lobos will face their biggest test of the season next week when they face Coach Noffke and his #6 ranked Air Force Falcons @ University Stadium.

21. IrishBearcat

Nice win man! An Air Force upset would be awesome. (y)

22. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

One can only dream sadly lol.... When u have a tight end starting on the o line, things aren't goin so hot lol!

23. IrishBearcat

#19 CSU 33
    TCU 6

TCU isn't a bad team, they just run a really bad offense and their defensive scheme puts way too many defenders in the box. The game was never close at all, and TCU became more and more inept as the game wore on. CSU capped on the victory with a scoop and score for a touchdown by DE Whitaker.

CSU hosts rival SDSU. The Rams have won the last 4, the last 2 at home by an average of 25 points.

24. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]

BYU hosted hated rival Utah State, and executed a blow-out as the experts predicted. Utah State would receive the ball first and score with a 34 yard pass, but that TD was the only score the Cougar defense allowed all game. C. Andrews completed roughly 50% of his passes for 150 yds, 3 TDs, and 0 INTs. Freshman QB Bill Maxwell came in during the second half, and went 4/9 for 68 yds and 0 TDs/INTs. V. Mitchell had 16 carries for 69 yards, and backup senior HB Marcus Craft had a big day with 6 carries for 65 yds and 2 TDs. Franklin, Smith, and Miller all had TD receptions. It was an all around team effort today, and it was a much needed win to boost the Cougars confidence going into conference play.​