Week 5 Game Summaries, S8

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by IrishBearcat, May 31, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

get it in ;)

2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Lost to Wyoming in a similar fashion on the last drive. I had time for one more play with 6 seconds left (No TOs), and I held 'Y' for one more no-huddle play, but it takes me back to the play selection screen anyway. Of course I can't snap the ball in time, and game over, I lose by 5. God it hurts to lose like that!!! 2 years in a row I had a chance for 1 more play...

3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Wyoming 33 BYU 28

This Wyoming squad has to be the best I have had all season. Wyoming started out with an interception on 3rd and 10 and returned it for a touchdown putting them up 7-0 early. But BYU had their mindset on running running and more damn running. Wyoming couldn't stop the running one bit until late in the 3rd quarter. Coach Duke noticed a pattern coach Fuzzy liked to cut outside a lot if I sent pressure on the outside that would shut it down. And it surely did Wyoming had 2 great stops and even BYU tried for a fake punt but that was stopped. BYU was leading a great drive down the field but they couldn't seem to snap the ball off before time expired another heartbreaking loss for the Cougars.

C.Juno 207 yards 0 TD's 1 INT.

4. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

New Mexico 24
    SD State 21

San Diego St. had the lead most of the game and New Mexico was able to stage an 11-point comeback in the 4th quarter. After the 1st UNM led 3-0, but SDSU took a 14-3 lead just before halftime. New Mexico scored on the 2nd half kickoff tightening it to 14-10. A 1-yard TD run by the Aztecs gave them a 21-10 lead, and New Mexico offense was playing terrible (at this point we had scored 9 TD’s in the season: 4 on defense, 1 on special teams, 4 on offense). They got the passing game working and scored on their next 2 possessions before holding SDSU to end the game. They had the ball on their own 3 with no timeouts and could not get into FG range.

New Mexico is now 3-1 and has a bye next week.

UNM Stats
    Scott Johnson (QB)- 11-19 for 187 yards, 2 TD, INT, 9 carries for 16 yards
    Will Burton (HB)- 12 carries for 30 yards
    Dane Carr (WR)- 3 receptions for 54 yards, 2 TD
    Tim McPherson (DE)- 5 tackles, 3 sacks
    Alex Prater (CB)- Kick return TD

SDSU Stats
    Rob Marks (QB)- 17-33 for 273 yards, 3 TD
    Rick Tate (HB)- 13 carries for 27 yards
    Seth Anderson (WR)- 6 receptions for 128 yards, TD
    Brian Everett (WR)- 5 receptions for 86 yards, 2 TD
    Claude Clark (CB)- 3 tackles, INT

Good game oshio

5. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

6. IrishBearcat

Uh oh, new guy tearing shit up at New Mexico!

Then again, SDSU has a WR at QB or something like that.

7. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

my guy made some plays but had probably more plays where he just couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. It's tough but my defense let me down in the 2nd half starting with a KR TD. the next TD after that was a total desperation loft up in the endzone play and his WR just outjumped my corner and then a huge clipping call as I was trying to run out the clock killed any momentum i could try and steal back and I was a goner.
    season has been shot since I lost Van but luckily he returns midseason for some big matchups stll

8. IrishBearcat

#18 COLORADO STATE 23
    CALIFORNIA 0

Computer games seem to keep playing out the exact same for me each time. I get drives going but make some bad decisions the result in punts, field goals, or turnovers. Had a 6-0 lead at halftime with the defense shutting everything down.

We started getting some turnovers in the second half. AA CB Mike Jones had two picks in the game. One of my DTs almost had a fumble recovery for a TD, but was caught BARELY from behind. We added our only touchdown of the day on a 44 yard sweep touchdown by slot WR Ryan Henderson.

Boise State comes to town next week, bigtime recruits will be up close and personal. :cool: